Jamie

Default Draining Back Boiler

Hello

I currently have a coal fire, with a back boiler / immersion heater system.

I am looking at having central heating installed with a combi-boiler and
radiators, but keeping the coal fire as is.

Removal of the back boiler is not really an option as I have a fireplace
which I do not wnt to move, therefore the only option is to drain the back
boiler.

What is the safest way for this to be done? Would merely drilling many
holes into it suffice? Would filling it with liquid cement be safer? I
don't want the boiler to have a build up of gases and then to blow up when I
have the coal fire lit.

Any comments greatly received.

Thanks in anticipation.

Jamie

BigWallop

"Jamie" wrote in message
Hello

I currently have a coal fire, with a back boiler / immersion heater

system.

I am looking at having central heating installed with a combi-boiler and
radiators, but keeping the coal fire as is.

Removal of the back boiler is not really an option as I have a fireplace
which I do not wnt to move, therefore the only option is to drain the back
boiler.

What is the safest way for this to be done? Would merely drilling many
holes into it suffice? Would filling it with liquid cement be safer? I
don't want the boiler to have a build up of gases and then to blow up when

have the coal fire lit.

Any comments greatly received.

Thanks in anticipation.

Jamie

Just cut the pipes off it and leave them open.