Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cyclists waste petrol

On Sat, 8 Sep 2018 16:26:33 -0600, rbowman wrote:

snip

I wouldn't mind an old RS80 or such

I'm guessing you mean an R80RS?

R (series), 80 (800cc) RS (Renn/Reisesport (Sports tourer)).

I have a R80 (naked R series 800cc aircooled twin) and a R100RT
(1000cc Reise (Travel) Tourer).

but the new BMW bikes are overpriced
and a nightmare to work on.

But seem to be selling well, because they are very competent? I think
things like this go though several phases of complexity ... from yer
basic points and carbs, to some electronics but little in the way of
any intelligent diagnostics to the all singing computer controlled
thingy that are relatively easy to diagnose / tune (with the right
kit).

When the clutch splines stripped on my R100RT at 35K miles I borrowed
a Yamaha 900 Diversion for a week with the thought of replacing the RT
with such.

I only road the 900 Divvy twice in the week I had it and whilst it was
very good at what it did, it wasn't what I wanted from my motorcycling
(no 'character').

Cheers, T i m.