Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Head Torch

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
I used to be able to buy liqueur chocolates when I was a lad - enough to
notice the effect.

Surprised you weren't sick first. ;-)

--
*No husband has ever been shot while doing the dishes *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 3 Jul 2018 16:23:40 +0100, Tim Watts
wrote:

snip

A Sussex school has recently banned skirts on some nefarious excuse - so
this is the level of derangement currently operating.

Must have been some EU ruling, working it's way up from Dover. ;-)

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
I used to be able to buy liqueur chocolates when I was a lad - enough to
notice the effect.

Surprised you weren't sick first. ;-)

I used to be able to eat a full sized bar of Galaxy on a semi regular
basis with no ill effect - it was all the running around at school breaks.

Sadly that ability to eat *anything* died a long time ago
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 3 Jul 2018 14:05:18 +0100
Andy Burns wrote:

Dave Plowman wrote:

I like the occasional Beck's Blue. Zero alcohol - but to me the
best of the zero alcohol 'beers'.

It and similar 0.0% beers are OK on occasion, can't take a whole
night on them without losing the taste for them though.

But at Tesco, it has to be authorised. ;-)

While any schoolkid can buy up to 0.5% shandy without approval ...

Wasn't Double Diamond once found to be so weak it could be sold to
schoolkids?

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Davey wrote:
On Tue, 3 Jul 2018 14:05:18 +0100
Andy Burns wrote:

Dave Plowman wrote:

I like the occasional Beck's Blue. Zero alcohol - but to me the
best of the zero alcohol 'beers'.

It and similar 0.0% beers are OK on occasion, can't take a whole
night on them without losing the taste for them though.

But at Tesco, it has to be authorised. ;-)

While any schoolkid can buy up to 0.5% shandy without approval ...

Wasn't Double Diamond once found to be so weak it could be sold to
schoolkids?

but - it worked wonders

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/07/2018 00:19, Andy Burns wrote:
GB wrote:

Lumens are defined as the light per unit of solid angle. So, focusing
the same amount of light into a tight beam does indeed increase the
lumens. Still...

I thought Lumens was Lumens (probably should be lowercase) and if you
wanted to include the angle they were spread over, it was something like
lumens per steradian?

I think that's the definition of a candela.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
I used to be able to buy liqueur chocolates when I was a lad - enough to
notice the effect.

Surprised you weren't sick first. ;-)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/147...ueur-test.html

"Channel 4 has been criticised for a programme which tested how many
liqueur chocolates it would take to get two 12-year-old boys over the
drink-drive limit.

"Viewers complained about the programme, Experimental, which saw one boy
appear to vomit and another apparently drunk."

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/07/2018 17:57, Davey wrote:
On Tue, 3 Jul 2018 14:05:18 +0100
Andy Burns wrote:

Dave Plowman wrote:

I like the occasional Beck's Blue. Zero alcohol - but to me the
best of the zero alcohol 'beers'.

It and similar 0.0% beers are OK on occasion, can't take a whole
night on them without losing the taste for them though.

But at Tesco, it has to be authorised. ;-)

While any schoolkid can buy up to 0.5% shandy without approval ...

Wasn't Double Diamond once found to be so weak it could be sold to
schoolkids?

The soft drink limit used to be 2° proof I think, which is about 1%
alcohol by volume.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/07/2018 12:19, Tim Watts wrote:

There's just so much bull**** around at the moment, I'm literally
calling it our every other day...

The one that's really got my goat recently is this utter bullcrap over
many shops age limiting caffinated drinks like Red Bull...

They haven't even brought in a law on that yet. And what about other
things containing caffeine, like tea and coffee?

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/07/18 21:57, Max Demian wrote:
On 03/07/2018 12:19, Tim Watts wrote:

There's just so much bull**** around at the moment, I'm literally
calling it our every other day...

The one that's really got my goat recently is this utter bullcrap over
many shops age limiting caffinated drinks like Red Bull...

They haven't even brought in a law on that yet.

You'd think they had when even the pharmacist in Boots says "oh it's the
law". (I knew it was a company policy, not the law).

And what about other
things containing caffeine, like tea and coffee?

I supposed when we have kids getting stoned on a pint of Earl Gray,
we'll have reached peak something

I used to take a pint of cold sugared coffee to school on O-Level exam
days and swig the lot half and hour before going in (about the right
amount of time for the diuretic part to take effect and be dealt with).

So my 5 A's were a result of drug enhanced abilities :-