Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What - electric car charging

On the local TV news - A taxi plugs into a rapid charger, which the
interviewed 'expert' declared was rated at 50Kv. I watched it twice, to
be sure of what the 'expert' had actually said.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 02/08/2019 18:54, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
On the local TV news - A taxi plugs into a rapid charger, which the
interviewed 'expert' declared was rated at 50Kv. I watched it twice, to
be sure of what the 'expert' had actually said.

50kW charging is available.

Remind us again what you plug your Tonka toy into?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 02/08/2019 20:52, ARW wrote:
On 02/08/2019 18:54, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
On the local TV news - A taxi plugs into a rapid charger, which the
interviewed 'expert' declared was rated at 50Kv. I watched it twice,
to be sure of what the 'expert' had actually said.

50kW charging is available.

Remind us again what you plug your Tonka toy into?

Sorry wrong Harry.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/08/2019 18:54, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
On the local TV news - A taxi plugs into a rapid charger, which the
interviewed 'expert' declared was rated at 50Kv. I watched it twice, to
be sure of what the 'expert' had actually said.

If we wanted to be charitable, it could be the nerves caused by the
prospect of being interviewed that caused temporary brain failure.

I'm not noted for my reluctance to offer opinions, I've done a bit of
public speaking and have had a fair bit of training for this as well as
for media presentation. But I completely fluffed a short piece to camera
when a TV crew were collecting backup takes after their main interviews
with other people, and my second take would have been unusable too (only
they were too nice to say so).