Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Night storage radiators

We have 4 night storage radiators in our flat. Ihave disconnected one of them
and disposed of it. None of the other ones now work. Any advice please

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...s-1327893-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/11/2018 02:44, Daver wrote:
We have 4 night storage radiators in our flat. Ihave disconnected one of
them
and disposed of it. None of the other ones now work. Any advice please

Don't mess.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/11/2018 02:44, Daver wrote:
We have 4 night storage radiators in our flat. Ihave disconnected one
of them and disposed of it. None of the other ones now work. Any
advice please

Two likely scenarios spring to mind. Either they were wired on a single
radial circuit, and in disconnecting the first you have also managed to
disconnect the power feed to the remaining heaters. Alternatively, the
work you did caused a short circuit, or earth fault which meant a fuse,
MCB, or RCD was tripped next time the power was applied to the circuit.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/11/2018 02:44, Daver wrote:
We have 4 night storage radiators in our flat. Ihave disconnected one of
them
and disposed of it. None of the other ones now work. Any advice please

How do you wish to heat the flat? If there is a gas supply you might be
able to have gas central heating.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 02:44:02 GMT, Daver wrote:

We have 4 night storage radiators in our flat. Ihave disconnected one of
them and disposed of it. None of the other ones now work.

How long have you waited to ascertain if the others no longer work?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/11/2018 02:44, Daver wrote:
We have 4 night storage radiators in our flat. Ihave disconnected one of
them
and disposed of it. None of the other ones now work. Any advice please

Call an electrician.

Unless you can convince us you're safe to work on this stuff.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 18 November 2018 21:20:03 UTC, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 18/11/2018 02:44, Daver wrote:

We have 4 night storage radiators in our flat. Ihave disconnected one of
them
and disposed of it. None of the other ones now work. Any advice please

Call an electrician.

Unless you can convince us you're safe to work on this stuff.

Andy

He hasn't yet told us whether they're receiving a supply or the fault is with the supply. So it's not as if we can offer much useful info.

Lurking somewhere in the background is the thought what if he has the world's only system whereby all the control is in the master unit, which has now been disposed of

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
He hasn't yet told us whether they're receiving a supply or the fault is
with the supply. So it's not as if we can offer much useful info.

It's home owners club. They don't seem to read any replies. ;-)

--
*Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot at them?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 18 November 2018 22:52:22 UTC, wrote:
Lurking somewhere in the background is the thought what if he has
the world's only system whereby all the control is in the master
unit, which has now been disposed of

Not that unlikely - Dimplex did/do panel heaters where a programmer in one controlled the others by pilot wire or mains-borne signalling.

Owain