Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

Default End the BBC license fee

"soup" wrote in message
On 23/10/2018 08:37, Brian Gaff wrote:
And end the BBC?

...and that would be a problem because?

You're very unlikely to get the best stuff like what Attenborough produced.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 18:27:44 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"soup" wrote in message
On 23/10/2018 08:37, Brian Gaff wrote:
And end the BBC?

...and that would be a problem because?

You're very unlikely to get the best stuff like what Attenborough produced.

Whatever the quality, there should always be the freedom of choice, to pay for whatever channels you prefer. If you like the BBC, get a license fee and watch the BBC. If you prefer ITV, then pay for that or put up with their adverts, but you shouldn't be paying one company to use another, that's THEFT. The BBC is stealing money from Sky/ITV/etc.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

wrote:

"soup" wrote in message
On 23/10/2018 08:37, Brian Gaff wrote:
And end the BBC?

...and that would be a problem because?

You're very unlikely to get the best stuff like what Attenborough
produced.

Whatever the quality, there should always be the freedom of choice, to
pay for whatever channels you prefer. If you like the BBC, get a license
fee and watch the BBC. If you prefer ITV, then pay for that or put up
with their adverts, but you shouldn't be paying one company to use
another, that's THEFT. The BBC is stealing money from Sky/ITV/etc.

It's a Government decision, Complain to your MP.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

wrote:

"soup" wrote in message
On 23/10/2018 08:37, Brian Gaff wrote:
And end the BBC?

...and that would be a problem because?

You're very unlikely to get the best stuff like what Attenborough
produced.

Whatever the quality, there should always be the freedom of choice, to
pay for whatever channels you prefer. If you like the BBC, get a license
fee and watch the BBC. If you prefer ITV, then pay for that or put up
with their adverts, but you shouldn't be paying one company to use
another, that's THEFT. The BBC is stealing money from Sky/ITV/etc.

It's a Government decision, Complain to your MP.

I signed the petition in my first post in this thread.
Junior Member

The fact remains that it should be a choice! Especially with how biased the BBC is in its reporting!

And of course, you would get the same type of productions made in the private sector! Many of those programmes produced at the BBC are already made elsewhere and then sold to the BBC anyway.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bob Green wrote:

The fact remains that it should be a choice! Especially with how biased
the BBC is in its reporting!

And of course, you would get the same type of productions made in the
private sector! Many of those programmes produced at the BBC are already
made elsewhere and then sold to the BBC anyway.

That's a consequnce of the present Charter under which the BBC operates. A
significant percentage of programmes have to be made outside.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
ARW ARW is offline

On 23/10/2018 18:36, charles wrote:

It's a Government decision, Complain to your MP.

My last MP was sent to jail.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

In article ,
ARW wrote:
On 23/10/2018 18:36, charles wrote:

It's a Government decision, Complain to your MP.

My last MP was sent to jail.

while he was an MP?

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile IDIOT Alert!

On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 19:29:33 +0100, Bob Green, yet another mentally
deficient troll-feeding senile idiot, blathered:

The fact remains that it should be a choice! Especially with how biased
the BBC is in its reporting!

And of course, you would get the same type of productions made in the
private sector! Many of those programmes produced at the BBC are already
made elsewhere and then sold to the BBC anyway.

The Scottish ****** and attention whore thanks you nicely for yet more
attention he received from you, senile idiot!
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On 23/10/2018 18:27, Rod Speed wrote:

"soup" wrote in message
On 23/10/2018 08:37, Brian Gaff wrote:
And end the BBC?

...and that would be a problem because?

You're very unlikely to get the best stuff like what Attenborough produced.

I believe that DA has made more programmes for Sky than the BBC in
recent years. He is also 92 years old, and nobody lives forever
(although I hope he does).
Then they will be left with the 9th repeat of some house
renovation/bargain hunting/etc to show. Oh, and Gary Lineker seating in
a studio talking about football and showing 5 minutes of each of the
matches that finished some 5-6 hours earlier (and collecting some £1.5
million of our money for his effort).

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

"soup" wrote in message
On 23/10/2018 08:37, Brian Gaff wrote:
And end the BBC?

...and that would be a problem because?

You're very unlikely to get the best stuff like what Attenborough produced.

I believe that DA has made more programmes for Sky than the BBC in
recent years. He is also 92 years old, and nobody lives forever
(although I hope he does).

If we spent more money on medical research instead of pointless BBC programs, perhaps he could live a few more decades.

Then they will be left with the 9th repeat of some house
renovation/bargain hunting/etc to show. Oh, and Gary Lineker seating in
a studio talking about football and showing 5 minutes of each of the
matches that finished some 5-6 hours earlier (and collecting some £1..5
million of our money for his effort).

To me, I see about the same quality on all channels. The exception is I can CHOOSE to pay for Sky etc. But the BBC steals money from those who decide they don't want it.

Even if you think the BBC has better programs, that's only because they have more (stolen) money available to make them!!
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

o.uk...

"soup" wrote in message
On 23/10/2018 08:37, Brian Gaff wrote:
And end the BBC?

...and that would be a problem because?

You're very unlikely to get the best stuff like what Attenborough
produced.

I believe that DA has made more programmes for Sky than the BBC in recent
years.

But he wouldnt have got started at all if there had been no BBC.

He is also 92 years old, and nobody lives forever (although I hope he
does).
Then they will be left with the 9th repeat of some house
renovation/bargain hunting/etc to show. Oh, and Gary Lineker seating in a
studio talking about football and showing 5 minutes of each of the matches
that finished some 5-6 hours earlier (and collecting some £1.5 million of
our money for his effort).

Horizon sometimes has something worth watching.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

o.uk...

"soup" wrote in message
On 23/10/2018 08:37, Brian Gaff wrote:
And end the BBC?

...and that would be a problem because?

You're very unlikely to get the best stuff like what Attenborough
produced.

I believe that DA has made more programmes for Sky than the BBC in recent
years.

But he wouldnt have got started at all if there had been no BBC.

He is also 92 years old, and nobody lives forever (although I hope he
does).
Then they will be left with the 9th repeat of some house
renovation/bargain hunting/etc to show. Oh, and Gary Lineker seating in a
studio talking about football and showing 5 minutes of each of the
matches that finished some 5-6 hours earlier (and collecting some £1.5
million of our money for his effort).

Horizon sometimes has something worth watching.

And this was certainly worth listening to
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06pnd71