Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tool Stand - Which one?

Opinions please. Was about to order the Evolution stand but noticed a Parkside one coming up on Thursday 01/08/2019.

The Parkside says: "Includes 2 additional tool holder sections for more mounting options"

Otherwise, they seem fairly similar. A few reviews of the Parkside in the past have read quite well - expressly comparing against the Evolution. But the Evolution does get good reviews at Screwfix.

Evolution 800B Mitre Saw Stand with Extension Arms (48911) £49.99

https://www.screwfix.com/p/evolution...ion-arms/48911

Parkside Universal Tool Stand £39.99

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/MiddleofLi...rticleId=24158
Posted to uk.d-i-y

polygonum_on_google wrote:

Opinions please. Was about to order the Evolution stand but noticed a Parkside one coming up on Thursday 01/08/2019.

The Parkside says: "Includes 2 additional tool holder sections for more mounting options"

Otherwise, they seem fairly similar. A few reviews of the Parkside in the past have read quite well - expressly comparing against the Evolution. But the Evolution does get good reviews at Screwfix.

Evolution 800B Mitre Saw Stand with Extension Arms (48911) £49.99

I have the evolution one, very sturdy, you can buy extra set of 'bars'
to swap saws, or to attach a home-made bench top.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/evolution...ion-arms/48911

Parkside Universal Tool Stand £39.99

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/MiddleofLi...rticleId=24158

looks like the side rollers can't extend as far, as they each share
tubes, rather than the evolution's square tubes that each serve one side
roller, IYSWIM.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/07/2019 19:31, polygonum_on_google wrote:
Opinions please. Was about to order the Evolution stand but noticed a Parkside one coming up on Thursday 01/08/2019.

The Parkside says: "Includes 2 additional tool holder sections for more mounting options"

Otherwise, they seem fairly similar. A few reviews of the Parkside in the past have read quite well - expressly comparing against the Evolution. But the Evolution does get good reviews at Screwfix.

Evolution 800B Mitre Saw Stand with Extension Arms (48911) £49.99

https://www.screwfix.com/p/evolution...ion-arms/48911

Parkside Universal Tool Stand £39.99

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/MiddleofLi...rticleId=24158

I bought the Screwfix one last year and have been very happy with it,
but a couple of extra tool holders would be useful (they're quite
expensive from Evolution).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/07/2019 19:31, polygonum_on_google wrote:
Opinions please. Was about to order the Evolution stand but noticed a Parkside one coming up on Thursday 01/08/2019.

The Parkside says: "Includes 2 additional tool holder sections for more mounting options"

Otherwise, they seem fairly similar. A few reviews of the Parkside in the past have read quite well - expressly comparing against the Evolution. But the Evolution does get good reviews at Screwfix.

Evolution 800B Mitre Saw Stand with Extension Arms (48911) £49.99

https://www.screwfix.com/p/evolution...ion-arms/48911

Parkside Universal Tool Stand £39.99

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/MiddleofLi...rticleId=24158

I have the evolution one (amazon warehouse deal so cheap).
Its very stiff but its also very heavy for me now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 29 July 2019 20:29:30 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
On 29/07/2019 19:31, polygonum_on_google wrote:
Opinions please. Was about to order the Evolution stand but noticed a Parkside one coming up on Thursday 01/08/2019.

The Parkside says: "Includes 2 additional tool holder sections for more mounting options"

Otherwise, they seem fairly similar. A few reviews of the Parkside in the past have read quite well - expressly comparing against the Evolution. But the Evolution does get good reviews at Screwfix.

Evolution 800B Mitre Saw Stand with Extension Arms (48911) £49.99

https://www.screwfix.com/p/evolution...ion-arms/48911

Parkside Universal Tool Stand £39.99

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/MiddleofLi...rticleId=24158

I have the evolution one (amazon warehouse deal so cheap).
Its very stiff but its also very heavy for me now.

Not too worried about that - won't need to move it much. I hope.