Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth, alt.home.repair, uk.legal, uk.politics.misc, alt.politics.uk

Default Outdoor preschool named best nursery in Britain

On 10 Jan 2018, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote
(in ):

On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 06:01:32 -0500, "BurfordTJustice"
wrote:

Outdoor preschool named best nursery in Britain
Some schools close in cold weather, but a pre-school in Britain never shuts
its doors because there aren't any doors to close.

You read that correctly.

Dandelion Nursery is the United Kingdom's first entirely outdoor pre-school.

During story time, students take a seat in the mud.

When it's time to play, the only toys the kids have are the ones they make
themselves.

"The outdoor environment is so incredibly rich - the amount of learning in a
small piece of earth - you can hit every area of the foundation stage," said
Dandelion Education co-founder Hayley Room.

Two former primary school teachers created the outdoor learning experience
for kids ages two to eight in a small village in East England.

The kids entertain themselves by building forts, making pretend vehicles out
of logs and straw bales, and by simply playing in the mud.

Philosophy is also part of the curriculum.

Students have to wiggle their finger when they want to speak in order to
make their ideas heard.

"And if you pass judgment on what the children say, then you can silence
them because they think that there's a right or wrong answer," said Room.

Teachers at the pre-school said their students are resilient and that they
learn more independence each day.

The outdoor school was named Britain's best nursery this year and the
founders are planning to open a second nursery in the new year.

I still play in the mud.

Do you still lick your own arse?

My sisters cat started ****ting in the bath, and soon after her husband
was diagnosed with motor-neurone disease.

Do the furry creatures know more than we think?

Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk

wrote:

[...]

God almighty! There's something I'll find hard to un-imagine :-)

My sisters cat started ****ting in the bath, and soon after her husband
was diagnosed with motor-neurone disease.

That's very sad. Does anyone with any knowledge of such things suspect
a connection?

Do the furry creatures know more than we think?

Just different things.

Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth, alt.home.repair, uk.legal, uk.politics.misc, alt.politics.uk

On 10 Jan 2018, Dan S. MacAbre wrote
(in article ):

wrote:

[...]

It was very sad. He died within 6 months.

Im not sure if the cats behaviour was mentioned to any medical people.
It was probably overlooked in the sudden shock of the rapid deterioration,
but the cats activity was only while he was there in the house. Once his
inability to breathe and swallow without assistance became too bad he was
taken to hospital. With him not there, the cat went back to normal.

It is a very nervous cat, and I can imagine that any slight variation in mood
or behaviour would be noticed by the animal. Im sure my brother-i-law knew
something was wrong well before the wider family were told, and the cat may
just have picked up on the worry and depression.

Do the furry creatures know more than we think?

Just different things.

Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk

wrote:

[...]

Even sadder. But I misunderstood you. I thought you were suggesting
that the cat ****ting in the bath may have been the cause of the
disease. Since I know little about cats, or MND, it did not seem
obviously unlikely to me.

Im not sure if the cats behaviour was mentioned to any medical people.
It was probably overlooked in the sudden shock of the rapid deterioration,
but the cats activity was only while he was there in the house. Once his
inability to breathe and swallow without assistance became too bad he was
taken to hospital. With him not there, the cat went back to normal.

It is a very nervous cat, and I can imagine that any slight variation in mood
or behaviour would be noticed by the animal. Im sure my brother-i-law knew
something was wrong well before the wider family were told, and the cat may
just have picked up on the worry and depression.

Do the furry creatures know more than we think?

Just different things.

Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk

wrote:

[...]

Good lord no. I've been surrounded by people willing to do that for me
for years.

My sister’s cat started ****ting in the bath, and soon after her husband
was diagnosed with motor-neurone disease.

Do the furry creatures know more than we think?

Yes, of course we do, not that I can see the logical progression in this
case.

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

--
p-0.0-h the cat

Devil incarnate, Linux user#666, ******* hacker, Resident evil, Monkey Boy,
the SCOURGE, l33t p00h d3 tr0ll, p00h == lam3r, p00h == tr0ll, troll infme,

NewsGroups Numbrer One Terrorist

By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.

Signature integrity check
md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896

Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk

On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 12:34:59 +0000, johnny-knowall
wrote:

It is a very nervous cat, and I can imagine that any slight variation in mood
or behaviour would be noticed by the animal. I’m sure my brother-i-law knew
something was wrong well before the wider family were told, and the cat may
just have picked up on the worry and depression.

That's quite likely. We had a cat which went all nervous one time and
found Feliway https://www.feliway.com/uk chilled it out. Never found out
why kitty went skitty. Probably a pussy power struggle or a tale of
unrequited love we were unaware of.