Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boundary

If the fence between my house and my neighbour - which is his
responsibility (T marks on deeds) falls down. Do I have any rights in
requiring him to replace it?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 09/04/2018 18:39, DerbyBorn wrote:
If the fence between my house and my neighbour - which is his
responsibility (T marks on deeds) falls down. Do I have any rights in
requiring him to replace it?

Generally speaking, no. Even if there's a covenant, it's probably
unenforceable.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09-Apr-18 6:39 PM, DerbyBorn wrote:
If the fence between my house and my neighbour - which is his
responsibility (T marks on deeds) falls down. Do I have any rights in
requiring him to replace it?

There is no general obligation in law for anybody to fence their land,
although railways, disused mines, building works adjacent to highways
and fields containing livestock each have specific laws requiring them
to be fenced. So, almost certainly not. There is, however, nothing to
stop you erecting your own fence on your side of the boundary.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/04/2018 18:39, DerbyBorn wrote:
If the fence between my house and my neighbour - which is his
responsibility (T marks on deeds) falls down. Do I have any rights in
requiring him to replace it?

No. You need some dogs in your yard. Big ones that do big poos.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/04/2018 19:58, Bill Wright wrote:
On 09/04/2018 18:39, DerbyBorn wrote:
If the fence between my house and my neighbour - which is his
responsibility (T marks on deeds) falls down. Do I have any rights in
requiring him to replace it?

No. You need some dogs in your yard. Big ones that do big poos.

For which you have responsibility in keeping on your land.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks - no problem yet but the fence is stating to fail and the neighbour
is new so an unknown quantity. The previous one was always on th ecase over
such matters.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/04/2018 21:25, Fredxx wrote:
On 09/04/2018 19:58, Bill Wright wrote:
On 09/04/2018 18:39, DerbyBorn wrote:
If the fence between my house and my neighbour - which is his
responsibility (T marks on deeds) falls down. Do I have any rights in
requiring him to replace it?

No. You need some dogs in your yard. Big ones that do big poos.

For which you have responsibility in keeping on your land.

Yes but after a while the neighbour will fix the fence. Get real.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/04/2018 21:55, DerbyBorn wrote:
Thanks - no problem yet but the fence is stating to fail and the neighbour
is new so an unknown quantity. The previous one was always on th ecase over
such matters.

Time to get that dog.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/04/18 18:39, DerbyBorn wrote:
If the fence between my house and my neighbour - which is his
responsibility (T marks on deeds) falls down. Do I have any rights in
requiring him to replace it?

No. But an offer to split the cost may go down better than a big dog
that craps, and be cheaper

--
€œSome people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of
a car with the cramped public exposure of €¨an airplane.€

Dennis Miller

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/04/18 18:39, DerbyBorn wrote:
If the fence between my house and my neighbour - which is his
responsibility (T marks on deeds) falls down. Do I have any rights in
requiring him to replace it?

Make a new "fence" out of things that naturally look untidy, like the
typical remains out of a builders skip.

Before long, they'll replace it.

--
Adrian C

Flues cross my boundary - whar are the regs Kev Parkin UK diy 52 March 2nd 20 01:29 PM
Fence boundary question. Dave UK diy 13 November 25th 04 04:48 PM
New boundary fence Rob Graham UK diy 22 October 31st 04 03:07 PM
Shower drainage - possible boundary dispute (O/T?) [email protected] UK diy 2 August 17th 04 09:04 PM
Footings crossing boundary Rockydell UK diy 28 February 24th 04 07:19 AM