Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Kenwood oven base element removal?

I have a Kenwood range oven and the bottom element has failed on the
main oven. It doesn't seem to remove from the back: the flange is the
wrong side of the "back plate" where you can access the wiring. It
doesn't seem to come out downwards into the tray space, and the "oven
lining" part looks very complicated to dismantle. I have done a bit of
googling for videos or manuals without any luck. It is something like a
CK405 (irritatingly the model plate has fallen off).

I only seem to be finding clickbait and/or charging sites for a service
manual (installation manuals are easy to find).

Any suggestions, links?

TIA
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/12/2018 10:56, newshound wrote:
I have a Kenwood range oven and the bottom element has failed on the
main oven. It doesn't seem to remove from the back: the flange is the
wrong side of the "back plate" where you can access the wiring. It
doesn't seem to come out downwards into the tray space, and the "oven
lining" part looks very complicated to dismantle. I have done a bit of
googling for videos or manuals without any luck. It is something like a
CK405 (irritatingly the model plate has fallen off).

I only seem to be finding clickbait and/or charging sites for a service
manual (installation manuals are easy to find).

Any suggestions, links?

TIA

Turns out to be the classic Sherlock Holmes job: when you have
eliminated all the possible....

Remove top. Take off all knobs and release front panel. Then you can
take off the side panel, which lets you remove the "roof" of the tray
space, and there you are. (There is a single completely unnecessary
screw masked by the front panel).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
I have a Kenwood range oven and the bottom element has failed on the main
oven. It doesn't seem to remove from the back: the flange is the wrong
side of the "back plate" where you can access the wiring. It doesn't seem
to come out downwards into the tray space, and the "oven lining" part
looks very complicated to dismantle. I have done a bit of googling for
videos or manuals without any luck. It is something like a CK405
(irritatingly the model plate has fallen off).

I only seem to be finding clickbait and/or charging sites for a service
manual (installation manuals are easy to find).

Any suggestions, links?

Surely there must be youtubes showing how to change that ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Fri, 21 Dec 2018 05:03:17 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

I only seem to be finding clickbait and/or charging sites for a service
manual (installation manuals are easy to find).

Any suggestions, links?

Surely there must be youtubes showing how to change that ?

Perhaps not? How about finding the solution for him online, senile Rot? You
got nothing better to do in your senile old age anyway!

--
Marland addressing bull****ting senile Rot:
"Stay in your wet paper bag you thick twit."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/12/2018 18:03, Rod Speed wrote:

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
I have a Kenwood range oven and the bottom element has failed on the
main oven. It doesn't seem to remove from the back: the flange is the
wrong side of the "back plate" where you can access the wiring. It
doesn't seem to come out downwards into the tray space, and the "oven
lining" part looks very complicated to dismantle. I have done a bit of
googling for videos or manuals without any luck. It is something like
a CK405 (irritatingly the model plate has fallen off).

I only seem to be finding clickbait and/or charging sites for a
service manual (installation manuals are easy to find).

Any suggestions, links?

Surely there must be youtubes showing how to change that ?

You might think so. I only found ones for *easy* cases where they come
out from the back.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 20/12/2018 18:03, Rod Speed wrote:

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
I have a Kenwood range oven and the bottom element has failed on the
main oven. It doesn't seem to remove from the back: the flange is the
wrong side of the "back plate" where you can access the wiring. It
doesn't seem to come out downwards into the tray space, and the "oven
lining" part looks very complicated to dismantle. I have done a bit of
googling for videos or manuals without any luck. It is something like a
CK405 (irritatingly the model plate has fallen off).

I only seem to be finding clickbait and/or charging sites for a service
manual (installation manuals are easy to find).

Any suggestions, links?

Surely there must be youtubes showing how to change that ?

You might think so. I only found ones for *easy* cases where they come out
from the back.

So you should do one yourself now that you have worked out how to do it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 21 Dec 2018 08:40:37 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

You might think so. I only found ones for *easy* cases where they come out
from the back.

So you should do one yourself now that you have worked out how to do it.

Driveling idiot! LOL

--
Bod addressing abnormal senile quarreller Rot:
"Do you practice arguing with yourself in an empty room?"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/12/2018 21:40, Rod Speed wrote:

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 20/12/2018 18:03, Rod Speed wrote:

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
I have a Kenwood range oven and the bottom element has failed on the
main oven. It doesn't seem to remove from the back: the flange is
the wrong side of the "back plate" where you can access the wiring.
It doesn't seem to come out downwards into the tray space, and the
"oven lining" part looks very complicated to dismantle. I have done
a bit of googling for videos or manuals without any luck. It is
something like a CK405 (irritatingly the model plate has fallen off).

I only seem to be finding clickbait and/or charging sites for a
service manual (installation manuals are easy to find).

Any suggestions, links?

Surely there must be youtubes showing how to change that ?

You might think so. I only found ones for *easy* cases where they come
out from the back.

So you should do one yourself now that you have worked out how to do it.

I thought about that, but it is a pretty old cooker now. And I did post
the answer here.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 20/12/2018 21:40, Rod Speed wrote:

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 20/12/2018 18:03, Rod Speed wrote:

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
[...]

Sure but no one doing a google will find yours in here.

OTOH without a model number its not as useful as with one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/12/2018 18:12, Rod Speed wrote:

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 20/12/2018 21:40, Rod Speed wrote:

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 20/12/2018 18:03, Rod Speed wrote:

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
[...]

But as I said, I don't have a model number, it has fallen off. And
Google searches can, in fact, find usenet posts.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"newshound" wrote in message
On 21/12/2018 18:12, Rod Speed wrote:

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 20/12/2018 21:40, Rod Speed wrote:

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 20/12/2018 18:03, Rod Speed wrote:

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
[...]

Yeah, thats what I meant, not as useful when you dont have that.

And Google searches can, in fact, find usenet posts.

But generally dont see them on the first page. The youtubes generally
are on the first page even with just the brand and the fault.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 10:13:02 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Yeah, that¢s what I meant

No one should really give a **** what you mean, senile idiot!

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder