Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Floating patio experience

Hi all,

I happened to be in Topps Tiles the other week and they had a new range of porcelain tiles 20mm thick which you can use as patio slabs. The interesting thing was that you could buy plastic adjustable feet to sit them on.

Never heard of this before but after a bit of googling,this seems more common than I thought and more over seems like you can fit patio slabs this way too. In my scenario, this would be perfect as I have a concrete base which is around 80mm below the finished level. Also means you can lift them and sell on of you want to change them.

An example of them is here https://www.manomano.co.uk/p/adjusta...140-mm-4851122

Has anyone any experience with using this method of fitting? At circa £2 per tile wonder how this compares price wise to traditional fitting?

Thanks

Lee.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/05/2019 09:14, Lee Nowell wrote:

I happened to be in Topps Tiles the other week and they had a new range of porcelain tiles 20mm thick which you can use as patio slabs. The interesting thing was that you could buy plastic adjustable feet to sit them on.

First impression was WTF? But as I think about it it would make a piece
of **** out of my retrofit underfloor heating plan.

I might have a dabble with those.