Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q leyland paint

Nine tenths of the way through a painting job I ran out of paint so a
quick trip to B&Q 5 minutes away and I returned with a 10l plastic tub
of Leyland white silk emulsion (£16)

I don't know how long that they have had the stock but the plastic lid
was so brittle that it was impossible to remove without it breaking! As
soon as any slight pressure was applied to remove the lid from the tub
it split and bits fell off.

I still had a 10L finished tub where the lid was still flexible.
Unfortunately this older lid was approx 5mm smaller in diameter so I had
to decant the new paint to the old tub.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/10/2018 17:12, alan_m wrote:

Nine tenths of the way through a painting job I ran out of paint so a
quick trip to B&Q 5 minutes away and I returned with a 10l plastic tub
of Leyland white silk emulsion (£16)

I don't know how long that they have had the stock but the plastic lid
was so brittle that it was impossible to remove without it breaking! As
soon as any slight pressure was applied to remove the lid from the tub
it split and bits fell off.

I still had a 10L finished tub where the lid was still flexible.
Unfortunately this older lid was approx 5mm smaller in diameter so I had
to decant the new paint to the old tub.

Is there a batch number? I might ask Leyland the age and provide them
with the symptoms.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/10/2018 09:41, Fredxx wrote:
On 21/10/2018 17:12, alan_m wrote:

Nine tenths of the way through a painting job I ran out of paint so a
quick trip to B&Q 5 minutes away and I returned with a 10l plastic tub
of Leyland white silk emulsion (£16)

I don't know how long that they have had the stock but the plastic lid
was so brittle that it was impossible to remove without it breaking!
As soon as any slight pressure was applied to remove the lid from the
tub it split and bits fell off.

I still had a 10L finished tub where the lid was still flexible.
Unfortunately this older lid was approx 5mm smaller in diameter so I
had to decant the new paint to the old tub.

Is there a batch number? I might ask Leyland the age and provide them
with the symptoms.

Brilliant White Silk Emulsion 10L
FN9893317
M17098

The paint was OK just the lid om the container was a PITA