Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Are Screwfix taking the ****?

Just had a text message off them to tell me

"Your order is ready to collect. Please bring Photo ID with you and go
to the collection point at etc"

What photo ID?

The item is booked out to the Scout Hut, is under the Scout Hut's name
and address. Not only that I someone else actually ordered the part and
paid for it (cash.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/07/18 10:49, ARW wrote:
Just had a text message off them to tell me

"Your order is ready to collect. Please bring Photo ID with you and go
to the collection point at etc"

What photo ID?

The item is booked out to the Scout Hut, is under the Scout Hut's name
and address. Not only that I someone else actually ordered the part and
paid for it (cash.

Take the **** back by taking selfie with the text message and presenting
that as photo ID?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , at 10:49:27 on Sun, 8 Jul
2018, ARW remarked:
Just had a text message off them to tell me

"Your order is ready to collect. Please bring Photo ID with you and go
to the collection point at etc"

What photo ID?

The item is booked out to the Scout Hut, is under the Scout Hut's name
and address.

Take along a picture of the scout hut!
--
Roland Perry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ARW wrote:
Just had a text message off them to tell me

"Your order is ready to collect. Please bring Photo ID with you and go
to the collection point at etc"

What photo ID?

The item is booked out to the Scout Hut, is under the Scout Hut's name
and address. Not only that I someone else actually ordered the part and
paid for it (cash.

Take a photo of the Scout Hut with you.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 8 July 2018 10:49:28 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
What photo ID?

That one of you 'knobbing' your girlfriend?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote
ARW wrote

What photo ID?

That one of you 'knobbing' your girlfriend?

Not very convenient to have to show them his
bare arse to compare with the photo ID tho.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 9 Jul 2018 07:00:07 +1000, cantankerous geezer Rot Speed blabbered,
again:

What photo ID?

That one of you 'knobbing' your girlfriend?

Not very convenient to have to show them his
bare arse to compare with the photo ID tho.

I suppose it would leave a better impression with them than your stupid
senile face, Rot!

--
dennis@home to know-it-all Rot Speed:
"You really should stop commenting on things you know nothing about."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:

blind folk have no driving license.

Maybe you could apply for a provisional one, see what officialdom's
response is :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/07/2018 09:10, Andy Burns wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:

blind folk have no driving license.

Maybe you could apply for a provisional one, see what officialdom's
response is :-)

They must ask about your eyesight somewhere. You used to be able to ride
a motorcycle (up to 250cc) on a provisional licence, so there must have
been some check.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/07/2018 22:00, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote
ARWÂ* wrote

What photo ID?

That one of you 'knobbing' your girlfriend?

Not very convenient to have to show them his bare arse to compare with
the photo ID tho.

Not quite the same, but I used to know a Dutchman who had to carry photo
ID as a child during the Nazi occupation. Apparently he managed to get a
photo with him sticking his tongue out. So that, whenever challenged, he
was able to stick his tongue out at the official. This was the family
story, anyway! Sadly, the actual card hadn't survived.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 8 July 2018 23:11:51 UTC+1, Peeler wrote:
On Mon, 9 Jul 2018 07:00:07 +1000, cantankerous geezer Rot Speed blabbered,
again:

What photo ID?

That one of you 'knobbing' your girlfriend?

Not very convenient to have to show them his
bare arse to compare with the photo ID tho.

I suppose it would leave a better impression with them than your stupid
senile face, Rot!

I doubt most can tell wodneys arse from his face from what he says would a visual imterpretation be any better ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

I know one in India that has one. When I was married to the Slovakian au
pair that worked for an Indian Doctor he told me that he took he driving
test with his blind Dad sat in the back seat and for just a small extra
charge (in cash) the examiner gave his Dad a driving licence.

Interestingly blind folk have no driving license. I've had similar issues at
other stores recently, and luckily they are happy to use my disabled
taxicard, otherwise they would be stuffed. When I read the original question
I had an evil thought that a picture of the scout hut was fine then..grin.
Brian

--
Adam

Now this is taking the piss ARW UK diy 27 March 27th 13 08:43 PM
Marines piss on dead Taliban, leftist twits piss pants and wring hands about it. Ed Huntress Metalworking 0 January 13th 12 03:04 AM
B&Q taking the piss! PeterC UK diy 27 April 7th 10 09:03 AM
Grrrr... Siemens gasman taking the piss Ben UK diy 6 March 18th 07 01:31 PM
Taking the piss Paul Nutteing (valid email address in post script ) UK diy 3 January 6th 07 08:32 PM