Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Kitchen sinks and taps

so, you fit a white ceramic or composite sink,

surely you want white taps (as I had previously), not chrome (or any other
metal finish)

Does anyone sell white taps anymore?

like bugger they do

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim..." wrote in message
news
so, you fit a white ceramic or composite sink,

surely you want white taps (as I had previously), not chrome (or any other
metal finish)

Does anyone sell white taps anymore?

like bugger they do

tim

just like the only cludgy sets are white these days...fashion

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim... wrote:
so, you fit a white ceramic or composite sink,

surely you want white taps (as I had previously), not chrome (or any other
metal finish)

Does anyone sell white taps anymore?

like bugger they do

Our friends have a white mixer tap. It hasnt aged well. Just looks grubby
now.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 17/09/2018 14:09, tim... wrote:
so, you fit a white ceramic or composite sink,

surely you want white taps (as I had previously), not chrome (or any
other metal finish)

Does anyone sell white taps anymore?

like bugger they do

tim

Googling "white kitchen taps" produces quite a lot of results. Are all
those out of stock? Admittedly, not very stylish, though.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GB" wrote in message
news
On 17/09/2018 14:09, tim... wrote:
so, you fit a white ceramic or composite sink,

surely you want white taps (as I had previously), not chrome (or any
other metal finish)

Does anyone sell white taps anymore?

like bugger they do

tim

Googling "white kitchen taps" produces quite a lot of results.

Online perhaps

I am looking for something that I can pick up from a shed

Though there could be some available in store that aren't profiled in the
kitchen catalogues.

Unfortunately, I don't have any stores that don't require me to go out of my
way to reach them, so I don't go there just to view.

Are all those out of stock? Admittedly, not very stylish, though.

not much different from what's available in chrome.

Personally I don't want a swan neck tap, but that 80-% of what Wickes offer.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim+" wrote in message
tim... wrote:
so, you fit a white ceramic or composite sink,

surely you want white taps (as I had previously), not chrome (or any
other
metal finish)

Does anyone sell white taps anymore?

like bugger they do

Our friends have a white mixer tap. It hasnt aged well. Just looks grubby
now.##

As do the chrome ones if you don't descale them - *frequently*

However hard the white ones are to keep clean, the chrome ones are 10 times
harder

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim... wrote:

GB wrote:

Googling "white kitchen taps" produces quite a lot of results.

Online perhaps
I am looking for something that I can pick up from a shed

Mono mixer do?
https://screwfix.com/p/white-tap/2348T

local branch here has stock, so it's not an order and collect tomorrow job
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/09/18 14:20, tim... wrote:

"GB" wrote in message
news
On 17/09/2018 14:09, tim... wrote:
[...]

John Lewis have a nice one:
https://www.johnlewis.com/blanco-lin...white/p3485980

Probably a little more than you expect to pay though.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Richard wrote:

tim... wrote:

I am looking for something that I can pick up

John Lewis have a nice one:
https://www.johnlewis.com/blanco-lin...white/p3485980

"Available to order"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 17 September 2018 14:52:03 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:
Richard wrote:

tim... wrote:

I am looking for something that I can pick up

John Lewis have a nice one:
https://www.johnlewis.com/blanco-lin...white/p3485980

"Available to order"

not that anyone would at that price

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Surely you need colour contrast for health and safety reasons though. How
about a black sink and yellow taps.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"tim..." wrote in message
news
so, you fit a white ceramic or composite sink,

surely you want white taps (as I had previously), not chrome (or any
other metal finish)

Does anyone sell white taps anymore?

like bugger they do

tim

just like the only cludgy sets are white these days...fashion

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 17 September 2018 14:13:45 UTC+1, Tim+ wrote:
Our friends have a white mixer tap. It hasnt aged well. Just looks grubby
now.

I discovered when washing paint-stripper off my hands that my white kitchen tap is painted.

Well, it was.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim..." Wrote in message:

"Tim+" wrote in message
tim... wrote:
so, you fit a white ceramic or composite sink,

surely you want white taps (as I had previously), not chrome (or any
other
metal finish)

Does anyone sell white taps anymore?

like bugger they do

Our friends have a white mixer tap. It hasn?t aged well. Just looks grubby
now.##

As do the chrome ones if you don't descale them - *frequently*

However hard the white ones are to keep clean, the chrome ones are 10 times
harder

Nope, we live in a soft water area. ;-)

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/09/2018 15:21, tim... wrote:

"Tim+" wrote in message

tim... wrote:
so, you fit a white ceramic or composite sink,

surely you want white taps (as I had previously), not chrome (or any
other
metal finish)

Does anyone sell white taps anymore?

like bugger they do

Our friends have a white mixer tap. It hasnt aged well. Just looks
grubby
now.##

As do the chrome ones if you don't descale them - *frequently*

However hard the white ones are to keep clean, the chrome ones are 10
times harder

The quality coloured ones are OK but I'm not sure you'll find those in
the sheds. When we bought the current house, it had a brown sink and
taps. Senior management hated it, plus we needed to swap the kitchen
units around, so I replaced it, putting the brown sink in the garage.
Its been there 20+ years- used for DIY type sink stuff*. The taps have
stood up very well. While I clean them, not to 'kitchen standards', I'm
pretty sure they would clean up almost like new. They must be some good
make, I dread to think what getting spares will be like if they start
leaking.

*paint, cleaning up after working on cars, clean up after making PCBs,

Smile for the camera ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxyL2_38EsQ
Remarkable Coincidences:
The Stock Market Crashes of 1929 and 2008 happened on the same
date in October. In Oct 1907, a run on the Knickerbocker Trust
Company led to the Great Depression.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 17 September 2018 15:43:38 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
Surely you need colour contrast for health and safety reasons though. How
about a black sink and yellow taps.

Interesting idea.

Maybe a white sink, white taps, and white crockery do contribute to the number of chipped bowls.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim+ wrote:
tim... wrote:
so, you fit a white ceramic or composite sink,

surely you want white taps (as I had previously), not chrome (or any other
metal finish)

Does anyone sell white taps anymore?

like bugger they do

Our friends have a white mixer tap. It hasnt aged well. Just looks grubby
now.

Tim

Same as white sinks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 18 September 2018 14:20:49 UTC+1, FMurtz wrote:
Same as white sinks.

Mine comes up lovely with a bleachy cloth.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Richard" wrote in message
news
On 17/09/18 14:20, tim... wrote:

"GB" wrote in message
news
On 17/09/2018 14:09, tim... wrote:
[...]

It's got one less digit than I thought it might have :-)

But you are right

I'm not in the market for a 500+ pound tap

200 is too much.

I said to the guy in Wickes today (I went back to revise my sink and tap
choices) "It's a tap I'm buying, not a car"! (and he was in full agreement)

But whilst waiting for him to become free, I was looking at how the metal
taps contrasted with the grey doors and worktops I had selected and decided
that there was a reasonable match, even on a white sink.

So apart from changing it from chrome finish to brushed, for the sake of
expediency I'll living with a metal tap.

Unless Howdens come up with a better offer (which I doubt they will be able
to given their appliance options and stupid single shelf cupboards!)

tim