Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default ROFLMAO!

On 13/03/18 16:28, Andrew wrote:
On 13/03/2018 13:56, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 13:43:42 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
** The Natural Philosopher wrote:
As one farmer's wife remarked 'If I had a gay boar, I'd send him to
the
slaughterhouse termorrow'

Meaning she'd keep all other male pigs and allow them to breed?

Or is there a flaw in her pithy comment somewhere?

No, but your comment is unsurprising as you obviously don't understand
basic economics. Farmers keep a few male stock of whatever species to
mate with their female stock and produce offspring to be raised and
sold and generate income. A gay boar, like a gay ram or a gay bull, is
of no use to a farmer. Their only value is as meat, so off the go to
market and the slaughterhouse.

And bull calves from dairy cows are worthless and tend to be shot
and given to the local zoo or hunt.

Oh dear.

No they are not worthless.

They are still meat.

Good edible meat.

Not according to my farming relatives and friends who are farmers.

Friesen or Holstein bull calves are unwelcome.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

They are unwelcome but avoided by inseminating dairy cattle with beef breeds.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
harry writes
wrote:

[...]

Hmm.. you still need to inseminate with a dairy breed to get followers.
As yet there is no easy way of predicting the sex of the result.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Do they make hamburgers?

--
It is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of
who pay no price for being wrong.

Thomas Sowell

ROFLMAO! Wes[_5_] Metalworking 3 August 2nd 10 04:45 AM
ROFLMAO! Brian Lawson Metalworking 1 August 1st 10 02:35 AM
ROFLMAO!!! Gunner[_2_] Metalworking 10 July 27th 08 12:17 AM
ROFLMAO! Gunner[_2_] Metalworking 1 October 13th 07 11:54 AM