Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ring doorbell camera - counterproductive?

You ring the doorbell, nobody answers, a voice comes through the
doorbell.....

So you guess they aren't in and burgle them?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/08/2019 19:31, R D S wrote:
You ring the doorbell, nobody answers, a voice comes through the
doorbell.....

So you guess they aren't in and burgle them?

or steal the camera in the door bell push!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

No, as most can be used with or without the picture and be answered on the
phone wherever it is. Treble I have with them is the appalling audio
quality. Everyone sounds like a Klingon.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"R D S" wrote in message
You ring the doorbell, nobody answers, a voice comes through the
doorbell.....

So you guess they aren't in and burgle them?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"R D S" wrote in message
You ring the doorbell, nobody answers, a voice comes through the
doorbell.....

So you guess they aren't in and burgle them?

And have the cops show up and frog march you off to the cells.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

No, as most can be used with or without the picture and be answered on the
phone wherever it is. Treble I have with them is the appalling audio
quality. Everyone sounds like a Klingon.

Doesn’t happen with my Arlos.

Only problem is that the PIR doesn’t work thru glass so you
cant mount the thing inside the patio door and so it’s a bit
easy to steal the camera itself and they arent cheap.

"R D S" wrote in message
You ring the doorbell, nobody answers, a voice comes through the
doorbell.....

So you guess they aren't in and burgle them?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/08/2019 00:59, Rod Speed wrote:

"R D S" wrote in message
You ring the doorbell, nobody answers, a voice comes through the
doorbell.....

So you guess they aren't in and burgle them?

And have the cops show up and frog march you off to the cells.

In the UK you are more likely to get the Police turning up two days
later and advising that you change the locks. The opportunist thief will
be wearing a hoodie and sunglasses and virtually unrecognisable.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 15 Aug 2019 10:19:50 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

No, as most can be used with or without the picture and be answered on the
phone wherever it is. Treble I have with them is the appalling audio
quality. Everyone sounds like a Klingon.

Doesn˘t happen with my Arlos.

Of COURSE not! LMAO

--
Bod addressing senile Rot:
"Rod, you have a sick twisted mind. I suggest you stop your mindless
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 15 Aug 2019 09:59:47 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

You ring the doorbell, nobody answers, a voice comes through the
doorbell.....

So you guess they aren't in and burgle them?

And have the cops show up and frog march you off to the cells.

Or, as in your case, just the men in the white coats again!

"That˘s because so much **** and ****e emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a ******."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"R D S" wrote in message
You ring the doorbell, nobody answers, a voice comes through the
doorbell.....

So you guess they aren't in and burgle them?

And have the cops show up and frog march you off to the cells.

In the UK you are more likely to get the Police turning up two days later
and advising that you change the locks.

Not now that Boris is driving the bus.

The opportunist thief will be wearing a hoodie and sunglasses and
virtually unrecognisable.

Thats what the laser is for, set those on fire.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"R D S" wrote in message
You ring the doorbell, nobody answers, a voice comes through the
doorbell.....

So you guess they aren't in and burgle them?

And have the cops show up and frog march you off to the cells.

In the UK you are more likely to get the Police turning up two days later
and advising that you change the locks.

Not now that Boris is driving the bus.

which will be cancelled because they are useless and/or aren't efficint or cant be used like his bendy buses and water canons.

The opportunist thief will be wearing a hoodie and sunglasses and
virtually unrecognisable.

Thats what the laser is for, set those on fire.

Such lasers aren't availble for such things.
As for camera all anyone has to do is where a mask.

Some don't have to even do that they just say it just looks like me ask David Schwimmer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-45960806

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 15 Aug 2019 19:39:15 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

In the UK you are more likely to get the Police turning up two days later
and advising that you change the locks.

Not now that Boris is driving the bus.

You can shove Boris together with his bus up your senile arse, senile
arsehole!

The opportunist thief will be wearing a hoodie and sunglasses and
virtually unrecognisable.

That˘s what the laser is for, set those on fire.

You can shove that laser up yours, too, senile arsehole!

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"R D S" wrote in message
You ring the doorbell, nobody answers, a voice comes through the
doorbell.....

So you guess they aren't in and burgle them?

And have the cops show up and frog march you off to the cells.

In the UK you are more likely to get the Police turning up two days
later and advising that you change the locks.

Not now that Boris is driving the bus.

which will be cancelled because they are useless and/or aren't efficint
or cant be used like his bendy buses and water canons.

They weren't Boris' bendy busses. He got rid of them. It was Ken L who
introduced them.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/08/2019 19:31, R D S wrote:
You ring the doorbell, nobody answers, a voice comes through the
doorbell.....

So you guess they aren't in and burgle them?

Yup, techmoan on YT came to that conclusion.

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"R D S" wrote in message
You ring the doorbell, nobody answers, a voice comes through the
doorbell.....

So you guess they aren't in and burgle them?

And have the cops show up and frog march you off to the cells.

In the UK you are more likely to get the Police turning up two days
later
and advising that you change the locks.

Not now that Boris is driving the bus.

which will be cancelled

Not a chance, you watch.

The opportunist thief will be wearing a hoodie and sunglasses and
virtually unrecognisable.

Thats what the laser is for, set those on fire.

Such lasers aren't availble for such things.

BULL****.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 16 Aug 2019 04:55:30 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

BULL****.

That one word would make the perfect nym for you, senile bull**** artist!

--
addressing nym-shifting senile Rodent:
"You on the other hand are a heavyweight bull****ter who demonstrates

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 15 August 2019 12:59:37 UTC+1, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 14/08/2019 19:31, R D S wrote:
You ring the doorbell, nobody answers, a voice comes through the
doorbell.....

So you guess they aren't in and burgle them?

Yup, techmoan on YT came to that conclusion.

So if you knock or ring on the door and nobody answers that means someone is in ?

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"R D S" wrote in message
You ring the doorbell, nobody answers, a voice comes through the
doorbell.....

So you guess they aren't in and burgle them?

And have the cops show up and frog march you off to the cells.

In the UK you are more likely to get the Police turning up two days
later
and advising that you change the locks.

Not now that Boris is driving the bus.

which will be cancelled

Not a chance, you watch.

The opportunist thief will be wearing a hoodie and sunglasses and
virtually unrecognisable.

Thats what the laser is for, set those on fire.

Such lasers aren't availble for such things.

BULL****.

Can yuo show me a laser that yuo can buy that sets people on fire ?
Just an amazon link or ASIN number will do.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/08/2019 11:22, whisky-dave wrote:

Can yuo show me a laser that yuo can buy that sets people on fire ?
Just an amazon link or ASIN number will do.

One of these will so will the 2.5W one I have in my laser cutter.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32867332604.html

I expect you would be arrested if you used one.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 16 August 2019 12:56:41 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
On 16/08/2019 11:22, whisky-dave wrote:

Can yuo show me a laser that yuo can buy that sets people on fire ?
Just an amazon link or ASIN number will do.

One of these will so will the 2.5W one I have in my laser cutter.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32867332604.html

I expect you would be arrested if you used one.

I wonder if they would be classed as a weapon, like a kitchen knife.
It says it burns is that the same sort of power needed to set a person on fire (without petrol) .

Where are my students when I actually need them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 20:34:12 +0100, alan_m
wrote:

On 14/08/2019 19:31, R D S wrote:
You ring the doorbell, nobody answers, a voice comes through the
doorbell.....

So you guess they aren't in and burgle them?

or steal the camera in the door bell push!

Ring guarantee theirs against theft.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/08/2019 16:27, Peter Johnson wrote:

or steal the camera in the door bell push!

Ring guarantee theirs against theft.

And how does ring stop people stealing them?

I guess they offer a "free" replacement upon theft but do they offer to
refund the cost getting someone in to fit it or the cost of the damage
when the thief used a crow bar to remove it quickly.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 14/08/2019 19:31, R D S wrote:
You ring the doorbell, nobody answers, a voice comes through the
doorbell.....

So you guess they aren't in and burgle them?

or steal the camera in the door bell push!

Ring guarantee theirs against theft.

Only for the one theft.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 17 Aug 2019 06:03:28 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

or steal the camera in the door bell push!

Ring guarantee theirs against theft.

Only for the one theft.

Seek a doctor, auto-contradicting senile asshole!

--
Keema Nam addressing nym-shifting senile Rodent:
"You are now exposed as a liar, as well as an ignorant troll."