Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_3_] Bill Wright[_3_] is offline

Default Cable crimps

On 29/06/2019 18:38, Peter Parry wrote:
On Sat, 29 Jun 2019 16:23:20 +0100, Mike Clarke
wrote:

I don't make many crimped joints but like to keep a few crimps in stock
for when needed and I've reached the point where I need to stock up with
a few more red ones.

CPC are selling Pro Power and unbranded ones for just over a couple of
quid for a hundred which seems quite cheap - has anyone had problems
using these?, Although I don't need that many it will be far cheaper to
add some to my next order than it would be to get a small number
delivered on their own from TLC and not much more than getting just 25
from some unknown Ebay seller.

They are fine, but even if you don't use many it is also worth getting
a proper crimp tool rather than the common squeeze pliers.

https://cpc.farnell.com/duratool/d03...ool/dp/TL08620
for £11 would be more than adequate for occasional use and far better
than the pliers sort.

Ohh yes! Get a crimp tool! Pliers are rubbish for this.

Bill