Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 12gb for a year???

got this card today.....I doubt if the 12gb will last a year as I was lead
to believe....can't
understand the copy seems to say it will but when you call 444 and check my
3 it says it
expires in 30 days...what do you think ? ... I asked the seller to activate
the 12 gab data he activated it on Sunday 21st before he sent it....the
sellers English doesn't appear to be good ....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Three-3-P...53.m2749.l2649

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
got this card today.....I doubt if the 12gb will last a year as I was lead
to believe....can't
understand the copy seems to say it will but when you call 444 and check
my 3 it says it
expires in 30 days...what do you think ? ... I asked the seller to
activate the 12 gab data he activated it on Sunday 21st before he sent
it....the sellers English doesn't appear to be good ....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Three-3-P...53.m2749.l2649

Is this the same card?....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/product-rev...owViewpoints=1

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
got this card today.....I doubt if the 12gb will last a year as I was lead
to believe....can't
understand the copy seems to say it will but when you call 444 and check my
3 it says it
expires in 30 days...what do you think ? ... I asked the seller to activate
the 12 gab data he activated it on Sunday 21st before he sent it....the
sellers English doesn't appear to be good ....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Three-3-P...53.m2749.l2649

What made you think it was a 12 month sim? Quite clearly states it's 30
days.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Chris" wrote in message
news
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
got this card today.....I doubt if the 12gb will last a year as I was
lead
to believe....can't
understand the copy seems to say it will but when you call 444 and check
my
3 it says it
expires in 30 days...what do you think ? ... I asked the seller to
activate
the 12 gab data he activated it on Sunday 21st before he sent it....the
sellers English doesn't appear to be good ....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Three-3-P...53.m2749.l2649

What made you think it was a 12 month sim? Quite clearly states it's 30
days.

this....
Product details
Product Information
This Three UK 4G data SIM card comes with 12GB preloaded data that
lasts for a year.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
got this card today.....I doubt if the 12gb will last a year as I was lead
to believe....can't
understand the copy seems to say it will but when you call 444 and check my
3 it says it
expires in 30 days...what do you think ? ... I asked the seller to activate
the 12 gab data he activated it on Sunday 21st before he sent it....the
sellers English doesn't appear to be good ....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Three-3-P...53.m2749.l2649

What made you think it was a 12 month sim? Quite clearly states it's 30
days.

It says preloaded data that lasts for a year, seems a bit
misleading,must mean that you can keep it in a cupboard for a year but
you can activate it at any time during the year and then you get a month????
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"FMurtz" wrote in message
Chris wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
[...]

hope not stuck it in today

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 23 October 2018 15:48:47 UTC+1, FMurtz wrote:
Chris wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
got this card today.....I doubt if the 12gb will last a year as I was lead
to believe....can't
understand the copy seems to say it will but when you call 444 and check my
3 it says it
expires in 30 days...what do you think ? ... I asked the seller to activate
the 12 gab data he activated it on Sunday 21st before he sent it....the
sellers English doesn't appear to be good ....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Three-3-P...53.m2749.l2649

What made you think it was a 12 month sim? Quite clearly states it's 30
days.

It says preloaded data that lasts for a year, seems a bit
misleading,must mean that you can keep it in a cupboard for a year but
you can activate it at any time during the year and then you get a month????

No as it says it gets activated when they recieve your order and it takes 2 days to despatch so you can lose 2 days before you even recieve it.

And people wonder why we don;t like eBay for ordering student stuff.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
[...]

two days out of 365 big deal ....mine is pre activated...saves a lot of
trouble.....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
And people wonder why we don;t like eBay for ordering student stuff.

Perish the thought you should be careful with taxpayer's money.

--
*Not all men are annoying. Some are dead.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
got this card today.....I doubt if the 12gb will last a year as I was
lead
to believe....can't
understand the copy seems to say it will but when you call 444 and
check my
3 it says it
expires in 30 days...what do you think ? ... I asked the seller to
activate
the 12 gab data he activated it on Sunday 21st before he sent
it....the
sellers English doesn't appear to be good ....

Go online and see what your MyThree control panel says. I think that
like the description URL below this SIM has a 12GB data and 30 day timeout.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Three-3-P...53.m2749.l2649

What made you think it was a 12 month sim? Quite clearly states it's 30
days.

It says preloaded data that lasts for a year, seems a bit
misleading,must mean that you can keep it in a cupboard for a year but
you can activate it at any time during the year and then you get a
month????

The genuine article from Three is 12GB/12 months but there are loads and
loads of confusing PAYG variants these days. Last time I looked EE was
marginally more data for less money but a more fiddly initialisation.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Three-Mobil...dp/B01M3VJ2B2/

There is now a 24GB for 2 years deal too.

No as it says it gets activated when they recieve your order and it takes
2 days to despatch so you can lose 2 days before you even recieve it.

And people wonder why we don;t like eBay for ordering student stuff.

two days out of 365 big deal ....mine is pre activated...saves a lot of
trouble.....

They don't keep once they have been activated. I use the 12GB/year Three
SIMs as backup (and the 3GB/3month ones too). Buying them when they are
on special offer and then burning them up when I need more mobile data
than my contract allows. They are available from Amazon and eBay in a
confusing number of PAYG styles and preloaded data/expiry period so you
do have to be very careful what you buy and read the small print.

The one you have bought looks to be a 12GB data 30day deal PAYG SIM.

"Preloaded with 12GB of Data

3000 MINS & 3000 TEXT
PACKAGE
WILL LAST 30 DAYS
YOU CAN THEN TOPUP AGAIN
TO GET NEW PACKAGE"

They have become a fair bit cheaper recently.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave explained :
No as it says it gets activated when they recieve your order and it takes 2
days to despatch so you can lose 2 days before you even recieve it.

It makes no sense to me, I have had a few Three sims of 1 to 4 Gb and
they did not need 'activating' before despatch. So far as I am aware,
they last until activated and I have kept them in a drawer 18 months
unactivated - they have been fine.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/10/18 17:48, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
whisky-dave explained :
No as it says it gets activated when they recieve your order and it
takes 2 days to despatch so you can lose 2 days before you even
recieve it.

It makes no sense to me, I have had a few Three sims of 1 to 4 Gb and
they did not need 'activating' before despatch. So far as I am aware,
they last until activated and I have kept them in a drawer 18 months
unactivated - they have been fine.

If it just data you need, you can get SIMs which don't activate until
first use. 12G / 12mth for typically £28- on Ebay.

--

Smile for the camera ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxyL2_38EsQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay explained on 23/10/2018 :
If it just data you need, you can get SIMs which don't activate until first
use. 12G / 12mth for typically £28- on Ebay.

I would not use that amount of data in the 12months, so the 1 or 4 Gb
/month are a much cheaper option. I just keep a few in the caravan
ready to use as needed.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/10/2018 18:12, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Brian Reay explained on 23/10/2018 :
If it just data you need, you can get SIMs which don't activate until
first use. 12G / 12mth for typically £28- on Ebay.

I would not use that amount of data in the 12months, so the 1 or 4 Gb
/month are a much cheaper option. I just keep a few in the caravan ready
to use as needed.

These days it is usually cheaper and easier to tether your smartphone to
provide a Wifi link to the internet. Assuming you have a contract that
permits it. I only burn a PAYG data SIM when I run out of contract data.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
got this card today.....I doubt if the 12gb will last a year as I was lead
to believe....can't
understand the copy seems to say it will but when you call 444 and check
my 3 it says it
expires in 30 days...what do you think ? ... I asked the seller to
activate the 12 gab data he activated it on Sunday 21st before he sent
it....the sellers English doesn't appear to be good ....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Three-3-P...53.m2749.l2649

They mean that you get unlimited calls and texts for 30 days and
you then need to pay for another 30 days etc. But that the 12GB
of data rolls over and lasts for a year.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
got this card today.....I doubt if the 12gb will last a year as I was
lead to believe....can't
understand the copy seems to say it will but when you call 444 and check
my 3 it says it
expires in 30 days...what do you think ? ... I asked the seller to
activate the 12 gab data he activated it on Sunday 21st before he sent
it....the sellers English doesn't appear to be good ....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Three-3-P...53.m2749.l2649

They mean that you get unlimited calls and texts for 30 days and
you then need to pay for another 30 days etc. But that the 12GB
of data rolls over and lasts for a year.

feck I hope not but that was my suspicions .....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

fOn Wed, 24 Oct 2018 05:52:22 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

They mean that you get unlimited calls and texts for 30 days and
you then need to pay for another 30 days etc. But that the 12GB
of data rolls over and lasts for a year.

Are you sure, senile Rot? Senilely sure. again? BG

little ignorant ****."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 23 October 2018 16:54:43 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
And people wonder why we don;t like eBay for ordering student stuff.

Perish the thought you should be careful with taxpayer's money.

I am, I've said we should buy our ribbon cable from a suplier in china that supplies ready mad lead for 46p free psotage from china , everywhere else seems to be charging £3-£4 or more as we get through about 30 each term....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
[...]

It's not out of 365 it's out of 30, if yuo read it it tells you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
[...]

I already have, from the link.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Three-3-P...53.m2749.l2649

Unlimited Calls + Unlimited Texts + 12GB Data
For A Month...

I assume a month is 30 days rather than 365.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield Wrote in message:
whisky-dave explained :
No as it says it gets activated when they recieve your order and it takes 2
days to despatch so you can lose 2 days before you even recieve it.

It makes no sense to me, I have had a few Three sims of 1 to 4 Gb and
they did not need 'activating' before despatch. So far as I am aware,
they last until activated and I have kept them in a drawer 18 months
unactivated - they have been fine.

Why do you need all these new mobile phone numbers?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim K" wrote in message
Harry Bloomfield Wrote in message:
whisky-dave explained :
No as it says it gets activated when they recieve your order and it
takes 2
days to despatch so you can lose 2 days before you even recieve it.

It makes no sense to me, I have had a few Three sims of 1 to 4 Gb and
they did not need 'activating' before despatch. So far as I am aware,
they last until activated and I have kept them in a drawer 18 months
unactivated - they have been fine.

Why do you need all these new mobile phone numbers?

I just need the data .....