Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 1 gang push switch dimmer for LEDs

Quick question - any recommended dimmer for a 3 LED light bar (3 * 7W
GU10)?

Push switch, 1 gang, white is fine.

If I'm going to fit it I need to source it tomorrow so the usual suspects
such as Screwix are likely sources.

I think I've ordered all my recent dimmers from TLC but time presses.

TIA

Dave R

--
Dell XPS laptop running W8.1
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:

any recommended dimmer for a 3 LED light bar

I didn't have any joy with an MK "LED specific" dimmer, it flickered
horridly, as did the replacement, have ended-up using three of these so
far, no problems ...

https://amazon.co.uk/varilight-dimmer/dp/B007OU39QQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
David wrote:

any recommended dimmer for a 3 LED light bar

I didn't have any joy with an MK "LED specific" dimmer, it flickered
horridly, as did the replacement, have ended-up using three of these so
far, no problems ...

https://amazon.co.uk/varilight-dimmer/dp/B007OU39QQ

I have one bought from TLC (so not the cheapest) said to be for LED. And
that too flickers with three GU10 LEDs. More so on full. LEDs also from
TLC and said to be dimmable.

--
*I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she left me before we met *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 10:34:18 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
David wrote:

any recommended dimmer for a 3 LED light bar

I didn't have any joy with an MK "LED specific" dimmer, it flickered
horridly, as did the replacement, have ended-up using three of these so
far, no problems ...

https://amazon.co.uk/varilight-dimmer/dp/B007OU39QQ

I have one bought from TLC (so not the cheapest) said to be for LED. And
that too flickers with three GU10 LEDs. More so on full. LEDs also from
TLC and said to be dimmable.

Ended up buying one from Screwfix and that seems to work so far.

"94816 x 1 Varilight Trailing Edge Push Dimmer 1G 1/2W 300W/VA £16.89".

Cheers

Dave R

--
Dell XPS laptop running W8.1
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
David wrote:
I have one bought from TLC (so not the cheapest) said to be for LED. And
that too flickers with three GU10 LEDs. More so on full. LEDs also from
TLC and said to be dimmable.

Ended up buying one from Screwfix and that seems to work so far.

"94816 x 1 Varilight Trailing Edge Push Dimmer 1G 1/2W 300W/VA £16.89".

Thinking back, I may have just changed the dimmer module. The original
(tungsten only) was a Knightsbridge polished chrome, and I don't think
that range includes LED versions. The module is marked BG and suitable for
LEDs. Since I needed some bits from TLC the other day I got a V-Pro
module, and that is now flicker free.

--
*No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver,purple