Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

Default End the BBC license fee

"Chris" wrote in message
news
soup wrote:
On 23/10/2018 08:37, Brian Gaff wrote:
And end the BBC?

...and that would be a problem because?

Loss of the world's best broadcaster. Which would drag all quality uk
content down due to fragmentation and chasing populist programming.

Oh, and ad breaks. ****ing ad breaks all the ****ing time.

The videos in the RSS feed all have a stupid ad at the beginning
and there are so few stupid enough to pay for an ad there that
you mostly get the same ad every ****ing time, currently OFX.
http://feeds.bbci.co.uk/news/rss.xml?edition=uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 18:40:30 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
news
soup wrote:
On 23/10/2018 08:37, Brian Gaff wrote:
And end the BBC?

...and that would be a problem because?

Loss of the world's best broadcaster. Which would drag all quality uk
content down due to fragmentation and chasing populist programming.

Oh, and ad breaks. ****ing ad breaks all the ****ing time.

The videos in the RSS feed all have a stupid ad at the beginning
and there are so few stupid enough to pay for an ad there that
you mostly get the same ad every ****ing time, currently OFX.
http://feeds.bbci.co.uk/news/rss.xml?edition=uk

Don't you have an ad blocker?
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

"Jim Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 18:40:30 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
news
soup wrote:
On 23/10/2018 08:37, Brian Gaff wrote:
And end the BBC?

...and that would be a problem because?

Loss of the world's best broadcaster. Which would drag all quality uk
content down due to fragmentation and chasing populist programming.

Oh, and ad breaks. ****ing ad breaks all the ****ing time.

The videos in the RSS feed all have a stupid ad at the beginning
and there are so few stupid enough to pay for an ad there that
you mostly get the same ad every ****ing time, currently OFX.
http://feeds.bbci.co.uk/news/rss.xml?edition=uk

Don't you have an ad blocker?

Doesn't work with those ads that precede a video segment.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
news soup wrote:
On 23/10/2018 08:37, Brian Gaff wrote:
And end the BBC?

...and that would be a problem because?

Loss of the world's best broadcaster. Which would drag all quality uk
content down due to fragmentation and chasing populist programming.

Oh, and ad breaks. ****ing ad breaks all the ****ing time.

The videos in the RSS feed all have a stupid ad at the beginning
and there are so few stupid enough to pay for an ad there that
you mostly get the same ad every ****ing time, currently OFX.
http://feeds.bbci.co.uk/news/rss.xml?edition=uk

Don't you have an ad blocker?

Doesn't work with those ads that precede a video segment.

My Youtube ad blocker manages this, so it must be possible.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
news soup wrote:
On 23/10/2018 08:37, Brian Gaff wrote:
And end the BBC?

...and that would be a problem because?

Loss of the world's best broadcaster. Which would drag all quality uk
content down due to fragmentation and chasing populist programming.

Oh, and ad breaks. ****ing ad breaks all the ****ing time.

The videos in the RSS feed all have a stupid ad at the beginning
and there are so few stupid enough to pay for an ad there that
you mostly get the same ad every ****ing time, currently OFX.
http://feeds.bbci.co.uk/news/rss.xml?edition=uk

Don't you have an ad blocker?

Doesn't work with those ads that precede a video segment.

My Youtube ad blocker manages this,

Not on those BBC videos it doesn't.

so it must be possible.

Not necessarily, the ads arent all done with the same technology.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

wrote:

"Jim Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 18:40:30 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
news soup wrote:
On 23/10/2018 08:37, Brian Gaff wrote:
And end the BBC?

...and that would be a problem because?

Loss of the world's best broadcaster. Which would drag all quality uk
content down due to fragmentation and chasing populist programming.

Oh, and ad breaks. ****ing ad breaks all the ****ing time.

The videos in the RSS feed all have a stupid ad at the beginning
and there are so few stupid enough to pay for an ad there that
you mostly get the same ad every ****ing time, currently OFX.
http://feeds.bbci.co.uk/news/rss.xml?edition=uk

Don't you have an ad blocker?

Doesn't work with those ads that precede a video segment.

My Youtube ad blocker manages this,

Not on those BBC videos it doesn't.

so it must be possible.

Not necessarily, the ads arent all done with the same technology.

Anything can be circumvented.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

Default Senile Foreskin PEELING Grik Troll Alert! GB

On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 21:48:07 +0200, The Foreskin Peeler
wrote:

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 04:40:30 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

[FLUHS Grik skata]

Watch, it anus!

Seems, [sic][SIC!!! LOL] you FOUND, another beneficiary for your,
inane banal repetitive scripted pidgin English rants, The [sic][SIC!!!
LOL] Illiterate Unibrowed Grik Foreskin PEELER innit? VGB

Go GET 'em anus! EGB

Cheers!

RJ (preferred jew aliash)
--

"You are full of ****. You'll never convince any of us real Jews that
by Negros."
- drug-****ed jew wannabe Y-chi Netfish, mocking neo-jew Suzy KKKohen's
attempted 'conversion' to the jew race

- neo-jew 'convert' Suzy KKKohen, mocking drug-****ed jew wannabe Y-chi Netfish's
claim to be a jew
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

news

wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
news soup wrote:
[...]

You wont be about to circumvent the security on my iphone.
Even the FBI couldn't work out how to do that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

wrote:

"Jim Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 19:42:42 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
news soup wrote:
[...]

Are you sure?

https://arstechnica.com/information-...values-of-any/
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

o.uk...

wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
news soup wrote:
[...]

Yep.

https://arstechnica.com/information-...values-of-any/

Not anymore. That exploit was closed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 00:19:27 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"JoeJoe" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 23/10/2018 23:10, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jym Wulkinson Kunife" wrote in message
news On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 22:28:43 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
news soup wrote:
[...]

Until another is opened. It will never end.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
news soup wrote:
[...]

Did the FBI not require Apple to unlock them? I find it hard to believe they didn't just threaten to kill the CEO.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

"Jym Wulkinson Kunife" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 00:19:27 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

o.uk...

wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
news soup wrote:
[...]

Until another is opened.

They don't get opened, they happen.

It will never end.

Wrong, as always.

No one has circumvented the security on my net banking either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
news soup wrote:
[...]

They tried to get the court to force Apple to do that,
but Apple kept telling the courts that they couldn't
do that even if they wanted to. Then the FBI got a
third party to do it, but that was only possible on a
well obsolete iphone and wasn't possible on current
ones with the secure enclave and security zone.

I find it hard to believe they didn't just threaten to kill the CEO.

Pointless, even the CEO couldn't have circumvented the security.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

Default Senile Foreskin Peeling Grik Troll Alert! VGB

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 01:31:56 +0200, The Foreskin Peeler
wrote:

[FLUHS Grik skata]

Watch, it anus!

01:31:56 anus?

SERIOUSLY anus?

Did you, SKIP your nightly GREEKING just to make an inane banal
repetitive scripted pidgin English follow up to someone who DARED to
reply to Mr McCaw aka Jimmy Wilkinson Sword???

HILARIOUS anus!

A life, you should get anus!

LOLOK!
--

"You are full of ****. You'll never convince any of us real Jews that
by Negros."
- drug-****ed jew wannabe Y-chi Netfish, mocking neo-jew Suzy KKKohen's
attempted 'conversion' to the jew race

- neo-jew 'convert' Suzy KKKohen, mocking drug-****ed jew wannabe Y-chi Netfish's
claim to be a jew

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 24 October 2018 01:03:07 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"Jym Wulkinson Kunife" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 23:10:57 +0100, Rod Speed

You wont be about to circumvent the security on my iphone.
Even the FBI couldn't work out how to do that.

Did the FBI not require Apple to unlock them?

They tried to get the court to force Apple to do that,
but Apple kept telling the courts that they couldn't
do that even if they wanted to. Then the FBI got a
third party to do it, but that was only possible on a
well obsolete iphone and wasn't possible on current
ones with the secure enclave and security zone.

that was the public story anyway. It might have been a charade.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Wednesday, 24 October 2018 01:03:07 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"Jym Wulkinson Kunife" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 23:10:57 +0100, Rod Speed

You wont be about to circumvent the security on my iphone.
Even the FBI couldn't work out how to do that.

Did the FBI not require Apple to unlock them?

They tried to get the court to force Apple to do that,
but Apple kept telling the courts that they couldn't
do that even if they wanted to. Then the FBI got a
third party to do it, but that was only possible on a
well obsolete iphone and wasn't possible on current
ones with the secure enclave and security zone.

that was the public story anyway. It might have been a charade.

No possibility of that. The FBI isnt going to look that stupid
deliberately. Because it was an obsolete iphone, and a work
phone, which hadn't been updated iOS wise, they did
eventually get access to the phone via that third party
exploit that didnt work on current phones and found
nothing of any value on that phone. Embarrassing for the FBI.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 14:06:25 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

that was the public story anyway. It might have been a charade.

No possibility of that.

LOL The "auto-contradictor" struck, AGAIN!

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
news soup wrote:
[...]

Then I'm surprised the FBI haven't banned future iphones from having security that cannot be unlocked by the nosy government.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 02:40:57 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Although Mr Speed clearly knows better (...), the key word here is
Cellebrite. I can assure you that they can still do today what they did
then (with all iPhone ALL models).

No they can not.

LOL And the pathological senile "auto-contradictor" struck again!

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

news

wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
news soup wrote:
[...]

They did try to force phone manufacturers to provide a back door
that they could use to snoop on the phone contents but Tim Cook
told them to go and **** themselves and so far Congress hasn't
chosen to make Apple do that.

Congress did try that with the encryption standard but its trivial to
drive a full aircraft carrier battle group thru that terminal stupidity.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

wrote:

"Jym Wulkinson Kunife" wrote in message
news On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 23:10:57 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
news soup wrote:
[...]

How strange, I thought governments, especially the US one, always got their own way.

Congress did try that with the encryption standard but its trivial to
drive a full aircraft carrier battle group thru that terminal stupidity.

Er what?
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

news

wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
news soup wrote:
[...]

Nope, that's just another urban myth.

Congress did try that with the encryption standard but its trivial to
drive a full aircraft carrier battle group thru that terminal stupidity.

Er what?

The DES encryption standard was always limited by US law to make it easier
to crack.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

wrote:

"Gym Sulkinson Fork" wrote in message
news On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 01:02:56 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
news soup wrote:
[...]

It's true in the UK. I forget the name of the system, but all UK ISPs were forced to install monitoring software so the government can spy on us, it's like Russia. In fact maybe I shouldn't mention the name incase they spot me using it....

Congress did try that with the encryption standard but its trivial to
drive a full aircraft carrier battle group thru that terminal stupidity.

Er what?

The DES encryption standard was always limited by US law to make it easier
to crack.

So Apple made a stronger one and were allowed to?
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
news soup wrote:
[...]

It's true in the UK.

Nope.

I forget the name of the system, but all UK ISPs were forced to install
monitoring software so the government can spy on us,

But not to allow access to what is on their phones.

it's like Russia.

Nothing like in fact.

In fact maybe I shouldn't mention the name incase they spot me using
it....

They are already watching loonys like you.

Congress did try that with the encryption standard but its trivial to
drive a full aircraft carrier battle group thru that terminal
stupidity.

Er what?

The DES encryption standard was always limited by US law to make it
easier
to crack.

So Apple made a stronger one

Yes. And its about a lot more than just the encryption standard used too.

Apple doesn't even use the same key for all encrypted files,
so you can't even just brute force the key by knowing one
of the files that will be on the phone and when you find
that one, use the key to get access to the other files.

and were allowed to?

The only thing that was legally required was the size
of the key with that particular encryption standard.