Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacing lean-too roof material

Some dozen years back my good wife had a mid life crisis and bought a Mk1 Mazda Mx5. I was obliged to quit the garage for this wee monster so that it could comply with the insurance company's requirements. So additional storage space had to be found for my wood store and somewhere for my lathes.

There was a vague open lean-too structure already on one side so that was formalised with a proper floor, walls, etc. The small pitch corrugated pvc roofing was recycled and patched up. It is is this that now needs replacing, not critical, but it would be better to do this summer.

But with what? There's no windows in this 'shed' so roof light is the norm.. I thought of conservatory roofing but then realised that I would have to totally change the roof framing for that for jointing the panels.

Any suggestions ?

The 'shed' is 4 x 2m with nominally 4 x 2" roof timbers at 800mm centres, and a fairly low pitch angle.

Thanks
Rob