Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pan connector gasket/seal

I'm fitting a new bog, the pan connector is at floor level and runs
under a wall, so looks like it would be a ballache to replace.

The gasket is knackered.

It's not like the current floplast ones which look as if they have a
collar that you could snap off and replace like for like, it just has a
rebate.

Am I likely to be able to get a replacement gasket or is it a fudge with
silicone situation?

TIA.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/09/2018 17:18, R D S wrote:
I'm fitting a new bog, the pan connector is at floor level and runs
under a wall, so looks like it would be a ballache to replace.

The gasket is knackered.

It's not like the current floplast ones which look as if they have a
collar that you could snap off and replace like for like, it just has a
rebate.

Am I likely to be able to get a replacement gasket or is it a fudge with
silicone situation?

Photo would help, but could you not just get a type with a rubber finned
gasket on the end, and stuff it down the inside of the existing pipe, so
it makes a seal on the inside of the pipe without needing the existing
rubber?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/09/18 19:42, John Rumm wrote:
On 19/09/2018 17:18, R D S wrote:
Am I likely to be able to get a replacement gasket or is it a fudge
with silicone situation?

Photo would help

Photo here,
For those of a queasy disposition, the bog hasn't been used for about 5
yrs, any visible detritus is of a building nature.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LiZ...ew?usp=sharing
Posted to uk.d-i-y

That looks like the standard angled pan connector as described by John. If you were to pull it in it should disconnect from the soil stack or branch into it. The only difficulty could be how far from the connector is the pipe it fits into as there are short and long versions. If there is anyway you can see how far into the wall it goes would help.

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/09/2018 17:57, Tricky Dicky wrote:
That looks like the standard angled pan connector as described by John. If you were to pull it in it should disconnect from the soil stack or branch into it. The only difficulty could be how far from the connector is the pipe it fits into as there are short and long versions. If there is anyway you can see how far into the wall it goes would help.

Yup, probably similar to:

https://mcalpineplumbing.com/wc-conn...d-wc-connector

If you get a long one, you can take the rubber off the end, cut it to
length and put the rubber back on.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/09/18 17:57, Tricky Dicky wrote:
That looks like the standard angled pan connector as described by John. If you were to pull it in it should disconnect from the soil stack or branch into it. The only difficulty could be how far from the connector is the pipe it fits into as there are short and long versions. If there is anyway you can see how far into the wall it goes would help.

Richard

Of course, it will shove into the inside of a pipe.

Cheers, i'll have a pull on it!

Door seal or gasket for door Garry UK diy 0 January 31st 12 07:04 PM
Bulb Seal/Bubble Seal/O-Seal John Whitworth[_5_] UK diy 3 July 24th 11 02:33 PM
Sink drainer seal/gasket elyob UK diy 1 July 23rd 06 03:56 PM
Pan connector variants Mark UK diy 5 August 4th 05 12:31 PM
WC pan connector help please Broadback UK diy 3 December 17th 04 07:50 PM