Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Anyone used a "Sandglider" on Parquet flooring?

One of the many jobs here is to restore a herringbone Parquet floor. I
don't want to use a drum sander on it and can't find a large belt sander
to hire, so I'm wondering about hiring a Sandglider
https://www.hss.com/hire/p/sand-glider-floor-sander from HSS. Has anyone
any direct experience of using them on pitch pine Parquet that's in
reasonable condition?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 9 March 2018 03:43:55 UTC, wrote:
One of the many jobs here is to restore a herringbone Parquet floor. I
don't want to use a drum sander on it and can't find a large belt sander
to hire, so I'm wondering about hiring a Sandglider
https://www.hss.com/hire/p/sand-glider-floor-sander from HSS. Has anyone
any direct experience of using them on pitch pine Parquet that's in
reasonable condition?

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...n_a_Wood_Floor

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/03/2018 03:43, wrote:
One of the many jobs here is to restore a herringbone Parquet floor. I
don't want to use a drum sander on it and can't find a large belt sander
to hire, so I'm wondering about hiring a Sandglider
https://www.hss.com/hire/p/sand-glider-floor-sander from HSS. Has anyone
any direct experience of using them on pitch pine Parquet that's in
reasonable condition?

whatever machine you use de-wax it first as wax will clog the sanding
disk/belt very quickly.

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/03/2018 05:43, wrote:
On Friday, 9 March 2018 03:43:55 UTC, wrote:
One of the many jobs here is to restore a herringbone Parquet floor. I
don't want to use a drum sander on it and can't find a large belt sander
to hire, so I'm wondering about hiring a Sandglider
https://www.hss.com/hire/p/sand-glider-floor-sander from HSS. Has anyone
any direct experience of using them on pitch pine Parquet that's in
reasonable condition?

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...n_a_Wood_Floor

NT

Thanks for the link, I particularly liked the comment about perfectionism.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/03/2018 08:39, Muddymike wrote:
On 09/03/2018 03:43, wrote:
One of the many jobs here is to restore a herringbone Parquet floor. I
don't want to use a drum sander on it and can't find a large belt
sander to hire, so I'm wondering about hiring a Sandglider
https://www.hss.com/hire/p/sand-glider-floor-sander from HSS. Has
anyone any direct experience of using them on pitch pine Parquet
that's in reasonable condition?

whatever machine you use de-wax it first as wax will clog the sanding
disk/belt very quickly.

Mike

A good point. I'll try white spirit and steel wool.

The first task is to raise the loose blocks, scrape the bitumen and
stick them down again with Sika 5500s (first Sika Rapid DPM). Then I'll
sand the edges but leave the bulk of the floor until the skirting is
fitted and the room is decorated

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
One of the many jobs here is to restore a herringbone Parquet floor.
I don't want to use a drum sander on it and can't find a large belt
sander to hire, so I'm wondering about hiring a Sandglider
https://www.hss.com/hire/p/sand-glider-floor-sander from HSS. Has
anyone any direct experience of using them on pitch pine Parquet
that's in reasonable condition?

whatever machine you use de-wax it first as wax will clog the sanding
disk/belt very quickly.

Mike

A good point. I'll try white spirit and steel wool.

The first task is to raise the loose blocks, scrape the bitumen and
stick them down again with Sika 5500s (first Sika Rapid DPM). Then I'll
sand the edges but leave the bulk of the floor until the skirting is
fitted and the room is decorated

I'd sand the edges before fitting skirting. Most machines don't get
right up to the skirting.

Mike

Suggestions for sanding 6" square parquet flooring Brent Bolin Home Repair 5 November 12th 11 07:47 PM
If you are looking to build a full wardrobe and you have a limitedbudget, consider shopping in used clothing stores. Used clothing stores offera variety of clothing at affordable prices. You can shop for used clothing inphysical stores or online. [email protected] Woodworking 0 April 26th 08 12:19 AM
Oak parquet flooring Amt UK diy 1 April 9th 04 06:18 PM
parquet flooring - Large tiles. Lc UK diy 0 March 25th 04 10:53 PM
Parquet flooring problem Jim Mc Namara Woodworking 11 September 3rd 03 03:53 PM