Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Genuine Philips repair manuals.

I've got a few workshop (repair) manuals bought from Philips for various
things I once owned. All 20 plus years old.

Would be a shame to simply junk them, so any suggestions who could make
use of them? For free - just the cost of carriage or better still collect
them.

They are all in hardback folders.

System 4 Series of CRT TVs - KT4, K40.

FL 1.10 TV

CD 104 CD player.

VR 2120 and VR2220 Portable VCC recorder and tuner.

--
*I must always remember that I'm unique, just like everyone else. *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...splay.php?f=27

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 15:12:13 +0000 (GMT)
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

I've got a few workshop (repair) manuals bought from Philips for
various things I once owned. All 20 plus years old.

Would be a shame to simply junk them, so any suggestions who could
make use of them? For free - just the cost of carriage or better
still collect them.

It's your public duty to scan them and put them online. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

I've got a few workshop (repair) manuals bought from Philips for
various things I once owned. All 20 plus years old.

Would be a shame to simply junk them, so any suggestions who could
make use of them? For free - just the cost of carriage or better
still collect them.

It's your public duty to scan them and put them online. :-)

I was going to say that too!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

I've got a few workshop (repair) manuals bought from Philips for
various things I once owned. All 20 plus years old.

Would be a shame to simply junk them, so any suggestions who could
make use of them? For free - just the cost of carriage or better
still collect them.

It's your public duty to scan them and put them online. :-)

I was going to say that too!

You've not seen the size of them. ;-) The System 4 one is about 1.5 inches
thick.

--
*We never really grow*up, we only learn how to act in public.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

It's your public duty to scan them and put them online. :-)

I was going to say that too!

You've not seen the size of them. ;-) The System 4 one is about 1.5 inches
thick.

Well just scan it end-wise on. Simple.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I think I have some of those somewhere from way back. N1500/1 N1700 vcrs and
CD100 series cd players and some of the hipster tape recorders.

I used to like the colour coding of the diagrams for lubrication etc, and
the wonderful disassembly instructions then assemble in reverse order was
all you often got.
Adjusting the tape path on vcrs and the head amp was an interesting
experience, often actually worked better without the test gear!
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

I've got a few workshop (repair) manuals bought from Philips for various
things I once owned. All 20 plus years old.

Would be a shame to simply junk them, so any suggestions who could make
use of them? For free - just the cost of carriage or better still collect
them.

They are all in hardback folders.

System 4 Series of CRT TVs - KT4, K40.

FL 1.10 TV

CD 104 CD player.

VR 2120 and VR2220 Portable VCC recorder and tuner.

--
*I must always remember that I'm unique, just like everyone else. *

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 20 Mar 2019 00:41:45 +0000 (GMT)
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
newshound wrote:
On 19/03/2019 17:15, Rob Morley wrote:

[...]
[...]
[...]
I was going to say that too!

You've not seen the size of them. ;-) The System 4 one is about 1.5
inches thick.

I expect someone somewhere has a sheet feed scanner and an interest in
old service manuals ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article 20190320183116.6a320886@Mars,
Rob Morley wrote:
On Wed, 20 Mar 2019 00:41:45 +0000 (GMT)
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
newshound wrote:
On 19/03/2019 17:15, Rob Morley wrote:

[...]
[...]
[...]
I was going to say that too!

You've not seen the size of them. ;-) The System 4 one is about 1.5
inches thick.

I expect someone somewhere has a sheet feed scanner and an interest in
old service manuals ...

Then they are very welcome to them. For just the cost of sending them, or
they can collect for free. ;-)

--
*Confession is good for the soul, but bad for your career.