Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Anyone seen The Medway Handyman?

"ARW" wrote in message
On 01/01/2019 10:30, tim... wrote:

wrote in message
On Monday, December 31, 2018 at 3:29:38 PM UTC, Marland wrote:
Pamela wrote:
On 20:16 30 Dec 2018, wrote in
:

On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 8:11:47 PM UTC, Marland wrote:

He used to deliberately wreck the cyclist group by being throughly
obnoxious for his own entertainment ,
and then complained about OT postings on here . Hypocritical ****
really.

GH

He also teamed up with Judith and Mr Benn and turned up at the BP
AGM
in 2011 in order to try and get me the sack for posting to urc in
work's time.

BP as in British Petroleum?

How would attending that AGM manage to get you the sack? It seems
a bit too
high powered a meeting to discuss trivia.

Especially 2011 when the repercussions of the DeepWater Horizon leak
were
leading to strong protests at the meeting.

As a self employed person I cannot see the TMH wasting a days earning
potential to do it either.

There are notes on the 2011 BP AGM here
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...port-live.html

Simon Masons alleged personal abuse of his employers time by the names
mentioned doesnt seem to be worthy of note nor is it listed in any of
the
resolutions that year
https://www.bp.com/content/dam/bp/pd...sults-2011.pdf

Simon Mason is being delusional.

GH

If only - here is the thread.

It was 2012 though, not 2011.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/uk.r...M/MoQvJ3xpCnkJ

Mr Benn, Judith and Dave Lang all turned up at the BP AGM 2012.

why?

Maybe they did not.

unless they are shareholders they shouldn't get through the door

So presumably they didn't

tim

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 01/01/2019 15:24, tim... wrote:

"ARW" wrote in message
On 01/01/2019 10:30, tim... wrote:

wrote in message
On Monday, December 31, 2018 at 3:29:38 PM UTC, Marland wrote:
Pamela wrote:
On 20:16Â* 30 Dec 2018, wrote in
:

On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 8:11:47 PM UTC, Marland wrote:

He used to deliberately wreck the cyclist group by being throughly
obnoxious for his own entertainment ,
and then complained about OT postings on here . Hypocritical ****
really.

GH

He also teamed up with Judith and Mr Benn and turned up at the
BP AGM
in 2011 in order to try and get me the sack for posting to urc in
work's time.

BP as in British Petroleum?

How would attending that AGM manage to get you the sack?Â* It seems
a bit too
high powered a meeting to discuss trivia.

Especially 2011 when the repercussions of the DeepWater Horizon
leak were
leading to strong protests at the meeting.

As a self employed person I cannot see the TMH wasting a days earning
potential to do it either.

There are notes on the 2011 BP AGM here
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...port-live.html

Simon Masons alleged personal abuse of his employers timeÂ* by the
names
mentioned doesnt seem to be worthy of note nor is it listed in any
of the
resolutions that year
https://www.bp.com/content/dam/bp/pd...sults-2011.pdf

Simon Mason is being delusional.

GH

If only - here is the thread.

It was 2012 though, not 2011.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/uk.r...M/MoQvJ3xpCnkJ

Mr Benn, Judith and Dave Lang all turned up at the BP AGM 2012.

why?

Maybe they did not.

unless they are shareholders they shouldn't get through the door

So presumably they didn't

Presumption does not rely on facts.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim..." wrote in message

"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message
Pamela wrote:
On 15:29 31 Dec 2018, Marland wrote in
:

Pamela wrote:
On 20:16 30 Dec 2018, wrote in
:

On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 8:11:47 PM UTC, Marland wrote:

He used to deliberately wreck the cyclist group by being throughly
obnoxious for his own entertainment , and then complained about OT
postings on here . Hypocritical **** really.

GH

He also teamed up with Judith and Mr Benn and turned up at the BP
AGM in 2011 in order to try and get me the sack for posting to urc
in work's time.

BP as in British Petroleum?

How would attending that AGM manage to get you the sack? It seems a
bit too high powered a meeting to discuss trivia.

Especially 2011 when the repercussions of the DeepWater Horizon leak
were leading to strong protests at the meeting.

As a self employed person I cannot see the TMH wasting a days earning
potential to do it either.

There are notes on the 2011 BP AGM here

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...rgy/oilandgas/
8449866/Independent-Commission-on-Banking-interim-report-live.html

Simon Masons alleged personal abuse of his employers time by the
names mentioned doesn't seem to be worthy of note nor is it listed
in any of the resolutions that year
https://www.bp.com/content/dam/bp/pd...s/bp-agm-poll-
results-2011.pdf

Simon Mason is being delusional.

GH

I didn't realise the post was from Simon Mason. That explains a lot.
Delusional is a foregone conclusion. Self-important is another.

I wonder how many people bought the autobiography he was going to
publish a couple of years ago. It was called "The Man Who Came Back
from the Dead". I don't see it on Aamzon - not even in the vanity
self-publishing section.

Well, I may have been mentioned in his book.

which book would that be:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Mason_(author)

Different person with the same name.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim..." wrote in message

wrote in message
On Monday, December 31, 2018 at 3:29:38 PM UTC, Marland wrote:
Pamela wrote:
On 20:16 30 Dec 2018, wrote in
:

[...]

To try and shaft him with his employer.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 4:56:53 PM UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"tim..." wrote in message

wrote in message
On Monday, December 31, 2018 at 3:29:38 PM UTC, Marland wrote:
Pamela wrote:
On 20:16 30 Dec 2018, wrote in
:

[...]

Spot on, Wodders.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMH TMH is offline

I'm still about & fine. Lost interest in the group because of all the
political ****e.

Nobody attended the BP AGM. It was a construct to wind uo the Mason
halfwit - which it did very successfully.

I knew the venue very well & included enough "accidental convincers" to
make it believable.

Mason is a bit thick & fell for it.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 11:28:52 PM UTC, TMH wrote:
I'm still about & fine. Lost interest in the group because of all the
political ****e.

Nobody attended the BP AGM. It was a construct to wind uo the Mason
halfwit - which it did very successfully.

I knew the venue very well & included enough "accidental convincers" to
make it believable.

Mason is a bit thick & fell for it.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

The head BP personnel guy in London rang me at work to tell me that people were going to turn up at the AGM, so someone must have told him as well. Anyway, I have been retired since 2014 and so can look back and laugh at it now. Moving to Lincolnshire on Friday.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
TMH wrote:
I'm still about & fine. Lost interest in the group because of all the
political ****e.

Nobody attended the BP AGM. It was a construct to wind uo the Mason
halfwit - which it did very successfully.

I knew the venue very well & included enough "accidental convincers" to
make it believable.

Mason is a bit thick & fell for it.

Interesting what puts people off a group more. Political OT or simply
infighting. ;-)

--
*I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
TMH wrote:
I'm still about & fine. Lost interest in the group because of all the
political ****e.

Nobody attended the BP AGM. It was a construct to wind uo the Mason
halfwit - which it did very successfully.

I knew the venue very well & included enough "accidental convincers" to
make it believable.

Mason is a bit thick & fell for it.

Interesting what puts people off a group more. Political OT or simply
infighting. ;-)

Infighting is fun; the political views of elderly bigots, less so.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/01/2019 11:48, Roger Hayter wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
TMH wrote:
I'm still about & fine. Lost interest in the group because of all the
political ****e.

Nobody attended the BP AGM. It was a construct to wind uo the Mason
halfwit - which it did very successfully.

I knew the venue very well & included enough "accidental convincers" to
make it believable.

Mason is a bit thick & fell for it.

Interesting what puts people off a group more. Political OT or simply
infighting. ;-)

Infighting is fun; the political views of elderly bigots, less so.

Infighting is fun; the political views of young naive snowflakes, less so.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 02/01/2019 11:48, Roger Hayter wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
TMH wrote:
I'm still about & fine. Lost interest in the group because of all the
political ****e.

Nobody attended the BP AGM. It was a construct to wind uo the Mason
halfwit - which it did very successfully.

I knew the venue very well & included enough "accidental convincers" to
make it believable.

Mason is a bit thick & fell for it.

Interesting what puts people off a group more. Political OT or simply
infighting. ;-)

Infighting is fun; the political views of elderly bigots, less so.

Infighting is fun; the political views of young naive snowflakes, less so.

Fortunately, no-one could describe me as young.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/01/2019 13:02, Roger Hayter wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 02/01/2019 11:48, Roger Hayter wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
TMH wrote:
I'm still about & fine. Lost interest in the group because of all the
political ****e.

Nobody attended the BP AGM. It was a construct to wind uo the Mason
halfwit - which it did very successfully.

I knew the venue very well & included enough "accidental convincers" to
make it believable.

Mason is a bit thick & fell for it.

Interesting what puts people off a group more. Political OT or simply
infighting. ;-)

Infighting is fun; the political views of elderly bigots, less so.

Infighting is fun; the political views of young naive snowflakes, less so.

Fortunately, no-one could describe me as young.

Young in the head

too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TMH" wrote in message ...

I'm still about & fine. Lost interest in the group because of all the
political ****e.

Nobody attended the BP AGM. It was a construct to wind uo the Mason
halfwit - which it did very successfully.

I knew the venue very well & included enough "accidental convincers" to
make it believable.

Mason is a bit thick & fell for it.

Glad to hear that you are still about and OK

Andrew
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article b18620eb-e011-4eca-bd70-303d6d557679
@googlegroups.com, says...

Moving to Lincolnshire on Friday.

That's really spoiled my day, that has.

Couldn't you move somewhere else? Wodderstralia, for example?

--

Terry

---
https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Roger Hayter wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
TMH wrote:
I'm still about & fine. Lost interest in the group because of all the
political ****e.

Nobody attended the BP AGM. It was a construct to wind uo the Mason
halfwit - which it did very successfully.

I knew the venue very well & included enough "accidental convincers" to
make it believable.

Mason is a bit thick & fell for it.

Interesting what puts people off a group more. Political OT or simply
infighting. ;-)

Infighting is fun;

To the point of trying to get someone sacked from their job?

the political views of elderly bigots, less so.

Thank gawd we differ on that.

--
*The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Roger Hayter wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
TMH wrote:
I'm still about & fine. Lost interest in the group because of all the
political ****e.

Nobody attended the BP AGM. It was a construct to wind uo the Mason
halfwit - which it did very successfully.

I knew the venue very well & included enough "accidental convincers" to
make it believable.

Mason is a bit thick & fell for it.

Interesting what puts people off a group more. Political OT or simply
infighting. ;-)

Infighting is fun;

To the point of trying to get someone sacked from their job?

Surely that's just the radio amateurs and the anti-cycling fanatics?
Just spillover in this group? Or am I wrong?

the political views of elderly bigots, less so.

Thank gawd we differ on that.

So you like discussing the political views of elderly bigots?

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 3:07:17 PM UTC, TMH wrote:

The head BP personnel guy in London rang me at work to tell me that people were going to turn up at the AGM, so someone must have told him as well.. Anyway, I have been retired since 2014 and so can look back and laugh at it now. Moving to Lincolnshire on Friday.

The head BP personnel guy in London didn't ring you. It wasn't me,
although I know who it was.

As I said, you are a bit thick & fell for it.

He claimed that he was called Mark James who happened to be on my Global Address List in the BP e-mail system. That means whoever it was had found out his name.

He had a Lincolnshire accent which I noted at the time. Anyway, it's all in the past now.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 6:53:13 PM UTC, Roger Hayter wrote:

To the point of trying to get someone sacked from their job?

Surely that's just the radio amateurs and the anti-cycling fanatics?
Just spillover in this group? Or am I wrong?

It all started in urc with Guy Chapman, Tom Crispin, Ian Jackson etc and Judith, Dave Lang, Mr Pounder, Mr Benn, Mr Cheerful, JNugent and Nuxxbar and spilled over into real life.

Guy even took Nuxx Bar to court.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/uk.r...o/WlHdCad7-qYJ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/01/2019 18:52, Roger Hayter wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Roger Hayter wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
TMH wrote:
I'm still about & fine. Lost interest in the group because of all the
political ****e.

Nobody attended the BP AGM. It was a construct to wind uo the Mason
halfwit - which it did very successfully.

I knew the venue very well & included enough "accidental convincers" to
make it believable.

Mason is a bit thick & fell for it.

Interesting what puts people off a group more. Political OT or simply
infighting. ;-)

Infighting is fun;

To the point of trying to get someone sacked from their job?

Surely that's just the radio amateurs and the anti-cycling fanatics?
Just spillover in this group? Or am I wrong?

You should know, you blindly support your chum who tried to do just
that- and not only failed but ended up in court.

Plus there was that admission re looking at personal files.

Not to mention falsely accusing others.

--
Always smile when walking, you never know where there is a camera ;-)

Remarkable Coincidences:
The Stock Market Crashes of 1929 and 2008 happened on the same
date in October. In Oct 1907, a run on the Knickerbocker Trust
Company led to the Great Depression.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/01/2019 23:28, TMH wrote:
I'm still about & fine. Lost interest in the group because of all the
political ****e.

Have to agree this was a great group when it started .... I remember
using TRN to access. Providing input to Matthew Marks for the FAQ.
Full of people who wanted to help each other.
Now it seems to be people posting off-topic items, cross posting
everywhere .. and even genuine questions get offensive answers & insults.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
TMH wrote:
I'm still about & fine. Lost interest in the group because of all the
political ****e.

Nobody attended the BP AGM. It was a construct to wind uo the Mason
halfwit - which it did very successfully.

I knew the venue very well & included enough "accidental convincers" to
make it believable.

Mason is a bit thick & fell for it.

Interesting what puts people off a group more. Political OT or simply
infighting. ;-)

Infighting is fun; the political views of elderly bigots, less so.

don't you see that simply calling everyone who doesn't agree with you bigots
as being part of the problem

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/01/2019 12:11, rick wrote:
On 01/01/2019 23:28, TMH wrote:
I'm still about & fine. Lost interest in the group because of all the
political ****e.

Have to agree this was a great group when it started ....Â* I remember
using TRN to access.Â* Providing input to Matthew Marks for the FAQ. Full
of people who wanted to help each other.
Now it seems to be people posting off-topic items, cross posting
everywhere .. and even genuine questions get offensive answers & insults.

That is what years of self righteous socialism does to people.

foolish, and by the rulers as useful.

(Seneca the Younger, 65 AD)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim... wrote:

"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
TMH wrote:
I'm still about & fine. Lost interest in the group because of all the
political ****e.

Nobody attended the BP AGM. It was a construct to wind uo the Mason
halfwit - which it did very successfully.

I knew the venue very well & included enough "accidental convincers" to
make it believable.

Mason is a bit thick & fell for it.

Interesting what puts people off a group more. Political OT or simply
infighting. ;-)

Infighting is fun; the political views of elderly bigots, less so.

don't you see that simply calling everyone who doesn't agree with you bigots
as being part of the problem

It depends if they disagree with me in a bigoted and unpleasant way.
Plenty of people disagree with me without being racist and intolerant of
the weak and underprivileged. Especially about the EU.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim... wrote:

"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
TMH wrote:
[...]

and how do you glean that simply from posts supporting one view or another?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim... wrote:

"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Â*Â*Â* TMH wrote:
I'm still about & fine. Lost interest in the group because of
all the
political ****e.

Nobody attended the BP AGM. It was a construct to wind uo the Mason
halfwit - which it did very successfully.

I knew the venue very well & included enough "accidental
convincers" to
make it believable.

Mason is a bit thick & fell for it.

Interesting what puts people off a group more. Political OT or simply
infighting. ;-)

Infighting is fun;Â*Â* the political views of elderly bigots, less so.

don't you see that simply calling everyone who doesn't agree with you
bigots
as being part of the problem

It depends if they disagree with me in a bigoted and unpleasant way.
Plenty of people disagree with me without being racist and intolerant of
the weak and underprivileged.

and how do you glean that simply from posts supporting one view or another?

Because he is a bigot.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim... wrote:

"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
TMH wrote:
[...]

Obviously, I don't. For instance, although I disagree with his
conclusions, TNP's posts could have been written forty years ago by
Anthony Wedgwood Benn (apart from the wilful misidentification of
corporatist EU policies as "socialism"). I disagree with him, but he
demonstrates little bigotry. Others seem to hate foreigners, Muslims
and poor people, and even young people, and it spills over into their
Brexit posts; and often, strangely, cyclists.

--

Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

tim... wrote:

"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
TMH wrote:
[...]

Well I am not that keen on the French no matter what age or religion
they are.

But lets be honest, who is?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim... wrote:

"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
TMH wrote:
[...]

Oddly enough, the French are a protected species under the more recent
anti-discrimation legislation.

Strange, but true.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/01/2019 01:10, Roger Hayter wrote:
Plenty of people disagree with me without being racist and intolerant of
the weak and underprivileged.

Im ma SO sorry. I never realised you were weak and underprivilged. You
always come across as fat smug and very comfortable.

Like most people who claim to be on the side of the weak and
underprivileged.

Usually with an element of patronising racism in their thinking, so an
underprivileged Botswanan scores more than an underprivileged Swede...

Mark Twain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/01/2019 10:22, Roger Hayter wrote:
TNP's posts could have been written forty years ago by
Anthony Wedgwood Benn (apart from the wilful misidentification of
corporatist EU policies as "socialism").

Wedwood \Bernn weas a total hypcrise and ****. He only gotr one thing
right. The EU are insacakble.

What you havent cottoned onto is that money can buy anything and has
bought politicsinas, the green movement and even socialism.

Ity was alwaus more about liberal middle class conscience than the
working class, but now it is simply a way to sell political and other
product to the likes of Plowperson whilst it goes around dismantling any
local power strucrtuires and cultures to implement global marketing and
a one world single market which it wants to own.

Globalism is somewhat self sustaining and buting the Left as well as the
Right was the most obvious thing to do.

Howver it contains the seeds of its own destruction. Which are just
beginning to sprout.

Since you are not a student of dynamic systems theory - and global
society is a dynamic system - you woulkdnt understsand my arguments, but
suffice to say the current sitiation is mathematically unstable.

We weill either de globalise and prpsper or end up with a world wide
police state, which will collapse through inefficiency later.

--
Socialism is the philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the
gospel of envy.

Its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.

Winston Churchill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/01/2019 10:32, ARW wrote:
Well I am not that keen on the French no matter what age or religion
they are.

Plague of Frogs. Read it in Nostradamus or something.

--
The lifetime of any political organisation is about three years before
its been subverted by the people it tried to warn you about.

Anon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 06/01/2019 10:22, Roger Hayter wrote:
TNP's posts could have been written forty years ago by
Anthony Wedgwood Benn (apart from the wilful misidentification of
corporatist EU policies as "socialism").

Wedwood \Bernn weas a total hypcrise and ****. He only gotr one thing
right. The EU are insacakble.

What you havent cottoned onto is that money can buy anything and has
bought politicsinas, the green movement and even socialism.

But under such ownership it is no longer socialism.

Ity was alwaus more about liberal middle class conscience than the
working class, but now it is simply a way to sell political and other
product to the likes of Plowperson whilst it goes around dismantling any
local power strucrtuires and cultures to implement global marketing and
a one world single market which it wants to own.

Globalism is somewhat self sustaining and buting the Left as well as the
Right was the most obvious thing to do.

Howver it contains the seeds of its own destruction. Which are just
beginning to sprout.

Since you are not a student of dynamic systems theory - and global
society is a dynamic system - you woulkdnt understsand my arguments, but
suffice to say the current sitiation is mathematically unstable.

Is that the same as dialectical materialism, or is it better?

We weill either de globalise and prpsper or end up with a world wide
police state, which will collapse through inefficiency later.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 06/01/2019 01:10, Roger Hayter wrote:
Plenty of people disagree with me without being racist and intolerant of
the weak and underprivileged.

Im ma SO sorry. I never realised you were weak and underprivilged. You
always come across as fat smug and very comfortable.

Like most people who claim to be on the side of the weak and
underprivileged.

Usually with an element of patronising racism in their thinking, so an
underprivileged Botswanan scores more than an underprivileged Swede...

Apart from principles, which as you say are cheap, I have close family
who fit into several of the most-criticised categories.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW .

Well I am not that keen on the French no matter what age or religion
they are.

But lets be honest, who is?

Their letters used to be quite popular.

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim... wrote:

"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
TMH wrote:
[...]

Lots of bigotry about the EU and Germans.

Others seem to hate foreigners, Muslims

Yes, particularly harry and cursitor doom.

and poor people,

Havent noticed much of that except from cursitor
doom and harry.

and even young people, and it spills over into
their Brexit posts; and often, strangely, cyclists.

Its not very surprising that bigots are bigots about more than
just one thing. In fact I can't think of any bigot who isnt.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

And that is the sort of bigotry I was talking about.