Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nothanks@aolbin.com is offline

Default Anyone used a "Sandglider" on Parquet flooring?

On 09/03/2018 08:39, Muddymike wrote:
On 09/03/2018 03:43, wrote:
One of the many jobs here is to restore a herringbone Parquet floor. I
don't want to use a drum sander on it and can't find a large belt
sander to hire, so I'm wondering about hiring a Sandglider
https://www.hss.com/hire/p/sand-glider-floor-sander from HSS. Has
anyone any direct experience of using them on pitch pine Parquet
that's in reasonable condition?

whatever machine you use de-wax it first as wax will clog the sanding
disk/belt very quickly.

Mike

A good point. I'll try white spirit and steel wool.

The first task is to raise the loose blocks, scrape the bitumen and
stick them down again with Sika 5500s (first Sika Rapid DPM). Then I'll
sand the edges but leave the bulk of the floor until the skirting is
fitted and the room is decorated