Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Built-In Oven Replacement

Hi Folks,

I'm looking to replace my ageing built-in gas oven with a swish new electric
model but am not sure how the dimensions work within the existing carcass.
The dimensions of my current oven are 118.7cm x 59.5cm x 56.5cm (HxWxD)
which seems significantly larger than electric models that I've looked at.

I'm presuming that the height shouldn't be an issue as the base of the
cupboard above could be moved down if necessary(?); similarly (aside from
any clearance issues at the back) the depth probably isn't too restrictive
either but the width of the electric ovens are significantly narrower than
width of my current oven. This seems like a deal-breaker to me but is there
any way around this?

Changing the carcass isn't an option and if it helps the old oven is a Maxol
Majestic Duo.

Thanks....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/10/2018 18:36, Endulini wrote:
[...]

My Indesit electric double oven is 59.5cm wide and fits just nicely into
the 60 cm carcass aperture the same as the previous Hotpoint model.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Endulini wrote:

The dimensions of my current oven are 118.7cm x 59.5cm
x 56.5cm (HxWxD) which seems significantly larger than electric models
that I've looked at.

sounds like standard for fitting in a 600mm oven housing, you might have
to change the shelf/filler above it, but ought to be straightforward ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns Wrote in message:
Endulini wrote:

The dimensions of my current oven are 118.7cm x 59.5cm
x 56.5cm (HxWxD) which seems significantly larger than electric models
that I've looked at.

sounds like standard for fitting in a 600mm oven housing, you might have
to change the shelf/filler above it,

Below shurely unless a man of limited stature...
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris French wrote:

I clicked on four random
overns on this page and all were 59.5 cm wide.

It's a standard size to fitted 600mm wide units

The 595mm will refer to the width of the fascia at the front, they will
all be narrower behind the fascia to fit within the approx 600 minus
2x18mm interior of the housing ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Endulini" Wrote in message:
Hi Folks,

I'm looking to replace my ageing built-in gas oven with a swish new electric
model but am not sure how the dimensions work within the existing carcass.
The dimensions of my current oven are 118.7cm x 59.5cm x 56.5cm (HxWxD)
which seems significantly larger than electric models that I've looked at.

I'm presuming that the height shouldn't be an issue as the base of the
cupboard above could be moved down if necessary(?); similarly (aside from
any clearance issues at the back) the depth probably isn't too restrictive
either but the width of the electric ovens are significantly narrower than
width of my current oven. This seems like a deal-breaker to me but is there
any way around this?

Changing the carcass isn't an option and if it helps the old oven is a Maxol
Majestic Duo.

I'm not sure where you have looked, but I clicked on four random
overns on this page and all were 59.5 cm wide.

It's a standard size to fitted 600mm wide units

https://ao.com/l/electric_double_ove...0_cm_wide/1-9-
26/42-46-48/?pagesize=12
--
Chris French
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Chris French" wrote in message ...

"Endulini" Wrote in message:
[...]

Well that's not embarrassing in the slightest.......

Thanks for all the replies everyone, not quite sure where I got that from.
I'll go back to sleep.

Can I make a built-under oven into a built-in oven? yoyo42 UK diy 12 July 3rd 16 11:35 AM
built in or built under single oven? benpost UK diy 4 January 25th 08 06:37 PM
Built in gas oven NikV UK diy 27 February 11th 04 07:35 PM
Factory built home vs. traditional site built home Todd Home Ownership 10 January 9th 04 01:23 PM
Shop Built Wide belt sander vs Shop Built Drum sander....Whats easyer to make. Im no engineer. mememme Woodworking 0 August 25th 03 03:01 PM