Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Getting rid of what appears to be some form of tyre slime

I've got this mess in the wheel well where the spare tyre goes.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bonxvh3b8o..._1736.JPG?dl=0

Presumably it came from a spare which had some form of tyre
slime in it which came off the rim or something. I don't use any
form of tyre slime myself, but did get a couple of tyres and rims
from the wreckers and it was presumably in one of those.

The thinner stuff washed off with tap water quite effectively,
but the deeper pools had a skin on them and washing didn't
work very well with those. Before I washed off the thin stuff,
the deeper pools weren't sticky on top, but they are now.

The pools are still quite soft and it should be possible to gouge
it off with a flat screwdriver, but I am reluctant to do that and
gouge the paint.

Anyone know a good way of getting rid of the remaining pools ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 01/06/2018 08:53, Rod Speed wrote:
I've got this mess in the wheel well where the spare tyre goes.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bonxvh3b8o..._1736.JPG?dl=0

Presumably it came from a spare which had some form of tyre
slime in it which came off the rim or something. I don't use any
form of tyre slime myself, but did get a couple of tyres and rims
from the wreckers and it was presumably in one of those.
The thinner stuff washed off with tap water quite effectively,
but the deeper pools had a skin on them and washing didn't
work very well with those. Before I washed off the thin stuff,
the deeper pools weren't sticky on top, but they are now.
The pools are still quite soft and it should be possible to gouge
it off with a flat screwdriver, but I am reluctant to do that and gouge
the paint.
Anyone know a good way of getting rid of the remaining pools ?

If you need to `gouge` use plastic or a piece of wood.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 1 Jun 2018 17:53:53 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

I've got this mess in the wheel well where the spare tyre goes.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bonxvh3b8o..._1736.JPG?dl=0

Presumably it came from a spare which had some form of tyre
slime in it which came off the rim or something.

Unlikely.

I don't use any
form of tyre slime myself,

Good for you.

but did get a couple of tyres and rims
from the wreckers

Dangerous and stupid thing to do. More stupid than you usually manage.

and it was presumably in one of those.

Stupid presumption.

The thinner stuff washed off with tap water quite effectively,
but the deeper pools had a skin on them and washing didn't
work very well with those.

Hot water, more soap, try harder?

Before I washed off the thin stuff,
the deeper pools weren't sticky on top, but they are now.

Probably removed the dust.

The pools are still quite soft and it should be possible to gouge
it off with a flat screwdriver, but I am reluctant to do that

Don't then.

and
gouge the paint.

Don't do that either.

Anyone know a good way of getting rid of the remaining pools ?

Why do you need to, it's a spare wheel well? Lay a sheet of polythene
over it and put the wheel in.

Rod Speed reply bot.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

T i m wrote
Rod Speed wrote

I've got this mess in the wheel well where the spare tyre goes.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bonxvh3b8o..._1736.JPG?dl=0

Presumably it came from a spare which had some form
of tyre slime in it which came off the rim or something.

Unlikely.

Have fun explaining where else it came from.

There is none of it on the cover that goes over the
wheel well so it must have come from the spare.

I don't use any form of tyre slime myself,

Good for you.

but did get a couple of tyres and rims from the wreckers

Dangerous and stupid thing to do.

Nope, just because the body of the car was
a write off says nothing useful about the tires
and rims and its trivial to check that they are fine.

More stupid than you usually manage.

and it was presumably in one of those.

Stupid presumption.

Have fun explaining where else it came from.

The thinner stuff washed off with tap water quite
effectively, but the deeper pools had a skin on
them and washing didn't work very well with those.

Hot water, more soap, try harder?

The appropriate solvent makes more sense.

Its not the green branded slime tho.

Before I washed off the thin stuff, the deeper
pools weren't sticky on top, but they are now.

Probably removed the dust.

There was no dust. There was a smooth skin that
could be pressed and deformed when pressed.

The pools are still quite soft and it should be possible to gouge
it off with a flat screwdriver, but I am reluctant to do that

Don't then.

and gouge the paint.

Don't do that either.

Anyone know a good way of getting rid of the remaining pools ?

Why do you need to, it's a spare wheel well?

I don't need to but it would be better to get rid of it.

Lay a sheet of polythene over it and put the wheel in.

Makes more sense to remove it if that's easy.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 1 Jun 2018 20:03:03 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

T i m wrote
Rod Speed wrote

I've got this mess in the wheel well where the spare tyre goes.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bonxvh3b8o..._1736.JPG?dl=0

Presumably it came from a spare which had some form
of tyre slime in it which came off the rim or something.

Unlikely.

Have fun explaining where else it came from.

I don't need to.

There is none of it on the cover that goes over the
wheel well so it must have come from the spare.

BS.

I don't use any form of tyre slime myself,

Good for you.

but did get a couple of tyres and rims from the wreckers

Dangerous and stupid thing to do.

Nope, just because the body of the car was
a write off says nothing useful about the tires

Exactly, it says *nothing* about the tyres.

and rims and its trivial to check that they are fine.

BS. There is *NO WAY* you could ever check the internal integrity of a
second hand tyre from an unknown (to you) vehicle.

More stupid than you usually manage.

and it was presumably in one of those.

Stupid presumption.

Have fun explaining where else it came from.

See above.

The thinner stuff washed off with tap water quite
effectively, but the deeper pools had a skin on
them and washing didn't work very well with those.

Hot water, more soap, try harder?

The appropriate solvent makes more sense.

Quite ... but if water removed the thinner stuff ...

Its not the green branded slime tho.

No, because it's not *any* form of 'slime'. It could however be the
remains of a can of get-you-home 'Repair in a can' (vinyl) that has
been punctured and empted into the wheel well.

Before I washed off the thin stuff, the deeper
pools weren't sticky on top, but they are now.

Probably removed the dust.

There was no dust.

So you vacuum the wheel well out regularly? More stupid than you
usually manage.

There was a smooth skin that
could be pressed and deformed when pressed.

Irrelevant to the fact that it could have been coved in dust.

The pools are still quite soft and it should be possible to gouge
it off with a flat screwdriver, but I am reluctant to do that

Don't then.

and gouge the paint.

Don't do that either.

Anyone know a good way of getting rid of the remaining pools ?

Why do you need to, it's a spare wheel well?

I don't need to but it would be better to get rid of it.

Not better for protecting the inside of the well against rust it
wouldn't.

Lay a sheet of polythene over it and put the wheel in.

Makes more sense to remove it if that's easy.

Another big 'IF' and I guess you wouldn't be asking here if it was.

Rod Bot

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 01 Jun 2018 13:48:15 +0200, Martin wrote:

wrote:

[...]

You couldn't bull**** your way in to a plastic bag bot

Did you mean body bag?

Is 'Jim K' also Rod then?

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

You couldn't bull**** your way in to a plastic bag boy!
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Erm...

Booty bag?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Place your bets...
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

That is right plastic spatulas work well. I use one to clean a lawn mower.
However maybe you need to test a few solvents on the stuff and see what
happens. Depends what you can get. If the paint is car paint whitespirit
should be safe I think.

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"ss" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 1 June 2018 11:32:16 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 1 Jun 2018 20:03:03 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

T i m wrote
Rod Speed wrote

but did get a couple of tyres and rims from the wreckers

Dangerous and stupid thing to do.

Nope, just because the body of the car was
a write off says nothing useful about the tires

Exactly, it says *nothing* about the tyres.

and rims and its trivial to check that they are fine.

BS. There is *NO WAY* you could ever check the internal integrity of a
second hand tyre from an unknown (to you) vehicle.

What exactly is the issue with used tyres? Inspection shows up rubber faults, bulges on inflation show structural failures, and out-of-round I discovered by driving: drumming & very little road grip.

I had a vehicle years ago where buying scrapyard tyres was the only practical option, new ones were 20x the price, literally, and inadequate steering geometry control meant they didn't last well. Since I've heard warnings oft repeated about doing so, but no real explanation as to what the problem is..

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"T i m" wrote in message
On Fri, 1 Jun 2018 20:03:03 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

T i m wrote
Rod Speed wrote

I've got this mess in the wheel well where the spare tyre goes.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bonxvh3b8o..._1736.JPG?dl=0

Presumably it came from a spare which had some form
of tyre slime in it which came off the rim or something.

Unlikely.

Have fun explaining where else it came from.

I don't need to.

Corse you do with your stupid claim that it didn't come from the tyre.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

I don't use any form of tyre slime myself,

Good for you.

but did get a couple of tyres and rims from the wreckers

Dangerous and stupid thing to do.

Nope, just because the body of the car was
a write off says nothing useful about the tires

Exactly, it says *nothing* about the tyres.

and rims and its trivial to check that they are fine.

BS. There is *NO WAY* you could ever check the internal integrity
of a second hand tyre from an unknown (to you) vehicle.

Corse you can, you take if off the rim and check it that way.

Even you should be able to manage that.

Completely useless, as always with your ****.

The thinner stuff washed off with tap water quite
effectively, but the deeper pools had a skin on
them and washing didn't work very well with those.

Hot water, more soap, try harder?

The appropriate solvent makes more sense.

Quite ... but if water removed the thinner stuff ...

It didn't remove the thicker stuff.

Its not the green branded slime tho.

No, because it's not *any* form of 'slime'.

Have fun explaining where it came from and
didn't get on the cover of the wheel well.

It could however be the remains of a can of
get-you-home 'Repair in a can' (vinyl) that has
been punctured and empted into the wheel well.

Nope, because I have never ever had a can of that stuff.

Before I washed off the thin stuff, the deeper
pools weren't sticky on top, but they are now.

Probably removed the dust.

There was no dust.

So you vacuum the wheel well out regularly?

Don't need to. I don't get dust in the wheel well
because the cover stops it getting in there. There
isnt any dust on the top of the cover either.

There was a smooth skin that could be
pressed and deformed when pressed.

Irrelevant to the fact that it could have been coved in dust.

Even a terminal ****wit such as yourself could see
dust if it was there and that wouldn't have stopped
the water working on just those bits anyway.

The pools are still quite soft and it should be possible to gouge
it off with a flat screwdriver, but I am reluctant to do that

Don't then.

and gouge the paint.

Don't do that either.

Anyone know a good way of getting rid of the remaining pools ?

Why do you need to, it's a spare wheel well?

I don't need to but it would be better to get rid of it.

Not better for protecting the inside of the well against rust it
wouldn't.

There is no rust at all in the wheel well, it's a decent
modern Korean car with not a scrap of rust anywhere.

Even in the dent in the drivers door that has gone
right thru the outer paint which appears to have
been caused by some fool putting the corner of
a ute tray into my door in a car park. And that was
before the wettest winter we have ever had here.
https://www.tiptopequipment.com.au/m...arousel-04.jpg

Lay a sheet of polythene over it and put the wheel in.

Makes more sense to remove it if that's easy.

Another big 'IF' and I guess you wouldn't be asking here if it was.

Depends on what answers I get on what solvent will get it off.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 1 June 2018 14:27:14 UTC+1, wrote:
On Friday, 1 June 2018 11:32:16 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 1 Jun 2018 20:03:03 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

T i m wrote
Rod Speed wrote

[...]

Damage to tyres can be easily detected,
The main problem is changing the tyre on to your rim.
You will need to take it to somewhere with a decant air flow to bed the tyre on to the rim.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/06/2018 11:32, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 1 Jun 2018 20:03:03 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

T i m wrote
Rod Speed wrote

I've got this mess in the wheel well where the spare tyre goes.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bonxvh3b8o..._1736.JPG?dl=0

Presumably it came from a spare which had some form
of tyre slime in it which came off the rim or something.

Unlikely.

Have fun explaining where else it came from.

I don't need to.

There is none of it on the cover that goes over the
wheel well so it must have come from the spare.

BS.

I don't use any form of tyre slime myself,

Good for you.

but did get a couple of tyres and rims from the wreckers

Dangerous and stupid thing to do.

Nope, just because the body of the car was
a write off says nothing useful about the tires

Exactly, it says *nothing* about the tyres.

And equally you know nothing about the tyres on any second-hand car that
you buy - or do you immediately replace all the tyres no matter how much
tread is on them?

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

That is right plastic spatulas work well.

Those indents arent that big and none of the plastic spatulas are small
enough.

Should be able to trim down a stick tho.

I use one to clean a lawn mower.

I've never bothered with mine and would normally use a flat
screwdriver for those since my lawnmowers have cast bodys.

However maybe you need to test a few solvents on the stuff and see what
happens.

Yeah, I was hoping someone could tell me what works
with the very dark grey slime I have in the wheel well.

Most of the yank comments with google and youtube
are for the green slime commonly used there.

Depends what you can get.

I do have most of the common ones, turps, metho, acetone
and there should be some paint thinner somewhere. But it
would be more convenient if someone knows what works
since I'd have to check with the more unusual stuff that it
wont take the paint off.

If the paint is car paint

Yes it is, that’s the standard car paint it came with.

whitespirit should be safe I think.

I couldn’t remember about that, but easy to look up.

"ss" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
news
On 01/06/2018 11:32, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 1 Jun 2018 20:03:03 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

T i m wrote
Rod Speed wrote

[...]

Precisely. He's completely off with the ****ing fairys, as always.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 1 Jun 2018 22:29:56 +0100, Steve Walker
wrote:

snip

but did get a couple of tyres and rims from the wreckers

Dangerous and stupid thing to do.

Nope, just because the body of the car was
a write off says nothing useful about the tires

Exactly, it says *nothing* about the tyres.

And equally you know nothing about the tyres on any second-hand car that
you buy

Not entirely true. You know that they currently work and aren't
showing any signs of issue in use. You may know the PO (family?) and
so have a good idea of their likely treatment. Not the same for a
vehicle where the last time the wheels went round is when they were
winched up the back of the recovery vehicle after a crash, being
stolen and joy ridden or some accidental off-road experience.

- or do you immediately replace all the tyres no matter how much
tread is on them?

Yes, it's not unknown for me to fit all new tyres to a vehicle new to
us (irrespective of the tread etc) because:

1) They are rarely a complete set of the same brand / model.

(We have got second hand cars with 4 different makes / models of tyre
fitted or one car that tyre of a different size! Another (a van) had
two brand new tyres on the front that may have had sufficient load
rating for the front but not if they got moved to the back when they
could have been overloaded. So we changed the set).

2) They are rarely the tyres I would fit given the choice.

3) They have often been 'getting old', even if they appeared ok from
the outside (especially on trailers and motorbikes) and so I will
often change them 'anyway'. I noticed (during a long trip pre check)
the tyres on the back of the Meriva were the originals (same date code
as the reg) and I wanted to change the fronts anyway. So, I changed
the set (so they were all the same model).

4) As we generally keep any vehicles till their end, we might as well
have something known / good from the getgo (or once we have determined
it's a keeper etc).

Tyres are your only contact with the road and in the event of a
catastrophic failure can end up costing *way* more than a set of
tyres.

So, I have *never* bought a second hand tyre, *especially* from a
breakers and yes, often replace what look like fairly good tyres on
any second hand vehicle we get, *because* I value lives (convenience /
licence) more than I want to gamble with a complete unknown or
something with a question mark on it (age or suitability etc).

YMMV etc. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

p.s. I bought a new to me motorbike and whilst the tyres were (looked)
fine, they were quite old so I mentioned to the local motorcycle shop
that I needed some new ones and because I'd previously helped them out
with IT stuff (for nothing), they gave me the new tyres at cost. I
didn't get round to fitting them and now they are probably 7 years old
(still unfitted) so I'll probably throw them away. The last thing I
need is to fit tyres that may have hardened because they haven't been
used or may have some other issue (*especially* on a motorbike).

I recently gave away a 14' dinghy for a neighbour because I wanted the
trailer it sat on. I only needed to take it about 5 miles but because
the tyres were old, had been left under inflated and were showing
slight signs of cracking on the sidewalls, I replaced them both (with
brand new complete wheels).

1) I didn't want to be stuck with a failed tyre anywhere on the trip.
2) I didn't want to risk 6 points on my licence.
3) I hoped to be using the trailer after getting rid of the boat.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"T i m" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 1 Jun 2018 22:29:56 +0100, Steve Walker
wrote:

snip

but did get a couple of tyres and rims from the wreckers

Dangerous and stupid thing to do.

Nope, just because the body of the car was
a write off says nothing useful about the tires

Exactly, it says *nothing* about the tyres.

And equally you know nothing about the tyres on any second-hand car that
you buy

Not entirely true.

Fraid so.

You know that they currently work

Trivial to check if the rim and tyre from the wrecker does.

and aren't showing any signs of issue in use.

Ditto.

You may know the PO (family?) and so
have a good idea of their likely treatment.

Few buyers of used cars do.

Not the same for a vehicle where the last time the wheels
went round is when they were winched up the back of the
recovery vehicle after a crash, being stolen and joy ridden
or some accidental off-road experience.

Or has just been discarded because the cost
of the repair it needs is more than its value
like when someone has been stupid enough
to let it run out of oil and the engine is ****ed.

- or do you immediately replace all the tyres
no matter how much tread is on them?

Yes, it's not unknown for me to fit all new tyres to
a vehicle new to us (irrespective of the tread etc)

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof of
what a terminal ****wit you have always been.

Only a terminal ****wit like you will only drive a car which has that.

(We have got second hand cars with
4 different makes / models of tyre fitted

Hardly the end of civilisation as we know it. Mine is like
that right now, because the tyre place I use has changed
the brand they supply. Still works fine anyway.

2) They are rarely the tyres I would fit given the choice.

So you are actually stupid enough to buy a whole new set of tyres.

Figures.

3) They have often been 'getting old', even if they appeared
ok from the outside (especially on trailers and motorbikes)

We arent discussing those.

and so I will often change them 'anyway'.

Yes, you are that terminal a ****wit.

I noticed (during a long trip pre check) the tyres on
the back of the Meriva were the originals (same date
code as the reg) and I wanted to change the fronts anyway.
So, I changed the set (so they were all the same model).

Yes, you are that terminal a ****wit.

4) As we generally keep any vehicles till their end, we
might as well have something known / good from the
getgo (or once we have determined it's a keeper etc).

Yes, you are that terminal a ****wit.

Tyres are your only contact with the road and
in the event of a catastrophic failure can end
up costing *way* more than a set of tyres.

Not with a well designed car. With mine it
is in fact quite hard to even work out that
one of the tyres is flat, it works fine anyway.

So, I have *never* bought a second hand tyre,

Yes, you are that terminal a ****wit.

*especially* from a breakers and yes, often replace what look
like fairly good tyres on any second hand vehicle we get,

Yes, you are that terminal a ****wit.

*because* I value lives (convenience / licence) more than
I want to gamble with a complete unknown or something
with a question mark on it (age or suitability etc).

Yes, you are that terminal a ****wit.

And it has nothing to do with your license,
you pathetic excuse for a bull**** artist.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 2 Jun 2018 05:13:32 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 1 Jun 2018 20:03:03 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

T i m wrote
Rod Speed wrote

I've got this mess in the wheel well where the spare tyre goes.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bonxvh3b8o..._1736.JPG?dl=0

Presumably it came from a spare which had some form
of tyre slime in it which came off the rim or something.

Unlikely.

Have fun explaining where else it came from.

I don't need to.

Corse you do with your stupid claim that it didn't come from the tyre.

Even more stupid with your claim that it did.

snip

and rims and its trivial to check that they are fine.

BS. There is *NO WAY* you could ever check the internal integrity
of a second hand tyre from an unknown (to you) vehicle.

Corse you can, you take if off the rim and check it that way.

Bwhahahaha ... you stupid troll ... you think just visually checking a
tyre inside guarantees there are no internal issues! Trust your stupid
troll brain to limit the term 'internally' to the inside of the tyre!!

Maybe you could explain to the tyre remoulders how much money and time
they could save when they are testing tyres for re-use (you stupid
troll).

snip

No, because it's not *any* form of 'slime'.

Have fun explaining where it came from and
didn't get on the cover of the wheel well.

There is no 'slime' in there because it's not slime. In just the same
way that brown sauce isn't tomato ketchup.

It could however be the remains of a can of
get-you-home 'Repair in a can' (vinyl) that has
been punctured and empted into the wheel well.

Nope, because I have never ever had a can of that stuff.

So, this stuff 'just appeared' and you think it came out of a second
hand tyre you bought from a wreckers? You have had a tyre, laying on
it's side deflate and just fall off the rim, to allow a liquid out?

snip

So you vacuum the wheel well out regularly?

Don't need to. I don't get dust in the wheel well
because the cover stops it getting in there. There
isnt any dust on the top of the cover either.

Aww bless ... the stupid troll thinks a spare wheel cover is airtight
and so no dust can ever get in there ...

There was a smooth skin that could be
pressed and deformed when pressed.

Irrelevant to the fact that it could have been coved in dust.

Even a terminal ****wit such as yourself could see
dust if it was there and that wouldn't have stopped
the water working on just those bits anyway.

Whoosh! Stupid stupid troll. It's not that the dust stopped anything
working, it's that washing the dust off (that was previously stuck to
the sticky surface, making it less sticky) was now washed off, making
it sticky again! A troll AND a left brainer!

snip

Not better for protecting the inside of the well against rust it
wouldn't.

There is no rust at all in the wheel well,

I never said there was (you STUPID TROLL).

it's a decent
modern Korean car

Oxymoron (moron).

with not a scrap of rust anywhere.

See above. Ok thicko ... do you think removing something that could
provide a rust protective layer would make it more or less prone to
rust?

snip sad story unread

Lay a sheet of polythene over it and put the wheel in.

Makes more sense to remove it if that's easy.

Another big 'IF' and I guess you wouldn't be asking here if it was.

Depends on what answers I get on what solvent will get it off.

That may fist depend on you describing it properly and as yet you have
not.

Rod Bot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 2 Jun 2018 20:17:08 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote drool:

snip troll BS

Glad I'm still living in your head rent free, you stupid troll!

Right, I'm bored playing with you again (doesn't take long these days)
so back in the box for you ...

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"T i m" wrote in message
On Sat, 2 Jun 2018 05:13:32 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 1 Jun 2018 20:03:03 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

T i m wrote
Rod Speed wrote

I've got this mess in the wheel well where the spare tyre goes.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bonxvh3b8o..._1736.JPG?dl=0

Presumably it came from a spare which had some form
of tyre slime in it which came off the rim or something.

Unlikely.

Have fun explaining where else it came from.

I don't need to.

Corse you do with your stupid claim that it didn't come from the tyre.

Even more stupid with your claim that it did.

Have fun explaining where it came from when
its only in the wheel well and no where else.

snip

The stuff even you couldn't bull**** your way out of.

and rims and its trivial to check that they are fine.

BS. There is *NO WAY* you could ever check the internal integrity
of a second hand tyre from an unknown (to you) vehicle.

Corse you can, you take if off the rim and check it that way.

Bwhahahaha ... you stupid troll ...

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

you think just visually checking a tyre inside
guarantees there are no internal issues!

Just as true of tyre. Even a terminal ****wit
such as yourself doesn't fit a completely
new set of tyres every time you drive a car.

snip

The stuff even you couldn't bull**** your way out of.

No, because it's not *any* form of 'slime'.

Have fun explaining where it came from and
didn't get on the cover of the wheel well.

There is no 'slime' in there because it's not slime.

Have fun explaining what it is, and where that came from.

It could however be the remains of a can of
get-you-home 'Repair in a can' (vinyl) that has
been punctured and empted into the wheel well.

Nope, because I have never ever had a can of that stuff.

So, this stuff 'just appeared'

Nope, it obviously came from one of the
tyres and rims I got from the wreckers.

and you think it came out of a second
hand tyre you bought from a wreckers?

I know that it can't have come from anywhere else.

You have had a tyre, laying on it's side deflate
and just fall off the rim, to allow a liquid out?

I know that one of the spares was flat when I needed to use it.

Fortunately a mate of mine happened to show up at the
service station when I discovered it was flat and he came
over to see if I needed a hand and took it back to his place
to inflate it on his compressor to get it seated on the rim again
when the service station tyre pressure system wouldn't do that.

Nope, I noticed that there isnt any dust on the top of it, ****wit.

There was a smooth skin that could be
pressed and deformed when pressed.

Irrelevant to the fact that it could have been coved in dust.

Even a terminal ****wit such as yourself could see
dust if it was there and that wouldn't have stopped
the water working on just those bits anyway.

Whoosh!

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

Stupid stupid troll.

Your sig is sposed to be last, with a line
with just -- on it in front of it, ****wit child.

It's not that the dust stopped anything
working, it's that washing the dust off

There was no dust stuck to it.

(that was previously stuck to the sticky surface,

There was no sticky surface there. It was smooth
and with no dust at all there, a flexible skin.

making it less sticky)

It wasn't sticky at all.

And even a terminal ****wit troll should be able
to see no dust on those areas in the photo, ****wit.

was now washed off, making it sticky again!

Just another of your pathetic little drug crazed
drunken pig ignorant troll fantasys.

Very said you did, ****wit troll.

Completely useless, as always with your toll****.

Ok thicko ... do you think removing something
that could provide a rust protective layer

Don't need one the paint clearly does that fine.

would make it more or less prone to rust?

Irrelevant to rust when clearly the paint does that fine.

snip sad story unread

Cant even manage a viable troll. If you didn't read it, you have
no idea if its sad or not, you pathetic excuse for a bull**** artist.

Lay a sheet of polythene over it and put the wheel in.

Makes more sense to remove it if that's easy.

Another big 'IF' and I guess you wouldn't be asking here if it was.

Depends on what answers I get on what solvent will get it off.

That may fist depend on you describing it properly

Did that.

and as yet you have not.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag, troll****.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

T i m wrote
Rod Speed wrote

snip troll BS

Yes, that's all your **** ever is.

reams of your troll**** flushed where it belongs
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 2 June 2018 11:21:19 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
[...]

It was so nice when he was away for a couple of weeks. If no-one responded he'd eventually go elsewhere.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote drool:

snip troll BS

Glad I'm still living in your head rent free, you stupid troll!

Right, I'm bored playing with you again (doesn't take long these days)
so back in the box for you ...

Cheers, T i m

Fascinating insight there...
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote drool:

snip troll BS

Glad I'm still living in your head rent free, you stupid troll!

Right, I'm bored playing with you again (doesn't take long these days)
so back in the box for you ...

Cheers, T i m

Fascinating insight there...

Glad you are bothered enough to think so. ;-)

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 2 June 2018 13:30:39 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 2 Jun 2018 04:42:21 -0700 (PDT), tabbypurr wrote:

snip

It was so nice when he was away for a couple of weeks.

It was indeed ... raised the whole tone of the group not having his
bile splashed across every topic.

If no-one responded he'd eventually go elsewhere.

I doubt it ... they don't even care if they aren't being read ... like
a pirate radio stuck on transmit. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

the idiocy bothers me more than the bile.

NT