Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Storey's Field Community Centre and Nursery

Sixth one down on this link

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-44875398

"This nursery and community centre was commissioned by Cambridge
University and inspired by the college cloisters and courts of the city"

Now is it just me or does that look more likely that this nursery was
inspired by a certain 1970's BBC Children's programme than college
cloisters and courts of the city?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW Wrote in message:
Sixth one down on this link

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-44875398

"This nursery and community centre was commissioned by Cambridge
University and inspired by the college cloisters and courts of the city"

Now is it just me or does that look more likely that this nursery was
inspired by a certain 1970's BBC Children's programme than college
cloisters and courts of the city?

Was that the one with Brian Cant ?
(careful with the southern
accents...)
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 20 July 2018 20:05:01 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
Now is it just me or does that look more likely that this nursery was
inspired by a certain 1970's BBC Children's programme than college
cloisters and courts of the city?

It does, and they did a very poor brick match for the round window.

Could have been worse. Could have looked like the Jim'll Fix It chair.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Friday, 20 July 2018 20:05:01 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
Now is it just me or does that look more likely that this nursery was
inspired by a certain 1970's BBC Children's programme than college
cloisters and courts of the city?

It does, and they did a very poor brick match for the round window.

Could have been worse. Could have looked like the Jim'll Fix It chair.

Or in some areas. €śToday lets look through the broken window€ť

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/07/2018 23:33, Marland wrote:
wrote:
On Friday, 20 July 2018 20:05:01 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
Now is it just me or does that look more likely that this nursery was
inspired by a certain 1970's BBC Children's programme than college
cloisters and courts of the city?

It does, and they did a very poor brick match for the round window.

Could have been worse. Could have looked like the Jim'll Fix It chair.

Or in some areas. €śToday lets look through the broken window€ť

GH

Open Day on 15th September if anyone is interested.

https://www.opencambridge.cam.ac.uk/open-eddington