Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Landfill charges..

anyone have an idea how much it would cost to dispose of 10t of
earth/subsoil/whatever?

I would be sorting transport so a "gate fee" is presumably applicable?

Central M62 corridor.
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...

anyone have an idea how much it would cost to dispose of 10t of
earth/subsoil/whatever?

I would be sorting transport so a "gate fee" is presumably applicable?

Central M62 corridor.

Round here (TN33) it's about £100 per 8 wheeler load, which is why when I
needed 50 loads to level up for my Tractor Shed my local grabber chap was
more than happy to oblige

Andrew

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew Mawson" Wrote in
message:
"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...

anyone have an idea how much it would cost to dispose of 10t of
earth/subsoil/whatever?

I would be sorting transport so a "gate fee" is presumably applicable?

Central M62 corridor.

Round here (TN33) it's about £100 per 8 wheeler load, which is why when I
needed 50 loads to level up for my Tractor Shed my local grabber chap was
more than happy to oblige

Andrew

How many tonnes in a "load" you describe?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 27 May 2018 13:16:04 +0100 (GMT+01:00)
Jim K wrote:

"Andrew Mawson" Wrote in
message:
"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...

[...]

Round here (TN33) it's about £100 per 8 wheeler load, which is why
when I needed 50 loads to level up for my Tractor Shed my local
grabber chap was more than happy to oblige

Andrew

How many tonnes in a "load" you describe?

Twentyish?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...

"Andrew Mawson" Wrote in
message:
"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...

anyone have an idea how much it would cost to dispose of 10t of
earth/subsoil/whatever?

I would be sorting transport so a "gate fee" is presumably applicable?

Central M62 corridor.

Round here (TN33) it's about £100 per 8 wheeler load, which is why when I
needed 50 loads to level up for my Tractor Shed my local grabber chap was
more than happy to oblige

Andrew

How many tonnes in a "load" you describe?

Standard 8 wheeler load so 20

Andrew

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Andrew Mawson" Wrote in
message:
"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...

anyone have an idea how much it would cost to dispose of 10t of
earth/subsoil/whatever?

I would be sorting transport so a "gate fee" is presumably applicable?

Central M62 corridor.

Round here (TN33) it's about £100 per 8 wheeler load, which is why when I
needed 50 loads to level up for my Tractor Shed my local grabber chap was
more than happy to oblige

Andrew

How many tonnes in a "load" you describe?

Usually about 30
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dump_t...ard_dump_truck

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rob Morley Wrote in message:
On Sun, 27 May 2018 13:16:04 +0100 (GMT+01:00)
Jim K wrote:

"Andrew Mawson" Wrote in
message:
"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...

[...]

Round here (TN33) it's about £100 per 8 wheeler load, which is why
when I needed 50 loads to level up for my Tractor Shed my local
grabber chap was more than happy to oblige

Andrew

How many tonnes in a "load" you describe?

Twentyish?

Thanks.

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Andrew Mawson" Wrote in
message:
"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...

anyone have an idea how much it would cost to dispose of 10t of
earth/subsoil/whatever?

I would be sorting transport so a "gate fee" is presumably applicable?

Central M62 corridor.

Round here (TN33) it's about £100 per 8 wheeler load, which is why when I
needed 50 loads to level up for my Tractor Shed my local grabber chap was
more than happy to oblige

Andrew

How many tonnes in a "load" you describe?

Usually about 30
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dump_t...ard_dump_truck

Dont confuse gross weight with payload...
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Don't you need a licence these days for carrying waste?
If its soil I'd have thought there might be a market for it from people
wanting to fill in large holes!
There is currently on in Surbiton getting bigger by the day...grin...
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
anyone have an idea how much it would cost to dispose of 10t of
earth/subsoil/whatever?

I would be sorting transport so a "gate fee" is presumably applicable?

Central M62 corridor.
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" Wrote in message:
Don't you need a licence these days for carrying waste?
If its soil I'd have thought there might be a market for it from people
wanting to fill in large holes!
There is currently on in Surbiton getting bigger by the day...grin...
Brian

Define waste?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/05/2018 08:37, Jim K wrote:
"Brian Gaff" Wrote in message:
Don't you need a licence these days for carrying waste?
If its soil I'd have thought there might be a market for it from people
wanting to fill in large holes!
There is currently on in Surbiton getting bigger by the day...grin...
Brian

Define waste?

For the purposes in question that was done decades ago - as in the Waste
Framework Directive (2008/98/EC)

" 'waste' means any substance or object which the holder discards or
intends or is required to discard"

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/05/18 07:19, Brian Gaff wrote:
Don't you need a licence these days for carrying waste?
If its soil I'd have thought there might be a market for it from people
wanting to fill in large holes!
There is currently on in Surbiton getting bigger by the day...grin...
Brian

You need a Waste Carriers License to do it for someone else professionally.

You do not need it to take your own waste to a tip.

If you took your neighbour's bag of rubbish down the tip, I expect you
are technically breaching something, but noone gives a stuff in that
particular edge case.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Robin Wrote in message:
On 28/05/2018 08:37, Jim K wrote:
"Brian Gaff" Wrote in message:
Don't you need a licence these days for carrying waste?
If its soil I'd have thought there might be a market for it from people
wanting to fill in large holes!
There is currently on in Surbiton getting bigger by the day...grin...
Brian

Define waste?

For the purposes in question that was done decades ago - as in the Waste
Framework Directive (2008/98/EC)

" 'waste' means any substance or object which the holder discards or
intends or is required to discard"

What if it's reusable for its original purpose?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/05/2018 13:31, Jim K wrote:
Robin Wrote in message:
On 28/05/2018 08:37, Jim K wrote:
"Brian Gaff" Wrote in message:
Don't you need a licence these days for carrying waste?
If its soil I'd have thought there might be a market for it from people
wanting to fill in large holes!
There is currently on in Surbiton getting bigger by the day...grin...
Brian

Define waste?

For the purposes in question that was done decades ago - as in the Waste
Framework Directive (2008/98/EC)

" 'waste' means any substance or object which the holder discards or
intends or is required to discard"

What if it's reusable for its original purpose?

IIRC that don't stop it being waste. Consider eg your bed. You might
pay someone 10 quid to take it away when you've finished with it. That
person may give it to someone who uses it (as a bed). Doesn't stop you
being done if person you paid doesn't have the right licence.

What it may win you is right to one of the exemptions. Eg have a look
at the exemption for use of waste in construction which *might* cover
your stuff if you can find a buyer (which I think is more likely if you
keep the soil separate from the subsoil). But that pretty well exhausts
my recollection of the relevant law. (I remember in much more detail
the excellence of the bacon butties provided by waste management
companies on site visits!)

--
Robin

More landfill needed Stuart Noble UK diy 9 November 3rd 07 08:54 PM
rca repair charges [email protected] Electronics Repair 16 July 16th 05 11:31 PM
Credit card charges keith_765 UK diy 0 June 27th 05 09:08 AM
did contractor pad charges on new roof? Grant W. Petty Home Ownership 9 December 29th 04 01:21 PM
BT Line Fault Charges L UK diy 19 October 8th 04 04:03 PM