Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Jobsworths

On 02/05/2018 03:59, Bill Wright wrote:
On 01/05/2018 21:03, ARW wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-43961726

"The authority launched its food strategy after its public health
department identified smoking, excessive drinking and poor diet as
major problems for the town."

Yep that's my town. Same as any other town or city and the thick ****s
in charge have just worked that out?

They aren't thick they're clever than you. Proof? You work hard for your
pay; they do **** all.

Easy for you to say that, but when when did *you* have to slog away at
re-imagining Barnsley as a Tuscan hill town?

Mind you, I reckon anyone who talks about making Barnsley a "sugar-free
borough" should be roasted with an orange in her mouth. (There's 9g of
sugar in a typical orange.) It'd mean no mint on Barnsley chops in
Barnsley. And where would Barnsley diabetics to go to to buy their
glucose sweets? Doncaster???

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 01/05/2018 21:03, ARW wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-43961726

"The authority launched its food strategy after its public health
department identified smoking, excessive drinking and poor diet as
major problems for the town."

Yep that's my town. Same as any other town or city and the thick
****s in charge have just worked that out?

They aren't thick they're clever than you. Proof? You work hard for
your pay; they do **** all.

Easy for you to say that, but when when did *you* have to slog away at
re-imagining Barnsley as a Tuscan hill town?

Mind you, I reckon anyone who talks about making Barnsley a "sugar-free
borough" should be roasted with an orange in her mouth.Â* (There's 9g of
sugar in a typical orange.)Â* It'd mean no mint on Barnsley chops in
Barnsley.Â* And where would Barnsley diabetics to go to to buy their
glucose sweets? Doncaster???

The Barnsley Chop, invented in the village I grew up in. It used to be
just a restaurant called Brooklands but now its now a Holiday Inn and
Bannatynes gym.

When it was Brooklands I remember staggering home from the Gate Inn (now
closed) with my brother after a lock in. The fire door to Brooklands
kitchen was wide open and no one was around. We went in and cooked
ourself a breakfast.

--
Adam

OT Jobsworths Brian Gaff UK diy 1 May 2nd 18 04:56 PM
OT Jobsworths Brian Gaff UK diy 0 May 2nd 18 03:09 PM
OT Jobsworths Andrew[_22_] UK diy 0 May 2nd 18 11:05 AM
OT Jobsworths whisky-dave[_2_] UK diy 0 May 2nd 18 10:25 AM