Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Argos Athina kitchen units

Has anyone tried these? Are they easy to fit? What quality?

I am looking to replace my wall cabinets because all the hinges have packed up on them. I have looked around and these look OK and come in at a reasonable price.

Also I am looking at the drawer unit. Again, if anyone has used them I would value your review.

Thanks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 9 July 2018 11:41:41 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
Not tried them specifically - buy they appear to be made by Hygena - so
quality should be "ok".

Unfortunately Hygena in the UK and Ireland was bought by MFI in 1987, then by Home Retail Group in 2009, and it's now an Argos/Sainsburys own brand, with no connection to the continental Hygena brand sold to Nobia in 2006.

Schreiber and Habitat went the same way.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Even if the chipboard or wood has failed one can put in some stuff to seep
in and set to make a pretty good job of firming them up, or one can find
hinges with the same mechanism that fit on differently. I've never seen so
many types of hinges as these days. I often wonder why, if one is good they
do not all move over to them.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"John Rumm" wrote in message
On 09/07/2018 10:21,
wrote:

Has anyone tried these? Are they easy to fit? What quality?

Not tried them specifically - buy they appear to be made by Hygena - so
quality should be "ok".

I am looking to replace my wall cabinets because all the hinges have
packed up on them. I have looked around and these look OK and come in at
a reasonable price.

Would not new hinges be cheaper? Or has the wood failed around the hinges?

--
Cheers,

John.

| Internode Ltd -
http://www.internode.co.uk |

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

Even if the chipboard or wood has failed one can put in some stuff to seep
in and set to make a pretty good job of firming them up, or one can find
hinges with the same mechanism that fit on differently. I've never seen so
many types of hinges as these days. I often wonder why, if one is good
they do not all move over to them.

Because there is no clear best approach and even if there was, it would be
patented.

"John Rumm" wrote in message
On 09/07/2018 10:21, wrote:

Has anyone tried these? Are they easy to fit? What quality?

Not tried them specifically - buy they appear to be made by Hygena - so
quality should be "ok".

I am looking to replace my wall cabinets because all the hinges have
packed up on them. I have looked around and these look OK and come in at
a reasonable price.

Would not new hinges be cheaper? Or has the wood failed around the
hinges?

--
Cheers,

John.

| Internode Ltd -
http://www.internode.co.uk |

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 06:34:04 +1000, cantankerous geezer Rot Speed blabbered,
again:

Even if the chipboard or wood has failed one can put in some stuff to seep
in and set to make a pretty good job of firming them up, or one can find
hinges with the same mechanism that fit on differently. I've never seen so
many types of hinges as these days. I often wonder why, if one is good
they do not all move over to them.

Because there is no clear best approach and even if there was, it would be
patented.

Someone hose that senile Australian cur off with cold water, or it will keep
****ing in every single thread!

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID: