Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Weld for plastic?

I need to wels 2 pieces of plastic on a kirby vacuum cleaner, I am not
sure what type of plastic it is ABS or polycarbonate. I was wondering
if this would be suitable. The joint is a good fit and probably not
under pressure. Any thoughts on this or another type?
Weld On WO-611 Solvent Cement 250ml

https://www.screwfix.com/p/weld-on-w...FaqpUQodTL0Hzg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 18 Sep 2018 22:31:35 +0100, ss wrote:

I need to wels 2 pieces of plastic on a kirby vacuum cleaner, I am not
sure what type of plastic it is ABS or polycarbonate. I was wondering
if this would be suitable. The joint is a good fit and probably not
under pressure. Any thoughts on this or another type?
Weld On WO-611 Solvent Cement 250ml

https://www.screwfix.com/p/weld-on-w...FaqpUQodTL0Hzg

Google for "burn test plastic", identify the plastic, then choose a suitable
"solvent weld" glue.

Thomas Prufer
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ss wrote:
I need to wels 2 pieces of plastic on a kirby vacuum cleaner, I am not
sure what type of plastic it is ABS or polycarbonate. I was wondering
if this would be suitable. The joint is a good fit and probably not
under pressure. Any thoughts on this or another type?
Weld On WO-611 Solvent Cement 250ml

https://www.screwfix.com/p/weld-on-w...FaqpUQodTL0Hzg

This will stick ABS and PVC OK.

I doubt if the Kirby is made of polycarbonate.

However modern stuff is mostly polypropylene and that is difficult to
glue, no solvent type cement available.

--
Chris Green
·