Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default another smoke alarm thread.

Which reminds me, A smoke alarm here has a strange fault. This makes the
sounder very quiet, and it can only just be heard. Tap the box and it
bursts into life. I think it might have got a foreign body in the sounder,
which gets trapped and stops it resonating. Two thought was, I could just
unstuck it and fit a new one, the safest option I guess, but not wanting to
throw away something that might be fixable. Assuming no foreign bodies can
be shaken out of the sounder, I wonder if just getting a sounder and
soldering it in might be ok, or might the actual sounder cost more than the
alarm?
It would be a friend soldering it in, but from the feel of it it might be
doable with a chock block!. Its finding a sounder that fits.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...