Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default low-level stair/night lights

Looking for low-level night lights (not interested in plug-in ones),
most seem to have their own mounting frames, or metal clips into a
plasterboard hole that I could see working loose.

I found these that fit a standard back box, which I'd prefer

https://www.eterna-lighting.co.uk/product/rwl15

Rather than just white, are there any manufacturers who include such
lighting to match other colours/finishes for their ranges of
switches/sockets?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/07/2019 18:28, Andy Burns wrote:
Looking for low-level night lights (not interested in plug-in ones),
most seem to have their own mounting frames, or metal clips into a
plasterboard hole that I could see working loose.

I found these that fit a standard back box, which I'd prefer

https://www.eterna-lighting.co.uk/product/rwl15

Rather than just white, are there any manufacturers who include such
lighting to match other colours/finishes for their ranges of
switches/sockets?

Not quite the same, but I was very impressed with some lighting in the
hall and stairs of an AirBNB in Bruges earlier this year. These were
small round LEDs perhaps 30 mm in diameter, with several set into about
one riser in five, and others just above the skirting boards of the
landing. They had some sort of proximity / motion sensor that switched
on blocks of them. So that the stairs lighted up when you climbed them,
and the landing ones lit the way to the loo if you got up in the night.
The landings didn't have separate pendant lights.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound wrote:

I was very impressed with some lighting in the
hall and stairs of an AirBNB in Bruges earlier this year. These were
small round LEDs perhaps 30 mm in diameter, with several set into about
one riser in five, and others just above the skirting boards of the
landing. They had some sort of proximity / motion sensor that switched
on blocks of them. So that the stairs lighted up when you climbed them,
and the landing ones lit the way to the loo if you got up in the night.
The landings didn't have separate pendant lights.

Yes, these are 'going for a ****' lights, will have a search for smaller
ones ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/07/2019 20:36, Andy Burns wrote:
newshound wrote:

I was very impressed with some lighting in the hall and stairs of an
AirBNB in Bruges earlier this year. These were small round LEDs
perhaps 30 mm in diameter, with several set into about one riser in
five, and others just above the skirting boards of the landing. They
had some sort of proximity / motion sensor that switched on blocks of
them. So that the stairs lighted up when you climbed them, and the
landing ones lit the way to the loo if you got up in the night. The
landings didn't have separate pendant lights.

Yes, these are 'going for a ****' lights, will have a search for smaller
ones ...

Paint a fluorescent line from bed to bog, just like they
do in hospitals ?.