Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What the hell are these blue things ?

On Tuesday, 18 September 2018 08:27:22 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 17/09/18 21:54, Tekkie® wrote:
Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...
On 9/15/2018 6:14 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
On 9/15/18 4:44 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

https://goo.gl/maps/VU56ryDiZJs

Looks like some sort of sewer vent system, but why so many of them ?

Circle of Light, city "art" project

Figures I spose, they are much too wide to be sewer vents.

Excerpt from
https://www.kansas.com/opinion/opn-c...le1150001.html

I have mixed feelings on that sort of thing. The cost may be huge or
trivial depending on the city budget. It is nice to have some fancy
decorative stuff, but it should be a priority behind road repair.
collapsing bridges, school supplies, and the like. A city like say,
Flint Michigan should not spend the money but put it elsewhere.

+50 and growing as my blood pressure goes up and my wallet deflates.

Well that is the logic of socialsim of course.

Not one penny spent on a church whilst one man remains poor.

And yet it was the socially funded parsons and gemtlemen of provate
means who had the time to count worms and take weather readings and
ponder life's mysteries that in te end did more to alleviate poverty
than taking their livelihoods away ever would.

Though installing some blinking lights will not achieve that.

And they did not generally do it on public funds.

NT