Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Copper tank for electric immersion and Rayburn and Navitron Solars

My hot water tank leaks:
rather than replace it with a similar
maybe I should upgrade so that it works with some Navitron Solar panels
but how?

I have an electric immersion in the top,
hot water out at the top,
cold water in at the bottom,
and 2 pipes to and from the rayburn.

A few years ago I bought some Navitron solar tubes which I havent fitted yet.
something like these:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/202432768600
and
https://www.navitron.org.uk/store/so...ed-tube-panels

I haven't managed to get onto the Navitron forums so thought i'd ask here.

Would i need a cylinder with 6 pipes, or how is it done?

George

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 16 December 2018 19:08:40 UTC, George Miles wrote:

My hot water tank leaks:
rather than replace it with a similar
maybe I should upgrade so that it works with some Navitron Solar panels
but how?

I have an electric immersion in the top,
hot water out at the top,
cold water in at the bottom,
and 2 pipes to and from the rayburn.

A few years ago I bought some Navitron solar tubes which I havent fitted yet.
something like these:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/202432768600
and
https://www.navitron.org.uk/store/so...ed-tube-panels

I haven't managed to get onto the Navitron forums so thought i'd ask here.

Would i need a cylinder with 6 pipes, or how is it done?

George

Just retrofit a sidewinder heat exchanger near the bottom of the tank. Simples. Or leave it until solar day to do that.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 16 December 2018 19:08:40 UTC, George Miles wrote:
My hot water tank leaks:
rather than replace it with a similar
maybe I should upgrade so that it works with some Navitron Solar panels
but how?

I have an electric immersion in the top,
hot water out at the top,
cold water in at the bottom,
and 2 pipes to and from the rayburn.

A few years ago I bought some Navitron solar tubes which I havent fitted yet.
something like these:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/202432768600
and
https://www.navitron.org.uk/store/so...ed-tube-panels

I haven't managed to get onto the Navitron forums so thought i'd ask here.

Would i need a cylinder with 6 pipes, or how is it done?

George

You need a tank with two heat exchangers.
Your existing tank has just the one.
Which means a new "solar"tank or retro-fitting another heat exchanger.

https://sunearthinc.com/solar-tanks/

https://homeguides.sfgate.com/add-so...ter-43767.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 17 December 2018 17:56:31 UTC, George Miles wrote:
I've bought a new cylinder, and started a new thread for advice on what to do with the second coil can i leave it disconnected for a few months?

you can leave it disconnected forever.

NT