Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cable crimps

I don't make many crimped joints but like to keep a few crimps in stock
for when needed and I've reached the point where I need to stock up with
a few more red ones.

CPC are selling Pro Power and unbranded ones for just over a couple of
quid for a hundred which seems quite cheap - has anyone had problems
using these?, Although I don't need that many it will be far cheaper to
add some to my next order than it would be to get a small number
delivered on their own from TLC and not much more than getting just 25
from some unknown Ebay seller.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/06/2019 16:23, Mike Clarke wrote:
I don't make many crimped joints but like to keep a few crimps in stock
for when needed and I've reached the point where I need to stock up with
a few more red ones.

CPC are selling Pro Power and unbranded ones for just over a couple of
quid for a hundred which seems quite cheap - has anyone had problems
using these?, Although I don't need that many it will be far cheaper to
add some to my next order than it would be to get a small number
delivered on their own from TLC and not much more than getting just 25
from some unknown Ebay seller.

The Propower ones from CPC are OK

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 29 Jun 2019 16:23:20 +0100, Mike Clarke
wrote:

I don't make many crimped joints but like to keep a few crimps in stock
for when needed and I've reached the point where I need to stock up with
a few more red ones.

CPC are selling Pro Power and unbranded ones for just over a couple of
quid for a hundred which seems quite cheap - has anyone had problems
using these?, Although I don't need that many it will be far cheaper to
add some to my next order than it would be to get a small number
delivered on their own from TLC and not much more than getting just 25
from some unknown Ebay seller.

They are fine, but even if you don't use many it is also worth getting
a proper crimp tool rather than the common squeeze pliers.

https://cpc.farnell.com/duratool/d03...ool/dp/TL08620
for £11 would be more than adequate for occasional use and far better
than the pliers sort.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I don't make many crimped joints but like to keep a few crimps in stock
for when needed and I've reached the point where I need to stock up with
a few more red ones.

CPC are selling Pro Power and unbranded ones for just over a couple of
quid for a hundred which seems quite cheap - has anyone had problems
using these?, Although I don't need that many it will be far cheaper to
add some to my next order than it would be to get a small number
delivered on their own from TLC and not much more than getting just 25
from some unknown Ebay seller.

They are fine, but even if you don't use many it is also worth getting
a proper crimp tool rather than the common squeeze pliers.

https://cpc.farnell.com/duratool/d03...ool/dp/TL08620
for £11 would be more than adequate for occasional use and far better
than the pliers sort.

Ohh yes! Get a crimp tool! Pliers are rubbish for this.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/06/2019 18:38, Peter Parry wrote:

https://cpc.farnell.com/duratool/d03...ool/dp/TL08620
for £11 would be more than adequate for occasional use and far better
than the pliers sort.

I don't like the ratchet ones.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/06/2019 18:38, Peter Parry wrote:

They are fine, but even if you don't use many it is also worth getting
a proper crimp tool rather than the common squeeze pliers.

No problem, already have one, used it right from the start.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/06/2019 16:23, Mike Clarke wrote:
I don't make many crimped joints but like to keep a few crimps in stock
for when needed and I've reached the point where I need to stock up with
a few more red ones.

CPC are selling Pro Power and unbranded ones for just over a couple of
quid for a hundred which seems quite cheap - has anyone had problems
using these?, Although I don't need that many it will be far cheaper to
add some to my next order than it would be to get a small number
delivered on their own from TLC and not much more than getting just 25
from some unknown Ebay seller.

I have used them - seem ok.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Mike Clarke wrote:
I don't make many crimped joints but like to keep a few crimps in stock
for when needed and I've reached the point where I need to stock up with
a few more red ones.

CPC are selling Pro Power and unbranded ones for just over a couple of
quid for a hundred which seems quite cheap - has anyone had problems
using these?, Although I don't need that many it will be far cheaper to
add some to my next order than it would be to get a small number
delivered on their own from TLC and not much more than getting just 25
from some unknown Ebay seller.

I've found the quality of crimps varies enormously. Best I've found come
from TLC. But CPC should be OK.

--
*What happens when none of your bees wax? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.