Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default H0V55-F cable

What is it? It doesn't seem to exist.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ah, cable from an alternate universe. I found a roll of cable when I was
clearing out to get the garage removed, it was cracking its insulation. I
suspect that no longer exists either it went to a good gypsy family.
Brian

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!
Today is Yesterdays Tomorrow.
wrote in message
What is it? It doesn't seem to exist.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 28 May 2019 08:52:07 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:
tabbypurr wrote:

What is it? It doesn't seem to exist.

H0V55-F doesn't seem to be a valid code, as per

https://www.peakcables.co.uk/european-system-cenelec-codes

Pre-sizzly. But an appliance calls for it and no other

Maybe it means H05VF, which would be 500v PVC flexible. Since the cable is never moved I don't see it needing flexibility. Anyway, it can't get what it's asking for, so it's then down to my judgement.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tabbypurr wrote:

What is it? It doesn't seem to exist.

H0V55-F doesn't seem to be a valid code, as per

https://www.peakcables.co.uk/european-system-cenelec-codes

Pre-sizzly. But an appliance calls for it and no other

Maybe it means H05VF, which would be 500v PVC flexible. Since the cable is never moved I don't see it needing flexibility. Anyway, it can't get what it's asking for, so it's then down to my judgement.

Unless you tell us what it is that you want to use it for, then yes.

electric hob. T&E will be fine.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tabbypurr wrote:

What is it? It doesn't seem to exist.

H0V55-F doesn't seem to be a valid code, as per

https://www.peakcables.co.uk/european-system-cenelec-codes

Pre-sizzly. But an appliance calls for it and no other

Maybe it means H05VF, which would be 500v PVC flexible. Since the
cable is never moved I don't see it needing flexibility. Anyway, it
can't get what it's asking for, so it's then down to my judgement.

Unless you tell us what it is that you want to use it for, then yes.

electric hob. T&E will be fine.

I suspect that that is only true if it has been specifically designed so
that the cable entry parts do not get hot in normal use. That applies
to most UK market cookers, I have no idea about hobs; or foreign items.

If the makers want a heat resistant cable (hard to say in this case if
the actually want a non-existent cable) then not using one is probably a
breach of regulations.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tabbypurr wrote:

[...]

The mfrs want a nonexistant cable. That's not going to happen.

Some hob mfrs say 2.5 T&E is fine, some want 4mm even when peak current draw, without applying diversity, is within 2.5's rated ampacity. The reason for the latter is down to heat, the hob applies some heat to the cable and in some cases that plus current heating of the cable might be too much.

NT