Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cottage electrical problem

Volex Unit looks fine but no upstairs sockets are working.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/do

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Notsohandymum wrote:
Volex Unit looks fine but no upstairs sockets are working.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/do

You'll need to give some more information. That picture doesn't show
the relevant bits of the consumer unit - I can see the main switch and
two 6A MCBs, which probably feed the lights. The sockets will be on a
32A MCB (or possibly 20A). There's also an RCD somewhere based on the
warning label at the top of the picture - has that tripped?

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/03/2018 18:44, Notsohandymum wrote:
Volex Unit looks fineĀ* but no upstairs sockets are working.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/do

More crap from home owners hub

This time absolutely no link to the original posting and a completely
broken image link.
Quote:
Template Error: set_root: /themes//templates/ is not a directory.
Halted.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 24 March 2018 18:44:05 UTC, Notsohandymum wrote:

Volex Unit looks fine but no upstairs sockets are working.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/do

Assuming they worked ok before, almost anything in the chain may be faulty. MCB, RCD, wire fallen out in CU, wire come out of socket or junction box.

Plugging a socket tester into upstairs sockets may tell you/us something. If you're able to work on electrics some I'd apply a multimeter to see where you do & don't have power in the circuit.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/03/2018 20:00, alan_m wrote:
On 24/03/2018 18:44, Notsohandymum wrote:
Volex Unit looks fine but no upstairs sockets are working.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/do

More crap from home owners hub

This time absolutely no link to the original posting and a completely
broken image link.
Quote:
Template Error: set_root: /themes//templates/ is not a directory.
Halted.

Well in this case it appears to be an original post, and not something
dredged up fro 15 years ago, and the image link worked for me.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/03/2018 18:44, Notsohandymum wrote:
Volex Unit looks fine but no upstairs sockets are working.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/do

Try turning the MCB for the circuit off and then back on again...Its not
unknown for circuit breakers to look like they are "closed" when they
are actually still open.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Whoever wrote that portal needs to be replaced I think!
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
"alan_m" wrote in message
On 24/03/2018 18:44, Notsohandymum wrote:
Volex Unit looks fineĀ but no upstairs sockets are working.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/do

More crap from home owners hub

This time absolutely no link to the original posting and a completely
broken image link.
Quote:
Template Error: set_root: /themes//templates/ is not a directory.
Halted.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/03/18 18:44, Notsohandymum wrote:
Volex Unit looks fineĀ* but no upstairs sockets are working.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/do

Well bugger me backwards witha a frozen peasant.

--
Renewable energy: Expensive solutions that don't work to a problem that
doesn't exist instituted by self legalising protection rackets that

cottage water system problem mike-k Home Repair 3 May 1st 06 01:23 AM
Zoning Laws For Cottage Rentals news.la.sbcglobal.net Home Ownership 0 September 24th 04 01:10 AM
COTTAGE FOR SALE Danielle Home Ownership 0 August 25th 04 05:51 PM
Old Granite cottage renovation Robin Soper UK diy 16 March 4th 04 10:38 PM
Thatched cottage insurance JK UK diy 13 July 29th 03 04:16 PM