Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aldi batteries compatible with DeWalt

Hi all

A friend mentioned to me that the Aldi 18v batteries on this https://www.aldi.co.uk/workzone-18v-...82854214104700 are compatible with DeWalt batteries. Has anyone tried this?

Thanks

Lee.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Wrote in message:
Hi all

A friend mentioned to me that the Aldi 18v batteries on this
https://www.aldi.co.uk/workzone-18v-...82854214104700 are compatible with DeWalt batteries. Has anyone tried this?

Thanks

Lee.

Not tried, but I'd be surprised.
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 26 September 2018 08:07:57 UTC+1, wrote:
Hi all

A friend mentioned to me that the Aldi 18v batteries on this https://www.aldi.co.uk/workzone-18v-...82854214104700 are compatible with DeWalt batteries. Has anyone tried this?

Thanks

Lee.

Let's hope that's the future, compatibility across brands. I'd certainly favour a new tool that meets such a standard over a lock-in type.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Wednesday, 26 September 2018 08:07:57 UTC+1, wrote:
Hi all

A friend mentioned to me that the Aldi 18v batteries on this
https://www.aldi.co.uk/workzone-18v-...82854214104700
are compatible with DeWalt batteries. Has anyone tried this?

Let's hope that's the future, compatibility across brands. I'd certainly
favour a new tool that meets such a standard over a lock-in type.

If you have access to a 3D printer, there are designs to convert between
batteries of different types, eg:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3005821
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2152625

(tons more on Thingiverse - I didn't go through them all to see if someone
has done the right Aldi/Workzone/Einhell to DeWalt converter)

Theo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/09/2018 11:38, wrote:
On Wednesday, 26 September 2018 08:07:57 UTC+1, wrote:
Hi all

A friend mentioned to me that the Aldi 18v batteries on this
https://www.aldi.co.uk/workzone-18v-...82854214104700 are compatible with DeWalt batteries. Has anyone tried this?

Thanks

Lee.

Let's hope that's the future, compatibility across brands. I'd certainly favour a new tool that meets such a standard over a lock-in type.

NT

Hmm, that's the sort of thing the EU used to be good at (thinking about
phone chargers)

Ducks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
newshound wrote:
Let's hope that's the future, compatibility across brands. I'd certainly favour a new tool that meets such a standard over a lock-in type.

NT

Hmm, that's the sort of thing the EU used to be good at (thinking about
phone chargers)

Although if you look at Lidl offererings, each new generation of cordless
tools seems to go up a couple of volts. We'll be back to 240, given time.
;-)

--
*The fact that no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 26 September 2018 14:10:14 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
newshound wrote:

nt:

Let's hope that's the future, compatibility across brands. I'd certainly favour a new tool that meets such a standard over a lock-in type.

NT

Hmm, that's the sort of thing the EU used to be good at (thinking about
phone chargers)

Although if you look at Lidl offererings, each new generation of cordless
tools seems to go up a couple of volts. We'll be back to 240, given time.
;-)

Yes, any standard would need a blip on the edge of the case for voltage, but at least 18v tools could mostly then be compatible with each other. Ideally the tool would also let you use a step or 2 down in voltage if it's what you have.

NT