Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Corbyn is A Moron

"michael adams" mjadams25@ukonline wrote in message
o.uk...

"Andrew" wrote in message
On 27/08/2019 13:43, michael adams wrote:
Why we
even hire our nukes off of them at considerable cost,
with no guarantee that they'll actually let us use them.

We have stuffed our 'beloved' NHS with American high
technology, at huge expense for decades, and no-one has noticed,
never mind complain.

The problem with that argument whether accurate or not, is
the undoubted fact that people today are living longer.

Longer life expectancy* allowing for recent hiccups is one of the
few areas where you can definitely say that people are far better off
than years ago. And that their quality of life has improved.

Well us current generation of oldies at least. Unfortunately
we're living too long and the next generations are going to have
to work till they're 85 or something -

That’s bull****.

despite there being no jobs for anyone to do.

And so is that. The unemployment rate is as low as it has ever been.

Its a complex topic but the problem with the NHS has always been
the layers of bureaucracy and management needed to co-ordinate
such a large organisation - both within Whitehall Departments and
outside in the regions. And the NHS's use as a political football.
Throwing money at it which is often misdirected; introducing
accountability in the form of targets which overall can
be as self defeating as were the targets in Stalin's 5 year
plans. Chasing headlines a lot of the time in other words.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 28 Aug 2019 09:42:39 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"Andrew" wrote in message
On 27/08/2019 13:43, michael adams wrote:
Why we
even hire our nukes off of them at considerable cost,
with no guarantee that they'll actually let us use them.

We have stuffed our 'beloved' NHS with American high
technology, at huge expense for decades, and no-one has noticed,
never mind complain.

The problem with that argument whether accurate or not, is
the undoubted fact that people today are living longer.

Longer life expectancy* allowing for recent hiccups is one of the
few areas where you can definitely say that people are far better off
than years ago. And that their quality of life has improved.

Well us current generation of oldies at least. Unfortunately
we're living too long and the next generations are going to have
to work till they're 85 or something -

That¢s bull****.

Well, if you 85-year-old trolling senile pest got all this energy to keep
trolling on Usenet (starting every night from between 1 and 4 am) and
insulting people on Usenet, you ALSO got the energy to work, you obnoxious,
trolling senile pest!

--
The Natural Philosopher about senile Rot: