Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Spiders - How to get rid..

Can anyone help me with a bit of a problem with spiders? I seem to have hundreds of these things in the house. Heres a quick youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU7nKtt9fUo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 27 May 2018 09:07:59 -0700, Richard Donnelly wrote:

Can anyone help me with a bit of a problem with spiders? I seem to have
hundreds of these things in the house. Heres a quick youtube video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU7nKtt9fUo

Massive??? You obviously don't live in Australia. :-D

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 27 May 2018 17:19:26 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

I'm surprised you have them in the house at this time of year. It's
usually autumn when the weather turns cold that I get them coming
indoors. Whatever it is they're crawling around in, seems to be a pretty
effective trap.

The mini-series of 'beasts from the East' seems to have confused them
this year and there are some big hairy ones out now (so my sister, who
has a preoccupation with such things, informs me). I expect there will be
fewer in the Autumn this time around as a consequence.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/05/2018 17:07, Richard Donnelly wrote:
Can anyone help me with a bit of a problem with spiders? I seem to have hundreds of these things in the house. Heres a quick youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU7nKtt9fUo

If you have hundreds indoors it possibly means something large died,
attracted flies with in turn fed a spider which then produced a lot of
offspring. They possibly still have a food source attracted by the dead
animal.

I once had many hundreds of spiders the size of a pin head abseiling
from my loft hatch when a couple of pigeons were trapped and died after
a roof slate repair. However the infestation only lasted a day and the
spiders dispersed never to be seen again.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Richard Donnelly wrote

Can anyone help me with a bit of a problem with spiders?
I seem to have hundreds of these things in the house. Heres a quick
youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU7nKtt9fUo

Fly spray kills them fine.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sun, 27 May 2018 09:07:59 -0700 (PDT), Richard Donnelly
wrote:

Can anyone help me with a bit of a problem with spiders? I seem to have
hundreds of these things in the house. Heres a quick youtube video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU7nKtt9fUo

One of our cats loved spiders, and would consume them with gusto. Get
a cat!

We had a cat like that,for added joy it preferred to eat them up against
the glass of the outside of a window which was feet from the dining table.
Lovely view of spiders legs twirling about as they were disappearing past
the cats lips
While you were trying to enjoy meal.

GH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Can anyone help me with a bit of a problem with spiders? I seem to have
hundreds of these things in the house. Heres a quick youtube video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU7nKtt9fUo

One of our cats loved spiders, and would consume them with gusto. Get
a cat!

We had a cat like that,for added joy it preferred to eat them up against
the glass of the outside of a window which was feet from the dining table.
Lovely view of spiders legs twirling about as they were disappearing past
the cats lips
While you were trying to enjoy meal.

Classic fodder for a catapult.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:

We had a cat like that,for added joy it preferred to eat them up against
the glass of the outside of a window which was feet from the dining table.
Lovely view of spiders legs twirling about as they were disappearing past
the cats lips
While you were trying to enjoy meal.

Classic fodder for a catapult.

Despite the name Ive never been able to get the cat stay still in one long
enough to launch it.

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Marland" wrote in message
Rod Speed wrote:

We had a cat like that,for added joy it preferred to eat them up against
the glass of the outside of a window which was feet from the dining
table.
Lovely view of spiders legs twirling about as they were disappearing
past
the cats lips
While you were trying to enjoy meal.

Classic fodder for a catapult.

Despite the name Ive never been able to get the cat stay still in one
long
enough to launch it.

You use wire ties, stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/05/18 23:37, Marland wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:

We had a cat like that,for added joy it preferred to eat them up against
the glass of the outside of a window which was feet from the dining table.
Lovely view of spiders legs twirling about as they were disappearing past
the cats lips
While you were trying to enjoy meal.

Classic fodder for a catapult.

Despite the name Ive never been able to get the cat stay still in one long
enough to launch it.

http://www.wiseacre-gardens.com/games/catapult.html

GH

--
Labour - a bunch of rich people convincing poor people to vote for rich
people

Peter Thompson

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Richard Donnelly wrote:
Can anyone help me with a bit of a problem with spiders? I seem to have hundreds of these things in the house. Heres a quick youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU7nKtt9fUo

Why? they eat nasty insects,I even put a dressing gown cord over the
edge of the bathtub to allow spiders egress.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes in the autumn I have the babies abseiling from the cracks between the
tiles in my bedroom ceiling some years.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
wrote:

Can anyone help me with a bit of a problem with spiders? I seem to have
hundreds of these things in the house. Heres a quick youtube video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU7nKtt9fUo

One of our cats loved spiders, and would consume them with gusto. Get
a cat!

I'm surprised you have them in the house at this time of year. It's
usually autumn when the weather turns cold that I get them coming
indoors. Whatever it is they're crawling around in, seems to be a
pretty effective trap.

--

Chris

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Can anyone help me with a bit of a problem with spiders? I seem to have
hundreds of these things in the house. Heres a quick youtube video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU7nKtt9fUo

One of our cats loved spiders, and would consume them with gusto. Get
a cat!

I'm surprised you have them in the house at this time of year. It's
usually autumn when the weather turns cold that I get them coming
indoors. Whatever it is they're crawling around in, seems to be a
pretty effective trap.

--

Chris

I think these things are cyclical. Some years back the bricks in our house, which have a rough surface, don't know the terminology, were badly infested with spiders nests. (Little white cocoons). They were impossible to remove easily. Power hose, deck brush etc. Haven't seen them since.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 28 May 2018 14:08:44 +1000, FMurtz
wrote:

Richard Donnelly wrote:
Can anyone help me with a bit of a problem with spiders? I seem to have hundreds of these things in the house. Heres a quick youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU7nKtt9fUo

Why? they eat nasty insects,I even put a dressing gown cord over the
edge of the bathtub to allow spiders egress.

Yes. Spiders are your ally by eaying flies and other unpleasant
insects.

--
Why is an MP like a nappy?
Because they both need changing frequently and for the same reason