Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New Kitchen - which 'sheds' are best

"dennis@home" wrote in message
On 16/09/2018 09:08, tim... wrote:

I doubt that anyone gets away with "full price", there's too much
competition. No-one who has other offers of 4-5K is going to pay 15K for
Howdens.

It cost us 4k for the appliances and we got them cheaper than AO, etc.

I just got an offer from Wickes and the appliances (cooker, hob, extractor,
and Dishwasher) were circa 500 quid

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Theo" wrote in message
dennis@home wrote:
On 16/09/2018 09:08, tim... wrote:

I doubt that anyone gets away with "full price", there's too much
competition.? No-one who has other offers of 4-5K is going to pay 15K
for Howdens.

It cost us 4k for the appliances and we got them cheaper than AO, etc.

Was that like for like, or Lamona it's-not-Beko-in-disguise-honest?

Oh is that that they are

good to know

trim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/09/2018 18:34, Theo wrote:
dennis@home wrote:
On 16/09/2018 09:08, tim... wrote:

I doubt that anyone gets away with "full price", there's too much
competition.? No-one who has other offers of 4-5K is going to pay 15K
for Howdens.

It cost us 4k for the appliances and we got them cheaper than AO, etc.

Was that like for like, or Lamona it's-not-Beko-in-disguise-honest?

Theo

Bosch.
Series six stuff was seriously expensive in the shops but the wife was
paying out of her pension lump sum.

I like the pyrolytic cleaning.

The microwave/oven is a bit odd.. power settings jump from 600W to 1000W
with nothing in between.

I also don't like that you can't use silicon bakeware as it does the
baking sensor in.

The ability to set precise temps over a wide range is useful, I use the
big oven to dry out 3D printing filaments and to anneal printed bits.

You need to consider these DIY things if buying new appliances.

The dishwasher has a handy feature in that the door opens if you push it
which is handy when the wife has arthritis in the fingers. Its also
completely integrated and projects an image of what its doing on the
floor as it has no visible display.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 17 September 2018 10:04:17 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
The dishwasher has a handy feature in that the door opens if you push it
which is handy when the wife has arthritis in the fingers. Its also
completely integrated and projects an image of what its doing on the
floor as it has no visible display.

Is that feature aimed at cat owners?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 17 Sep 2018 10:39:52 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , "dennis@home" wrote:

The dishwasher has a handy feature in that the door opens if you push it
which is handy when the wife has arthritis in the fingers. Its also
completely integrated and projects an image of what its doing on the
floor as it has no visible display.

Yes, both those we also find useful. Ours has no cutlery basket, instead
there's a third tray right at the top in which you lay out the cuttles.
In this way cutlery items do not abrade each other during washing which
f'rinstance helps knives retain their cutting edges.

So do we. The only downside is that if the upper basket has a lot in it,
the water doesn't uniformly get to the cutlery!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

The dishwasher [...] projects an image of what its doing on the floor

I bet that's handy for people with varifocals!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/09/2018 11:18, Andy Burns wrote:
dennis@home wrote:

The dishwasher [...] projects an image of what its doing on the floor

I bet that's handy for people with varifocals!

People with varifocals can see what's on the floor without much trouble.
Projecting it on the ceiling might be a problem.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

People with varifocals can see what's on the floor without much trouble.
Projecting it on the ceiling might be a problem.

If you're Dennis Taylor maybe? The thing I hated when wearing
varifocals was stairs, the stairs themselves weren't in focus, the
ceiling was.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/09/2018 16:03, Andy Burns wrote:
dennis@home wrote:

People with varifocals can see what's on the floor without much trouble.
Projecting it on the ceiling might be a problem.

If you're Dennis Taylor maybe?Â* The thing I hated when wearing
varifocals was stairs, the stairs themselves weren't in focus, the
ceiling was.

Don't buy varifocals at cheap.glasses.direct then.

Discovery of 500-year-old pistol parts sheds new light onColorado's Spanish colonial history Jim H. Metalworking 0 January 8th 18 02:55 PM
Sheds sheds sheds GMM UK diy 5 April 16th 08 09:37 PM
2008 new year,2008 new business, 2008 new life, much cheap and beautiful product will help you which r u like ? [email protected] Woodworking 0 January 5th 08 07:13 PM
2008 new year,2008 new business, 2008 new life, much cheap andbeautiful product will help you which r u like ? [email protected] UK diy 0 January 5th 08 07:05 PM
Which Sheds sell "Ranch Paint"? Vortex UK diy 4 June 27th 05 04:59 PM