Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Solar Panel actual output over day/year versus theoretical output

I know only too well that a (for example) 250 watt solar panel doesn't
produce a continuous 250 watts for 24 hours a day every day of the
year. There's those things call nights, not to mention dull winter
days, and even dull summer days.

I've searched diligently but I can't find a site providing what seem
to be realistic 'ball park' figures for UK regions. I suspect there's
a special word for this percentage which I haven't found.

So, can someone either provide a figure for the average output of
(say) a 250 watt panel over the year in eastern England or point me at
a site that will tell me this. (I seem to remember the figure is
something like 20 to 25 percent, so I'll get an average of 60 watts or
so from a 250 watt panel).

--
Chris Green
·