Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to cook rice

Hello My names Ian Jackson and I cannot cook rice as I am to thick.
I buy it frozen from Waitrose

Please can you Help

Ian Jackson

Brattle House
Manor Road
Sear Green
Bucks
HP9 2QU

Tel 01494 676841
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 11 October 2018 20:15:32 UTC+1, Pamela wrote:
Hello My names Ian Jackson and I cannot cook rice as I am to thick.
I buy it frozen from Waitrose

For best results microwave from frozen. Remove one sachet of rice from original packaging. Place directly into the microwave, ensuring the writing side of the sachet is facing up. Heat on FULL POWER and allow to stand for 1 minute before serving. Take care when opening the sachet as the contents will be very hot. Check food is piping hot. Do not reheat once cooled. All cooking appliances vary. This is a guide only. (800W: 3 1/2 minutes, 900W: 3 minutes, 1000W: 2 1/2 minutes)

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Pamela" wrote in message
On 20:15 11 Oct 2018, "Pamela" wrote in
news
Hello My names Ian Jackson and I cannot cook rice as I am to thick.
I buy it frozen from Waitrose

Please can you Help

Ian Jackson

Brattle House Manor Road Sear Green Bucks HP9 2QU

Tel 01494 676841

I hope Ian reports your forged post to the police as an example of
harrassment and incitement to others to hassle him using his address and
phone number.

Paolo, the sysop at Aioe, would hand over your IP in a trice to help
find the source of this harrassment.

Fat lot of good that is if he had enough of a clue to use a public wifi.

The internet has changed a lot in recent years
and doxing someone by posting their personal
details online is now taken much more seriously.

And yet you asked for mine, hypocrite.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Thursday, 11 October 2018 20:15:32 UTC+1, Pamela wrote:
Hello My names Ian Jackson and I cannot cook rice as I am to thick.
I buy it frozen from Waitrose

For best results microwave from frozen. Remove one
sachet of rice from original packaging. Place directly
into the microwave, ensuring the writing side of the
sachet is facing up. Heat on FULL POWER and allow
to stand for 1 minute before serving. Take care when
opening the sachet as the contents will be very hot.
Check food is piping hot. Do not reheat once cooled.
All cooking appliances vary. This is a guide only.
(800W: 3 1/2 minutes, 900W: 3 minutes, 1000W: 2 1/2 minutes)

That was the fake Pam shafting Jackson.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Pamela" wrote in message
news
Hello My names Ian Jackson and I cannot cook rice as I am to thick.
I buy it frozen from Waitrose

Please can you Help

Ian Jackson

are ther NO pavements in Englandshire ? .....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 08:21:20 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

That was the fake Pam shafting Jackson.

YOU are nym-shifting Rot from Oz, the obnoxious 85-year-old senile Ozzie
troll!

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 08:19:25 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

I hope Ian reports your forged post to the police as an example of
harrassment and incitement to others to hassle him using his address and
phone number.

Paolo, the sysop at Aioe, would hand over your IP in a trice to help
find the source of this harrassment.

Fat lot of good that is if he had enough of a clue to use a public wifi.

They will be able to find that out, senile wiseacre!

The internet has changed a lot in recent years
and doxing someone by posting their personal
details online is now taken much more seriously.

And yet you asked for mine, hypocrite.

So what? You are just a filthy obnoxious troll, Rot!

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I find it a little odd that there are moans in this thread and every one of
them quotes the offending post with its supposed personal details.
Everyone says this is something new, it most certainly is not. It happened
to me back in the 1990s. There are unfortunately idiots about and always
have been. It is not as much of a problem having your details put up as you
might think. After all most of the info is in the voters lists or public
available in any case. What is probably most annoying is that somebody
bothers to post such things and try to suggest falsehoods.
However many posts can today be traced back much better than back in the
early days when most idiots who posted untruths used a Norwegian post
annonymising server which was not keeping records.

I guess being childish is never going to change at all, so just don your
fireproof undies and life will go on.
I fully realise by responding to this thread I am probably going to be a
target, but I'd rather any new folk realise that its not a new issue and not
as serious as you might think, than get all bitter and twisted over it all.
Now back to the rough and tumble of Usenet.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

yes I keep nothing a secret and I am suspicious of those that do ....and if
you have a smartphone your every movement is logged ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd_lhqi2NcA

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I don't but Androids are the worst. I mean somebody was walking in the
country a few weeks ago when an alert popped up about an eatery about a
third of a mile away.
Brian

--
----- --

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
yes I keep nothing a secret and I am suspicious of those that do ....and
if you have a smartphone your every movement is logged ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd_lhqi2NcA

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Actually, legal spoofing is often used to make emails from groups with
political agendas seem like they come from famous people as well. As in...
From: Sir Patrick Stewart - People's Vote
To: Brian Gaff
Subject: Join me to demand a People's Vote. Together, we can make it so

Not very original is it? But hey everyone has an angle!
That is another thing Keep plenty of free throw away email addresses.
Then you can see where the harvesters have been most active.
Brian

--
----- --

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
yes I keep nothing a secret and I am suspicious of those that do ....and
if you have a smartphone your every movement is logged ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd_lhqi2NcA

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote

yes I keep nothing a secret and I am suspicious of those that do ....
and if you have a smartphone your every movement is logged ...

Mine isn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd_lhqi2NcA

Just because some fool claims something....

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 19:34:39 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote

yes I keep nothing a secret and I am suspicious of those that do ....
and if you have a smartphone your every movement is logged ...

Mine isn't.

Just because you senile fool claim so....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd_lhqi2NcA

Just because some fool claims something....

That's EXACTLY the constant big problem with YOU, senile fool! BG

--
pamela about Rot Speed:
"His off the cuff expertise demonstrates how little he knows..."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

news
On 11/10/18 20:44, wrote:
On Thursday, 11 October 2018 20:15:32 UTC+1, Pamela wrote:
Hello My names Ian Jackson and I cannot cook rice as I am to thick.
I buy it frozen from Waitrose

For best results microwave from frozen. Remove one sachet of rice from
original packaging. Place directly into the microwave, ensuring the
writing side of the sachet is facing up. Heat on FULL POWER and allow to
stand for 1 minute before serving. Take care when opening the sachet as
the contents will be very hot. Check food is piping hot. Do not reheat
once cooled. All cooking appliances vary. This is a guide only. (800W: 3
1/2 minutes, 900W: 3 minutes, 1000W: 2 1/2 minutes)

Owain

Easy way to cook rice from raw.

It is indeed.

Take one measure of rice, by volume, and add two measures of water, by
volume.

I do it by weight, 30g of rice, 120g of water

Add salt and butter to taste

I dont add these.

and microwave at full power for 4 minutes, till boiling, and then at low
power for 12 minutes.

I do 2 mins on full and 10 mins on med-low, covered.
I do it in a big square rigid melamine container with lid
and have that on a medium sized Corelle plate which
catches the inevitable small amount of much from
when the rice is boiling. Saves washing the much
bigger glass rotating plate in the base of the microwave.

When its a curry, add that after the rice is done and
eat it from the square melamine thing with a splayd.

Perfect rice esp. basmati.

Yeah, bit fiddly getting the amount of rice and
water right initially but then its perfect every time.

For far eastern rice, use jasmine rice and add cremed cocunus instead of
part of the water.

Never tried that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 13 Oct 2018 05:54:17 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH senile troll ****

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/10/2018 20:42, Pamela wrote:
On 20:15 11 Oct 2018, "Pamela" wrote in
news
Hello My names Ian Jackson and I cannot cook rice as I am to thick.
I buy it frozen from Waitrose

Please can you Help

Ian Jackson

Brattle House Manor Road Sear Green Bucks HP9 2QU

Tel 01494 676841

I hope Ian reports your forged post to the police as an example of
harrassment and incitement to others to hassle him using his address and
phone number.

Paolo, the sysop at Aioe, would hand over your IP in a trice to help
find the source of this harrassment. The internet has changed a lot in
recent years and doxing someone by posting their personal details online
is now taken much more seriously.

"too thick" ....

What is the penalty for poor grammar or spelling ?.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/10/2018 22:55, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
"Pamela" wrote in message
news
Hello My names Ian Jackson and I cannot cook rice as I am to thick.
I buy it frozen from Waitrose

Please can you Help

Ian Jackson

are ther NO pavements in Englandshire ? .....

For many drivers they are an extension of the roadway,
or somewhere to park, with hazard flashers on.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/10/18 17:19, Andrew wrote:
On 11/10/18 20:44, wrote:
On Thursday, 11 October 2018 20:15:32 UTC+1, PamelaÂ* wrote:
Hello My names Ian Jackson and I cannot cook rice as I am to thick.
I buy it frozen from Waitrose

For best results microwave from frozen. Remove one sachet of rice
from original packaging. Place directly into the microwave, ensuring
the writing side of the sachet is facing up. Heat on FULL POWER and
allow to stand for 1 minute before serving. Take care when opening
the sachet as the contents will be very hot. Check food is piping
hot. Do not reheat once cooled. All cooking appliances vary. This is
a guide only. (800W: 3 1/2 minutes, 900W: 3 minutes, 1000W: 2 1/2
minutes)

Owain

Easy way to cook rice from raw.

Take one measure of rice, by volume, and add two measures of water, by
volume. Add salt and butter to taste and microwave at full power for 4
minutes, till boiling, and then at low power for 12 minutes.

Perfect rice esp. basmati.

For far eastern rice, use jasmine rice and add cremed cocunus instead
of part of the water.

If you want horrible soggy rice, like school dinner rice-pudding then
that's how the English do it.

The correct way is to WASH the (white) rice first, then cook it.

Only if using **** rice.

--
€œIt is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of
who pay no price for being wrong.€

Thomas Sowell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 13 Oct 2018 18:43:06 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Sat, 13 Oct 2018 17:31:59 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 13/10/18 17:19, Andrew wrote:
On 11/10/18 20:44, wrote:
[...]

Would that be brown rice then?

RACIST!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew" wrote in message
news
On 11/10/18 20:44, wrote:
[...]

I never wash it first and never get soggy rice when done like that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More Heavy Trolling by Senile Nym-Shifting Rot Speed!

On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 06:50:20 +1100, samchunk, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

If you want horrible soggy rice, like school dinner rice-pudding then
that's how the English do it.

The correct way is to WASH the (white) rice first, then cook it.

I never wash it first and never get soggy rice when done like that.

ROTFLOL! And the pathological "auto-contradictor" just "struck" again! LMAO!

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 06:51:08 +1100, samchunk, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

Reheating previously cooked rice is very dangerous.

Oh bull****.

The food manufacturers who make the cook-chill stuff go to extreme lengths
to prevent any contamination during the cooking and packaging.

There is no 'contamination' that makes it very dangerous at home.

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-que...ood-poisoning/

Actually your article proved HIM right, senile idiot! Just HOW senile are
you, Rot? LMAO!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher Wrote in message:
On 13/10/18 17:19, Andrew wrote:
On 11/10/18 20:44, wrote:
[...]

Like Australians buy?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/10/18 20:50, samchunk wrote:

"Andrew" wrote in message
news
On 11/10/18 20:44, wrote:
On Thursday, 11 October 2018 20:15:32 UTC+1, PamelaÂ* wrote:
Hello My names Ian Jackson and I cannot cook rice as I am to thick.
I buy it frozen from Waitrose

For best results microwave from frozen. Remove one sachet of rice
from original packaging. Place directly into the microwave, ensuring
the writing side of the sachet is facing up. Heat on FULL POWER and
allow to stand for 1 minute before serving. Take care when opening
the sachet as the contents will be very hot. Check food is piping
hot. Do not reheat once cooled. All cooking appliances vary. This is
a guide only. (800W: 3 1/2 minutes, 900W: 3 minutes, 1000W: 2 1/2
minutes)

Owain

Easy way to cook rice from raw.

Take one measure of rice, by volume, and add two measures of water,
by volume. Add salt and butter to taste and microwave at full power
for 4 minutes, till boiling, and then at low power for 12 minutes.

Perfect rice esp. basmati.

For far eastern rice, use jasmine rice and add cremed cocunus instead
of part of the water.

If you want horrible soggy rice, like school dinner rice-pudding then
that's how the English do it.

The correct way is to WASH the (white) rice first, then cook it.

I never wash it first and never get soggy rice when done like that.

I used to wash it first, but gave up after not doing it once and finding
it exactly te same. But I generally only cook basmati.

Soggy rice is all about which rice type you use. Jasmine will make soggy
glutinous rice if there is a hint of too much water. IIRC the rice for
risotto always does. As does rice sold as 'pudding' rice. Long grain is
generaslly OK IIRC - havent cooked it in years tho.

--
Of what good are dead warriors? €¦ Warriors are those who desire battle
more than peace. Those who seek battle despite peace. Those who thump

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news
On 13/10/18 20:50, samchunk wrote:

"Andrew" wrote in message
news
On 11/10/18 20:44, wrote:
[...]

I cook most types of white rice. Dont bother with brown rice.

Soggy rice is all about which rice type you use. Jasmine will make soggy
glutinous rice if there is a hint of too much water. IIRC the rice for
risotto always does. As does rice sold as 'pudding' rice.

Can't say I have ever bothered with that rice myself,
got turned off by it and porridge when I was a kid.

Long grain is
generaslly OK IIRC - havent cooked it in years tho.

I still do and never get soggy rice.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 11:16:09 +1100, samchunk, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

I still do and never get soggy rice.

It's your brain that is all soggy, senile cretin!

--
Marland addressing bull****ting senile Rot:
"Stay in your wet paper bag you thick twit."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 11:20:31 +1100, samchunk, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

Yeah, I was in fact told that with risotto etc you
get a better result when using rice cooked the
day before and kept in the fridge for the next day.

I don¢t eat a lot of risotto so have never got
around to trying both approaches on the
same day to see if I can pick the difference.

And I have only ever got food poisoning a
couple of times, both in restraints, never
at home and I cook proper meals from
scratch most days.

Must be the reason why you keep producing so much senile **** on Usenet,
every day, senile Rot!

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 11:37:14 +1100, samchunk, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

One of the better rice dishes is fried rice - yesterdays cold rice fried
in lots of sesame seed oil with spring onions frozen peas and an egg
thrown in ...add stir fry and soy ...YUM

Yeah, I used to do that quite a bit. Must do it again.

So you can spread yet more of your senile **** on these groups, senile Rot?

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:

More Rice Cooker Failures Sylvia Else Electronics Repair 3 August 6th 05 01:10 AM
Rice cooker died Be Electronics Repair 8 May 23rd 05 06:34 PM
OT - Fundies with rice? Cliff Metalworking 3 May 1st 05 12:04 PM
OT = Rice + Bush? Cliff Metalworking 1 March 7th 05 04:49 PM
bugs in unopened bag of rice Carol S. Home Repair 27 December 5th 04 08:33 PM