Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Great UKIP speech from Gerrand Batten

On Tuesday, 25 September 2018 17:18:32 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 16:50:53 +0100, Tim Watts
wrote:

snip

No, not to you it doesn't because you aren't actually interested in
the well being of 'most people' over your own personal / selfish /
crusade / needs?

Actually I am.

No. You *think* you are but what you actually are is reckless and
dangerous. You are *sure* you are right and have no interest in any
decision being made (or not) by and for 'most people'.

I think the EU(SSR) is dangerous, globalist idea and will in the long
term be an extremely bad thing for all involved.

'You think'. Obviously 2/3rds didn't or presumably they would have
voted for it?

Less than a 1/3rd of the population wanted to remain surely that tells you something, although for you probably nothing.
or it could be that they did wanted to remain but were so selfish and self centred they couldn;t be bothered to get off their arse and leave their TV to go to the polling station or ask for a postal vote, are these really the sort of peolpe you want to decide the future of the UK or the EU or the world. ?

Best thing in my view to get out while we have a chance

What, we couldn't get out in say two or 10 years time? When a
supermajority might also want to (or still not)?

Are you saying there would have been another referdum or that there was one planne in the future , I was under the impression that this was the only time in our life time and perhaps in 2000 years we'd get a chance to vote on this. It was said to be a once in a lifetime vote not a vote we can have every 10 years.
The last time we voted was in 1975, I don't remmeber these additional referenduims in 1985, 1995, 2005, 2015 did you vote in them ?

Can you prove that they was another option on the ballot paper as I only saw two possible options.
I know you invented your own option and 0.1% picked that or similar option the same as the number of people that drew penises or whatever else they did on the paper to make sure their vote wasn't counted as Leave or Remain.
What sort of people do that ?

and thank
deity we did not join the Euro.

More 'luck' do you think or a good decision?

A good decision some based on soverentity while other used logic as they couldn't understand how it would work in the real world. But the original idea sounded good.
Perhaps we should have done the same to the commonwealth and insisted they use the pound, that would make sense wouldn't it.

And what is your obsession with this left/right brainer stuff?

It's not an obsession, in fact I generally only refer to it here ...

So just an obsession here.

because it seems to help me understand how 'some people' think so very
differently to others.

But that is as flawed as harrying colour/religion chart thinking.
i.e if you're muslim you believe in terrorism.
If you're really black you believe in witch doctors

In this case, how 1/3rs of the electorate from
2/3rds. 'Left brainers' are typically less empathetic than the RBD and
so it stands to reason they are less likely to care about others,
especially seeing how only a minority voted for is all to leave.

You can't run an economy on empathetic values.
And again there;s no such thing as left and right brainers.
Itls like claiming religious peole have more morals or are more moral.
It's soemthing that only the religious believe that they are superior because they are religious, you are having the same problem(s)
Similar to Harry's but not quite as stupid that's all.

Well, it's far less than 1/3rd even as I'm sure there were as many
'coin *******' on the Leave side as Remain ... but one things is
certain is that there were more racists and more activists on Leave
than Remain because it would be those 'vocal' in their crusades.

and there were more wealthy people who are relying on cheap labour that wanted us to remain importing of cheap labour so they had lower wage bills, and could manipulate employment rukles via zero hours to get the poor tax payer to pay subsidised wages to his workers.
https://www.theguardian.com/business...w-minimum-wage
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...-minimum-wage/

and these are what are considered good compainies, when you get smaller employers who take the passports of migrants away then it get even worse and then crime increases, , so we cut down on the number of police officers and the number or fraud invetigators.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...claims-welfare

In fact, Remain (and most of those who didn't vote at all for that
matter) wouldn't have called a referendum in the first place, why
would they?

Because things were going very well for them or they couldn't give a **** about the slave labour or anything else.
Jimmy savelie never wanted an enquiry, neither did rolf harris, and nothing going wrong in the film indusrty either.
Hitler never asked for a referedum on his plans either did he.

As talk of a second referendum / people vote / general election grows
nearer, I am more inclined to actually vote and vote what would bet
secure remain, not because I believe it's the better thing to do but
to complain against the disgusting, undemocratic and unethical way the
whole farce has been conducted.

Well at least that makes somne sense but what would you vote for none of the above ? Wpould yuo vote for another 10 years of austerity but who is this austeriry aimed at ?.

Cheers, T i m