Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wall lights up and working

Well, I finally got all the lights working, but...

The Där fittings, although attractive, have some issues.
(These are the lights:
https://www.darlighting.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/1694/s/bureau-double-wall-bracket-antique-brass-bur0975/)

Firstly, they aren't quite symmetrical - the right-hand lamp of the "V"
shape points outwards slightly more than the left-hand lamp. But they
are welded and can't be adjusted.

Secondly, the glass varies markedly in thickness, and so in
colour/translucency. We noticed this when trying them out. In total we
have nine glass shades (six from the wall fittings and another three for
the ceiling fitting). Although the same length and diameter, I thought
it interesting to compare their weights to see how much they differed.
Remarkably, the lightest was 58g, and the heaviest 114g! How can they
vary so much, with one being almost double the thickness of another?

Finally, at least 10 - 12cm of cable is required for connection as the
shape of the fitting, and position of the fixed terminal block in it
makes it almost impossible to get to the block screws and tighten them
down properly. It's not a clever design if they are being used to
replace old fittings and the cable is relatively short. I wonder how
other fittings - not just made by Där - are in this respect if used to
replace older fittings.

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Sounds like batch differences. Surely they cannot all be so loosely
specified, they must have changed over subsequent redesigns. The lightes
probably te most recent as shipping costs must be less for a palette of
those with lighter glass.
Brian

--
----- --