Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default W10 update oddities

Last update, a few weeks ago, both of my laptops lost my subscribed to
newsgroups in Mesnews. I had to resubcribe to them all on both laptops.
There were other oddities too, before and after the update.

I have brought this laptop out of hibernation to find the screen
display was entirely monotone (white and sepia), on checking a little
closer, it had another big update to install. As soon as I clicked
reboot and update, the screen colours returned to normal. Is this MS's
new way to indicate an update install is needed?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Who knows with them. The main reason I'm still using 7 is that it seems
Microsoft reinvent Windows every6 months or so, and as a Person who has to
have a highly customised system it adds lots of extra work for me every
time, not to mention the fact that it always trashes my email in the process
as it does not like me using legacy email clients from Microsoft even though
they work perfectly well and present me with the same interface I am used
to. Their current email client is a joke as it has no newsgroups and seems
to not have any message rules either. heap of ****.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
news
Last update, a few weeks ago, both of my laptops lost my subscribed to
newsgroups in Mesnews. I had to resubcribe to them all on both laptops.
There were other oddities too, before and after the update.

I have brought this laptop out of hibernation to find the screen display
was entirely monotone (white and sepia), on checking a little closer, it
had another big update to install. As soon as I clicked reboot and update,
the screen colours returned to normal. Is this MS's new way to indicate an
update install is needed?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Martin wrote:
On Sun, 17 Jun 2018 21:01:40 +0100, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

Last update, a few weeks ago, both of my laptops lost my subscribed
to newsgroups in Mesnews. I had to resubcribe to them all on both
laptops. There were other oddities too, before and after the update.

I have brought this laptop out of hibernation to find the screen
display was entirely monotone (white and sepia), on checking a little
closer, it had another big update to install. As soon as I clicked
reboot and update, the screen colours returned to normal. Is this
MS's new way to indicate an update install is needed?

MS mess about with drivers. Replace them with something that doesn't
work properly and then replace the original driver with the next
update. It is long over due that the EU gave them a very large fine.

alt.comp.os.windows-10