Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where to find this shower curtain rail fixing?

I need to find replacements for this shower rail fixing:

https://www.ducksburg.com/diy/shower-rail-fixing.jpg

Two screws hold the plate to the wall, then the cyclinder slides into
place & screws onto a threaded protusion on the plate. The one on the
other end has fallen apart & I've put a temporary fix up. I've tried
googling for combinations of the words shower, curtain, rail, fixing,
& not been able to find this one, but I'm pretty sure it used to be
fairly common. Any ideas where I can find replacements (I'd prefer
not to have to drill new holes in the tiles & fill old ones) or
exactly what this thing is called?

Thanks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/11/2018 11:45, Adam Funk wrote:
I need to find replacements for this shower rail fixing:

https://www.ducksburg.com/diy/shower-rail-fixing.jpg

Two screws hold the plate to the wall, then the cyclinder slides into
place & screws onto a threaded protusion on the plate. The one on the
other end has fallen apart & I've put a temporary fix up. I've tried
googling for combinations of the words shower, curtain, rail, fixing,
& not been able to find this one, but I'm pretty sure it used to be
fairly common. Any ideas where I can find replacements (I'd prefer
not to have to drill new holes in the tiles & fill old ones) or
exactly what this thing is called?

it isn't a shower curtain rail fixing, just an ordinary pole/rail/
wardrobe fitting.

TW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/11/2018 12:22, TimW wrote:
On 20/11/2018 11:45, Adam Funk wrote:
I need to find replacements for this shower rail fixing:

https://www.ducksburg.com/diy/shower-rail-fixing.jpg

Two screws hold the plate to the wall, then the cyclinder slides into
place & screws onto a threaded protusion on the plate.Â* The one on the
other end has fallen apart & I've put a temporary fix up.Â* I've tried
googling for combinations of the words shower, curtain, rail, fixing,
& not been able to find this one, but I'm pretty sure it used to be
fairly common.Â* Any ideas where I can find replacements (I'd prefer
not to have to drill new holes in the tiles & fill old ones) or
exactly what this thing is called?

it isn't a shower curtain rail fixing, just an ordinary pole/rail/
wardrobe fitting.

https://goo.gl/images/vU41ce
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2018-11-20, TimW wrote:

On 20/11/2018 12:22, TimW wrote:
On 20/11/2018 11:45, Adam Funk wrote:
I need to find replacements for this shower rail fixing:

https://www.ducksburg.com/diy/shower-rail-fixing.jpg

Two screws hold the plate to the wall, then the cyclinder slides into
place & screws onto a threaded protusion on the plate.Â* The one on the
other end has fallen apart & I've put a temporary fix up.Â* I've tried
googling for combinations of the words shower, curtain, rail, fixing,
& not been able to find this one, but I'm pretty sure it used to be
fairly common.Â* Any ideas where I can find replacements (I'd prefer
not to have to drill new holes in the tiles & fill old ones) or
exactly what this thing is called?

it isn't a shower curtain rail fixing, just an ordinary pole/rail/
wardrobe fitting.

https://goo.gl/images/vU41ce

Yup, thanks everyone.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/11/2018 11:45, Adam Funk wrote:
I need to find replacements for this shower rail fixing:

https://www.ducksburg.com/diy/shower-rail-fixing.jpg

Two screws hold the plate to the wall, then the cyclinder slides into
place & screws onto a threaded protusion on the plate. The one on the
other end has fallen apart & I've put a temporary fix up. I've tried
googling for combinations of the words shower, curtain, rail, fixing,
& not been able to find this one, but I'm pretty sure it used to be
fairly common. Any ideas where I can find replacements (I'd prefer
not to have to drill new holes in the tiles & fill old ones) or
exactly what this thing is called?

Thanks.

Bodge a wardrobe rail fixing?
https://www.screwfix.com/search?search=rdrobe+rail

What is the diameter of the tube?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2018-11-20, alan_m wrote:

On 20/11/2018 11:45, Adam Funk wrote:
I need to find replacements for this shower rail fixing:

https://www.ducksburg.com/diy/shower-rail-fixing.jpg

Two screws hold the plate to the wall, then the cyclinder slides into
place & screws onto a threaded protusion on the plate. The one on the
other end has fallen apart & I've put a temporary fix up. I've tried
googling for combinations of the words shower, curtain, rail, fixing,
& not been able to find this one, but I'm pretty sure it used to be
fairly common. Any ideas where I can find replacements (I'd prefer
not to have to drill new holes in the tiles & fill old ones) or
exactly what this thing is called?

Thanks.

Bodge a wardrobe rail fixing?
https://www.screwfix.com/search?search=rdrobe+rail

What is the diameter of the tube?

Doh, it is a wardrobe rail fixing! No need to bodge anything, just
look for the right part instead of what I'm (mis)using it as.

25 mm, BTW.

Curtain rail fixing Mark[_24_] UK diy 38 May 12th 18 09:03 PM
fixing curtain rail in bay window andrew UK diy 3 July 26th 10 11:30 PM
Shower curtain rail rusting F UK diy 8 October 25th 07 01:52 PM
Shower curtain rail height F UK diy 4 February 19th 06 12:30 PM
Shower Curtain rail for Corner Bath.. Please help. Rune Langtind UK diy 7 March 2nd 04 10:02 AM